• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If Bloodborne were to re-release for PS5 with these changes, how much would you be willing to pay?

• $9.99

Votes: 30 8.5%
  • $19.99

Votes: 37 10.5%
  • $29.99

Votes: 48 13.6%
  • $39.99

Votes: 56 15.9%
  • $49.99

Votes: 29 8.2%
  • $59.99

Votes: 97 27.5%
  • I'd stick with playing the original via backward compatibility out of principle

Votes: 56 15.9%

• Total voters

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably just the design philosophy I don't like, then. I'm not a fan of games where they just set you somewhere and say "go" because I always say "ok, go where?"

Also I don't see how "getting good" in the traditional meaning has any correlation with getting lost. Dying isn't the issue, not knowing where my next destination is.

I would never be shitty and respond to someone's experience with get good (or git gud) so I'm sorry you're getting comments like that. I would say in this case that I think you're right and the design philosophy probably just runs counter to your taste. Which is fine! If that is not someone's preferred kind of experience then it's valid cause for feeling dissatisfied.

However, a map would fundamentally alter the gameplay experience to its core as its absence is one of the pillars that holds the design together. So if one were to play Bloodborne with a map they would probably end up dissatisfied with several other elements of the game.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
It's a small thing but fixing some of the background geometry issues would be a nice improvement. This isn't something most people probably notice, but look closely and there's a ton of misplaced meshes or ones set to the wrong LOD level throughout the game. Stuff like that random statue floating right next to the Old Yharnman entrance for example. This was probably the result of some areas having a drastic overhaul fairly late in development - for example the view of the city from Hemwick doesn't really line up with that we see while inside Central Yharnam which suggests it was based on an earlier version. Regardless, I think giving each of the maps another polish pass would really help elevate the games presentation even further.

Also, if there is ever a game crying out for ray traced lighting, it's this one. Highly detailed geometry? Lots of puddles and wet materials? Most areas in shadow and lit by indirect light? Pitch black areas lit mostly by the player's torchlight? It's basically the perfect game for that kind of lighting technology.

Last edited:

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
As everyone else has stated 4k/60 with even frame pacing.

Also do we think theirs any significance to this actually happening at some point with it's release in the new ps collection on the ps5?

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's probably just the design philosophy I don't like, then. I'm not a fan of games where they just set you somewhere and say "go" because I always say "ok, go where?"

Also I don't see how "getting good" in the traditional meaning has any correlation with getting lost. Dying isn't the issue, not knowing where my next destination is.
understanding and knowing where to are a huge part of being good in a souls. Combat is only a part of the gameplay

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
$40 cuz that's what DS Remastered was. I would t be willing to spend more just because it's BB. I think it's great but I still prefer DS to it.

crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Most important stuff, 60 fps and no framepacing issues. Maybe the possibility to adjust the chromatic aberration too. Sometimes it's a bit too much for my eyes (makes everything blurry and my head hurts).

I might be in the minority here but I don't want to farm vials.

I agree. At least, I want a system like Nioh where you can farm elixirs but you also get a minimum when you respawn and if you find some collectibles in the world that minimum number increases.
Vials + Estus basically.

Oct 28, 2017
4K + perfect 60 FPS would be glorious, but don't change anything about the gameplay. I hate all the suggestions here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Look, if NOTHING else, I just want the able to respecc

There's nothing more frustrating than finding a cool looking weapon and not being able to use it.

....Well okay that's not true, the only thing worse than not being able to use a cool new weapon is investing upgrade mats into a weapon only to find out it's not good.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love them to just have a co-op mode similar to Ni-Oh, it's just a inconvenience in BB without item trading. My friend has no interest in playing it solo and I've played through it enough times to not really want to either.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I would be fine with removal of vials farming only if they reduced the maximum amount you can hold. I always thought 20 is way too much, especially when you already have rally mechanic.

Oct 2, 2018
its such an old game. I'd rather they focus on a sequel.

I wouldn't pay any money for a remaster. I'd spend money on a sequel.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Just make the current version run at 60 FPS , remove chromatic aberration and then you have the perfect game.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want a remaster, it only came out 5 years ago. I'd rather the focus and resources go into a full sequel instead.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Fix the frame pacing, bump the resolution to 4k, allow us to toggle off chromatic aberration and lock the game at 60fps. That would be more than enough, although I appreciate it would be a decent amount of work so I'd be willing to pay for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of 4k/60fps I'd just want them to remove vial/bullet farming. Make it like estus please. And this might be influenced by my current playthrough but I'd also appreciate a nerf to the Undead Giant's goddamn chains.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I was reading on Digital Foundry about how Xbox One games might get a boost from 30fps to 60fps with only a tiny change to code. Is any of that possible with PS4>PS5?

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
It would be neat with an update but I've already played the game to death with close to 180 hrs, platinum + all dlc trophies.

Have no real desire to play it like again that much. But still, would be neat especially to get more people into the series.

I want to see more of Elden Ring instead and other games from From Soft.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm in the minority, but I do not want that vial change.

Vials force you to eventually stop bashing your head against something and go take a break. I've had a number of bosses that I kept trying over and over and it was vials that forced me to leave and let my subconscious work on it. That is the purpose of the mechanic. To keep you playing through levels rather than just bash your head over and over.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Let me warp from lamp to lamp instead of going through Hunter's Dream every time. I mean, the PS5'll already speed up those load times no matter what, even without any upgrade to the original version, but that's still a whole extra load screen that isn't necessary.