• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So, last year was pretty interisting in terms of ports for the switch, specially on the Strategy/Tycoon side.
On the top of my head, we had 4 games:
Civilization 6
Cities:Skylines
Prison Architec
Roller coaster Tycoon.

Yeah, 2 of them are in other consoles too, but Civilization could be a new point on the switch life.
What is your dream game of the genre? Mine would be Stellaris and Total War. But how total war would even work? Well, there are ways, maybe with a lot of pausing, but i could be done i think, and it could ve a older one that fit the system, like shogun 2 or even rome 1, just to get a taste.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say a new Advance Wars, but War Groove is gonna scratch that itch.

SRW T is already confirmed for Switch too, so that's another checked box.

So i'd say....a remake/reboot/Sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I just want a new Fire Emblem game in 1080-
H2x1_NSwitch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_image800w.jpg

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Would Crusader Kings work? It might be a pain on a small screen, but if Firaxis could get Civ working as well as it does it might be possible.

Rimworld too, I can see myself sinking infinite hours into that on a handheld.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Any Paradox grand strategy game. It would be interesting to see CK3 be released on Switch and Ipads but not be dumbed down in any way.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
XCOM 2. But I don't see that happening, Civ VI happened thanks to Aspyr and iOS.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Into the Breach is already pretty perfect. Of course I'd take an Advance Wars game, and it would be wonderful if Fire Emblem catered more to my tastes. Otherwise, I guess maybe an XCOM port of some kind? Invisible, Inc?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Yeah, this too

I think it could work, but they have to figure out the UI
My worry would be that Paradox can barely make the UI readable on PC which is full of tiny icons with mouse-over pop-ups. Trying to make that work with a controller or touchscreen would require a complete rethinking of how information is relayed in those games, and likely a decrease in the sheer volume of info you can get on each screen.

OP
OP

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My worry would be that Paradox can barely make the UI readable on PC which is full of tiny icons with mouse-over pop-ups. Trying to make that work with a controller or touchscreen would require a complete rethinking of how information is relayed in those games, and likely a decrease in the sheer volume of info you can get on each screen.
Yes, it would take much more work tonreach the info you want
But if they are making stellaris for xbox/ps4, maybe they can use it to test a new form of UI to make a standart for the consoles

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
civ and cities skylines are available. i just need FE to be good and for an advance wars to exist.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Civ 6 runs really poorly on the Switch in bigger games so anything I'd like along those lines will never likely happen.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
This, but unlike CIV, Xcom is tecnically a mess.
Is a wonder that they made it run on a ps4

I think it's not so much that XCom 2 is technically a mess. It looks astounding on PC. It was one of the best looking games in the year it came out. Just too taxing for the common hardware at the time.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Yes, it would take much more work tonreach the info you want
But if they are making stellaris for xbox/ps4, maybe they can use it to test a new form of UI to make a standart for the consoles
It'll be interesting to see definitely. I'm not a huge Stellaris guy, but hopefully they can take lessons from that and apply it to the rest of their games since all of them could use some UI clean-up, even on PC.

OP
OP

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's not so much that XCom 2 is technically a mess. It looks astounding on PC. It was one of the best looking games in the year it came out. Just too taxing for the common hardware at the time.
I remeber that i thought it looked ok. Not a looker, but not bad
Maybe my mind is playing tricks with me

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics 2.

A new Ogre Battle game.

Front Mission

Advance Wars

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Advance Wars would be gorgeous on Switch. I miss Lash.

I still think I prefer to play full Civ-style games on a PC at home.

The answer to everything in life is Tactics Ogre.
I remember playing that on vacation about a decade ago and having to print out and highlight text guides to the remake just to make sure I got the most out of each playthrough. Tactics Orgre is amazing and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Stella Glow 2.
The first one is one of the best 3DS games.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
A new full-on Final Fantasy Tactics 2, headed by Matsuno. I would love this so much.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I'd love a new Advance Wars, and back to the more cartoonish feel of the original games. Ditch the mopey Days of Ruin.

Parkitect would also be fun but it would be a bit much for the system without some heavy tinkering for controller input.