• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Artificial sweeteners (those deemed safe) have got to be among the top 5 inventions in recent human history. Great taste, no calories, no health issues unless you suffer from specific conditions. Getting used to the flavour is literally a matter of days or weeks, after which you'll find sugared drinks aggressively sweet. There is no turning back. Why would anyone get a sugar coke over a diet coke? For the sake of everybody's health, I wouldn't mind seeing non-diet drinks just taken off the shelves. Let people riot a week or three, laugh at their aspartame conspiracy theories, wait and watch the country's average BMI drop year by year.
All public health employees on Era are welcome to forward my idea to their superiors.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Sugar is tasty. They replaced the normal mtn. dew with the diet new mtn. dew here and it's atrocious.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sugar free drinks taste horrible. I just drink water all day and will sometimes get a proper soda if I feel like it.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I'm assuming people like them. Personally I've given away soft drinks all together, still haven't had one this year. I still get cravings which is even more incentive not to go back.

Personally I'm trying to limit how manny calories I drink. It's so easy to consume far more than you think and it's more fun eating anyway. I mostly just drink tea and water (and tea has so many flavours!).

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
The aftertaste of diet sodas arent that great all that often. Sometimes you want the real thing. High fructose corn syrup can gtfo tho.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
My logic has always been that if you want to eat healthy, eat healthy. If you want something that is sweet and sugary and bad for you, don't adulterate it by getting the version that uses inferior ingredients.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not on a diet.

I drink a couple of cans of drink a month, if at all, so I will always go full sugar.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I'm assuming people like them. Personally I've given away soft drinks all together, still haven't had one this year. I still get cravings which is even more incentive not to go back.

Personally I'm trying to limit how manny calories I drink. It's so easy to consume far more than you think and it's more fun eating anyway. I mostly just drink tea and water (and tea has so many flavours!).
What's stopping you from drinking diet soda? No calories there.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
we started a sugar tax in the uk, not sure what kind of effect it's had on consumption, but one of the outcomes was that drink makers either reduced the amount of sugar in their drinks, or the total size of the drink. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43659124

it's a public health crisis and needs to be treated as such. companies need to be incentivised or threatened into reducing the amount of sugar they use.

Nov 9, 2017
Diet Dr Pepper is a godsend in my house. I just buy a 12 pack and it lasts me for like a month. Haven't had a real soda in months, don't miss em at all really.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
My logic has always been that if you want to eat healthy, eat healthy. If you want something that is sweet and sugary and bad for you, don't adulterate it by getting the version that uses inferior ingredients.
Okay lol. Good logic. Enjoy your diabetes and obesity I guess. Next time I'll make sure to pick up some heroin instead of Tylenol since they're both bad for my organs.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes coke zero tastes like shit too
They'll fuck up your mouth anyway so don't get addicted to that shit in the first place.
You got sources on this? Personally I drink a can of Coke Zero pretty much every day, and have been for a year or so, and I just recently got the lowest possible premium on my dental insurance. They told me my teeth were simply excellent.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can only assume people who think they taste the same are missing most of their tastebuds from sticking it in an electrical socket.

Diet coke tastes like ass.
Coke zero tastes like ass.

Pepsi Max tastes better than regular Pepsi however.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Diet sodas taste gross and aren't healthy. If I'm gonna drink something that's bad for me I might as well drink something that tastes good.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Okay lol. Good logic. Enjoy your diabetes and obesity I guess. Next time I'll make sure to pick up some heroin instead of Tylenol since they're both bad for my organs.

You've misunderstood. Unhealthy stuff is a treat, so what's the point having a 'healthy' imitation of that treat. Just don't eat/drink it to excess and you can enjoy the full version.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well they don't taste awful for starters. Anything with Splenda in it is pretty much guaranteed to taste bad. That being said I rarely drink soda these days anyways.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Because honestly I feel a bit down if I drink too many coke zero's in a row. Regular old coke makes me feel less shitty.

I actually like the taste of coke zero, but I prefer the taste of regular coke.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, if heroin's only negative side effect was long-term organ health I'd probably be doing a lot more heroin.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I rarely drink this stuff and it makes no sense to buy a diet drink if the mood for a coke strikes me once in a while. Why would i spend money on a much worse tasting drink? Soft drinks are unhealthy either way.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Artificial sweeteners (those deemed safe) have got to be among the top 5 inventions in recent human history. Great taste, no calories, no health issues unless you suffer from specific conditions. Getting used to the flavour is literally a matter of days or weeks, after which you'll find sugared drinks aggressively sweet. There is no turning back. Why would anyone get a sugar coke over a diet coke? For the sake of everybody's health, I wouldn't mind seeing non-diet drinks just taken off the shelves. Let people riot a week or three, laugh at their aspartame conspiracy theories, wait and watch the country's average BMI drop year by year.
All public health employees on Era are welcome to forward my idea to their superiors.

Artificial sweeteners don't taste great, though.

kamakazi5

Oct 28, 2017
I used to think so too but now trying regular red Coke after years of Pepsi Max it just tastes plain too sweet.

Now that I have heard as well. You get used to the taste and have issues with regular sofa later. I'd like to get to that point but I just can't get myself to drink them long enough to get used to the taste.

I just keep my consumption to a minimum and tend to not worry a out it.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are probably some double blind experiments out there to see if the taste of diet vs normal soda are really that different. My take: they taste the same!