• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is it? (Comment below if not on the poll)

• Beetlejuice

Votes: 41 25.0%
  • Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Batman

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Batman Returns

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Edward Scissorhands

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas

Votes: 33 20.1%
  • Ed Wood

Votes: 25 15.2%

• Total voters
Dec 25, 2018
I'm not sure if the Nightmare Before Christmas would count because he was only a producer and did not direct it. But it is my favorite of everything he produced.

But I guess a film he directed would be Edward Scissorhands. Danny Elfman's soundtrack was top-notch to me. The ice dance scene is so beautiful.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

I just re-watched it for the first time in a long time recently, and it still holds up really well.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Big Fish was his last great work and tied as my personal favorite alongside Nightmare Before Christmas.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which season is more appropriate to watch nightmare before Christmas. Halloween or Christmas?

It's gotta be Christmas right?

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
If we count his producer credit, then it's Nightmare. Otherwise it's Edward Scissorhands.

Need to give Bettlejuice a rewatch, though. Haven't seen that in almost 20 years.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
If we count his producer credit, then it's Nightmare. Otherwise it's Edward Scissorhands.

Need to give Bettlejuice a rewatch, though. Haven't seen that in almost 20 years.
Just rewatched it with my 7 year old and thought he might be freaked out by some of the "horror" scenes. Nope, it was the perfect amount of silly and he laughed his head off. But his favorite was the dinner scene, and that made my heart swell.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
As much as I love his style, the actual films always end up being disappointing for me, don't really like them at all.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
tenor.gif

Mars attacks by far

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Ed Wood, Beetlejuice, Batman Returns, Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

*He didn't direct Nightmare Before Christmas.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
None of ya'll like Frankenweenie? I have yet to see it, but it actually reviewed well. Now I'm curious lol.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's Beetlejuice.

There's something pretty fun about Frankenweenie as a more recent movie of his.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd put Ed Wood, Batman, and Mars Attacks in his top three, but I'm not sure which one goes on top. Mars Attack is perfect for what it does, but Ed Wood has some spots that are really, genuinely moving.

I still need to see Big Fish. I saw the musical a few years ago, but never got around to watching the actual movie.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Sleepy Hollow by a mile, i LOVE it. The atmosphere, the quirky characters combined with bloody gore, it's just fantastic.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dude's probably my favorite director, though he himself can fuck off given things said in recent years.

Speaking just to his directorial career, Sweeney Todd is pretty far above all his other work for me. Then Batman Returns, Batman, Big Fish, Ed Wood, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and Sleepy Hollow are all great movies. Everything after that ranges from good (Corpse Bride, Mars Attacks) to awful (Dark Shadows). I've not seen Perregrin, Big Eyes, and Alice 2.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Ed Wood or Edward Scissorhands. Those two are the purest expressions of his whole "thing".

EDIT: I adore The Nightmare Before Christmas, but it's not a Burton film.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Pee Wee's Big Adventure as a kid

Beetlejuice as a teen

Big Fish as an adult