• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your platform of choice ?

• Xbox One / S

Votes: 40 3.1%
  • Xbox One X

Votes: 41 3.2%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 114 8.9%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 654 51.2%
  • PC

Votes: 598 46.8%
  • Xcloud ( I presume it will be available)

Votes: 43 3.4%

• Total voters

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PC & Series X

Not sure what my primary platform will be yet. Have to gauge performance

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PC, I can't play any FPS with a controller.
You can plug a keyboard and mouse into many console FPS games these days and it works, on Xbox and PS5. I believe Halo Infinite is one of them. (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

It'll probably tend to put you in PC lobbies more (depends on the game and it's matchmaking rules) but it's definitely a common thing.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
tvFxujd.gif

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm probably going to play the Multiplayer mode on PC and the campaign on the XBOX Series S, I need the spectacle on the big screen.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Series X on LGCX.

I'll definitely try it on my 3080, but with the free nature of the multiplayer, I may stick to XSX bacause of cheaters (if disabling crossplay will even be an option...)

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would hope to play it on Series X, but right now, I only have S. I do not expect to get one in the holiday season.
In the meanwhile, I may also play it on my One X in my gaming room.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Series X. Been playing Destiny on console quite a bit in 2021, so hoping that will give me an edge in MP - or at least more of one than I'll have against M+K turbosweats on PC, lol.

Beyond that, I might end up going back and forth between the two a bit.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Series X for the most part. Series S in my office when I play a bit on breaks.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Initially on XSX and then also on PC for the inevetibale modding.

Need to build a new PC first though and that process won't be complete until I can actually buy a GPU for (near) MSRP prices.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Ive got the Halo Series X ordered. Im currently using a Series S.

To be honest the S is so good for first party and the Tech Previews performed so well, that Im wondering, Is it worth spending another €550 for essentially a res bump.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Probably mostly on my Series X.
Unfortunately I only have a "budget" 4K HDR TV until sometime next year when I plan on getting a C1.

So I might play on my PC, too with my 1080p 144Hz GSYNC monitor.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Already primed and ready with my PC with GPU sub. I don't have to do a thing but wait till launch date!!!!!1111

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Wow look at that split, was expecting more lean toward consoles. Just shows how incredibly strong the PC player base is.
Personally will play on Xbox Series X, on the OLED, but will happily fire this up on my laptop. Saves should be on both platforms right?

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
PC, but I intend to get an Xbox console mostly for BC stuff and Phantasy Star Online 2 sometime in 2022 or 2023 and think I will continue playing multiplayer through that.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Literally how can only five other human beings plan to play Halo Infinite on an Xbox One?? I tried to get an Xbox Series X and I could not do it. I downloaded an app to send me stock notifications. I pre-emptively created accounts on major retailers' websites with my credit cart information. I wasted two weeks on this. Where did all of you find these mythical Series X consoles?
Microsoft said they would open preorders on September 22, 9am, so on September 22 9am I pressed F5 twice, it came up and I bought it 🤷‍♂️. I had two retailers and the Microsoft store open and you could buy it for around 12 minutes quite easily.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
1X at first, but PC will probably be my main platform until I get a Series X.

Well, I am in the minority here, but I enjoyed 5 as much as 4 and ODST. All of them are good to great FPS IMHO. Not as good as most of the Bungie games though.

I'd say just wait a bit longer. Halo 5 might show up on PC eventually.
Story aside, Halo 5 had a much better campaign. Better levels, better enemy balance, better gameplay, better weapons, better music. Plus the multiplayer dumps all over Halo 4's

I really don't get how someone could play through Halo 4's ultra-linear campaign and then Halo 5's expansive variety-filled campaign and be like "I prefer the corridor shooter with the annoying-ass enemies, wack art style, and generic Hollywood score."

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Series X unless I get my hands on a GPU between now and release.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels right to play it on the platform that got me into the franchise to begin with (Xbox.

I also don't have PC.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
When they pushed the game to late 2021, I think they should have dropped the version for the old machines.
But I am looking foward to be playing it on my Series X