• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I don't think it needs to be good. I think it needs things people want. It needs to be open world, story based, and have familiar characters/locations. It also needs decent-good visuals. That's all it needs. It doesn't need to be good. It just needs to be something people would consider AAA.

Deleted member 61179

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
Valérian and Laureline (1967)was an inspiration for George Lucas' Star Wars.
The movie was meh but its stil an interesting franchise.
screen-4.jpg

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I don't think it needs to be good. I think it needs things people want. It needs to be open world, story based, and have familiar characters/locations. It also needs decent-good visuals. That's all it needs. It doesn't need to be good. It just needs to be something people would consider AAA.
Spider-Man sold this well not because it was just a AAA SM game, but because it had great reviews. There's no guarantee that just making the HP game with things people want in it would sell as well or as close to Marvel's Spider-Man. If the game has poor or middling reviews, don't expect it to reach SM's level of sales. 😐

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
In the vacuum left by Uncharted the 007 franchise could be massive just cribbing that formula.
It could potentially work even better than Uncharted in some ways. Killing a bunch of people seems a bit more in character for Bond than wise cracking charismatic Nathan Drake. The over the top action set pieces would also fit Bond perfectly.

Add to the Uncharted formula fun gadgets and Goldeneye-style mission objectives that get harder with increased difficulty settings and I think a game like that could be amazing.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I enjoyed the two Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games, but I think anyone giving The World's Greatest Detective the AAA treatment could really do something special. A VR version might work well, with interactive crime scenes and close up interrogations.

I assume this IP being over 100 years old, it's also free to use? And if someone wants to pay for a brand, then we have two modern versions of Holmes (Downey Jr and Cumberbatch) to choose from.

Still waiting for a good Doctor Who game (though I haven't tried the recent VR release). Personally I want a narrative, Telltale-style story which I can comfortably fit within my head-canon.

Wrynnax

Oct 29, 2017
How come there is no Supernatural game, I can't understand. The series is ending, but you could do so much with a video game...Have Sam be more of a caster type with spells and ranged and Dean be up close and personal. Make it coop as well, fighting all sorts of monsters with a buddy and then go cruising in the muscle car.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Somebody will, eventually, nail the landing with a Superman game in the same manner that Rocksteady struck gold with Batman.

It's inevitable even if the wait has been interminable.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'd prefer it to be a game where we could make our own character and have a house chosen for that character based off early game choices and dialog trees - just take place in the Wizarding World.
I am curious about how they're going to handle the houses in that leaked RPG. I have to imagine that writing, animating and voice-acting a different supporting cast for each house would be a huge expense--you'd essentially need four different sets of Rons and Hermiones, along with the smaller background characters.

I suppose they could work around it by just having a couple of characters who always end up in the same house as the protagonist...

s y

Nov 8, 2017
The only type of game that would Work with watchmen would be a telltale/quantic dream type.

Making a combat heavy watchmen game is one of the most mountain dude gamer dumb shit ideas I've heard.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, an open-world Kino's Journey game by Team Ico is a billion dollar idea waiting to happen :P!

My genuine answer is a high budget Fate game for consoles. It's in the same place Spider-Man was at: a tremendously huge IP that dwarfs the competition (in terms of revenue, Spider-Man is bigger than the next 4 top superhero properties combined - Fate is similarly ridiculous), with cheaper games that exist to make a steady profit off the name instead of prestige titles.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Since when was Spider-Man a dormant franchise? There have been more Spider-man games this gen than Batman...

Also, have the 5 movies with Spider-Man passed gamers by?

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a Terminator game in the same vein as Alien Isolation.

Also a new Motorstorm with Forza Horizon elements.

Also a Bond game with Uncharted quality gameplay and story, and a Skyrim scale HP, LOTR and even GoT games are begging to be made.

Last edited:

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
I'll echo James Bond but I think an immersive sim style game with multiple ways through levels would be good.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Actually, the (traversal) game play of PS4 Spider-Man would work. Medival City instead of NYC.

I think adhering to the rules and limitations of mistborn powers would be hard to achieve. I guess. But I'd love an open world game in luthadel and even surrounding areas where you can explore hidden temples and shit.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TMNT for me. The old rumors of Rocksteady doing a Turtles game got me so hyped years ago.
I still think those rumors were literally just cos they are called Rocksteady.

I feel like the obvious ones : Alien, Predator, Terminator are all set up for greatness if they just put the right studio and budget behind them.