• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Offense or defense? What good boy are you getting?

• Sword

Votes: 419 42.5%
  • Shield

Votes: 449 45.5%
  • I'm rich lol, buying both

Votes: 64 6.5%
  • I'm poor lol, still buying both though

Votes: 54 5.5%

• Total voters

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
So everybody going shield because it's the least popular uh check the poll again :/

I usually go for the 'not default' one too but Sword pup looks stupid. Shieldkanine looks like some kind of a pokemon.

Would be funny if Dynamaxing sword pup he becomes giant but his sword stays small and all his moves are replaced with splash.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
My girlfriend is getting Sword, and I'm all about filling out the Pokédex, so Shield is fine by me!

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I always box Legendaries since they feel like a "cheat mode" in these games. So it's really all up to knowing all of the version exclusives besides the box legendary on which game to get.

Literally the same dog but with either a shield head or forced sword, lmao
I'm assuming they look similar because of possible lore that they are blood related, similar to Latios and Latias.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
They exist even outside of Era, I have proof.

6AflLd3.png

Stay safe out there.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
I picked sword just because it reminds me of sif in dark souls

thats the only reason

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect it to be another Nebby situation.

Except it's probably going to be a Corgi instead of amorphous space blob.
No. Don't suggest this. Don't suggest that they will take an awesome concept as a corgi-based Pokemon and waste it on a useless pre-evo of a legendary!

Don't will that evil into this world!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
A mane consisting entirely of layered, ornate, interlocking shields that can absorb blows, act as a battering ram and possibly reflect lasers is HELLA BADASS.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I don't really care about legendaries since I never use them; which version I buy will depend on the other version-exclusive Pokemon.

That said, Zamazenta is a pretty cool name.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
No. Don't suggest this. Don't suggest that they will take an awesome concept as a corgi-based Pokemon and waste it on a useless pre-evo of a legendary!

Don't will that evil into this world!
just imagine

the royal family will have a corgi-mon, generally useless, until it grabs the coat of arms and evolves into whatever version's legendary you're playing.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly can't decide, but something about Zamazenta looking like a straight-up knight complete with a helmet tassel just speaks to me. I like Zacian too. What sucks about the both of them is that the box art is as boring as the Switch's spine covers.

I better decide soon so I can get that $10 reward for preordering through Best Buy.