• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to buy a new TV to replace my 2009 plasma TV that has burn in and isn't even 1080p. I probably won't until it dies, though.

This is me. I have a Pioneer and it's great but it's 720p, weighs about a thousand pounds, and makes an audible hum. I want an oled but can't justify it since this one works.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
I bought a Casper mattress.

0/10 bullshit. My back pain isn't GONE but it's noticeably not as bad. My previous mattress was way too soft, I just sunk in.

Ordered a Jarvis Standing Desk.

3/10 bullshit. I don't need it but working from home, I'm getting antsy just sitting, uncomfortable and wanted one for a long time now.

Frosthaven I'm backing on kickstarter.

10/10 bullshit, I haven't finished Gloomhaven yet.

42hzLFY.jpg

ive been thinkin about buying this bullshit..

its like $400 lol

See now this is 10/10 bullshit.

Buy a Herman Miller Aeron for about the same price here.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Very seriously considering buying a price-gouged Switch. Seeing everyone talk about Animal Crossing online has got me feeling FOMO something serious and it's exactly the kind of game I want to be playing right now.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
DT Swiss 54 teeth star Ratchet upgrade for my MTB hubs... my current one is "only" 36
9/10 bullshit i would assume

Bontrager-Rapid-Drive-star-ratchet-by-DT-Swiss02.jpg

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually pretty good about not buying bullshit. I barely get games day 1 anymore.

FF7 remake cost me $40 pre-order. I would consider that just 3/10 bullshit (I have a bad back log, BUT I would play FF7 before anything else anyways)

If you're buying that Apple iPad keyboard at launch for $350, that's 11/10 bullshit.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I bought...Fallout76. It was cheap on gmg but still I think I might have made the worst purchase in this thread.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
Already bought a robot vacuum cleaner - 7/10

So close to purchasing a 2020 MacBook Air despite having a iPad Pro and 2013 MacBook Pro - 10/10

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Some kind of new charcoal grill/smoker is my top priority, my old Weber kettle is pretty rickety now.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just bought a jigger
370-ji6.jpg

Because I'm tired of guessing on liquor measurements

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I technically don't need FF7 Remake but...... It's preordered!

I'm sitting here seriously considering if I should pre-order & pre-load a digital copy of the FFVII Remake so I can play it on release day instead of having to wait for the 14th of April to get my Deluxe Edition (that I only paid $50 for!) thanks to Amazon's delay.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
My desktop pc is mostly 6-7 year old hardware (newest piece is 970gtx) and my iPhone SE while fine (battery is less than 2 years old) is way too small.

They work fine but I'd really like to upgrade to a NZXT H1 pc with a 2080 and a giant screen iPhone 12 in the fall if our finances don't get corona nuked.

Since there's nothing wrong with them I'd say 5/10 on the BS meters lol 😂

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
New Toaster Oven, our old Hamilton beach's upper elements are burned out and we used that thing every other day. Can deal with using the regular oven for now

8/10 on the bullshit meter

BMW wagon

Ive been wanting to replace my beater jetta for awhile now but with the economy going to shit it doesnt make sense to think about this for a while

100/10 on the bullshit meter

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
This synth...

Complete 10/10 bullshit but I want to play with it.

Aside from that I got my other bullshit purchases done earlier in the year... Including a ~$1.5k camera+lens for several trips that were cancelled due to current events..

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I would like to buy physical comics for me to read.

I mean, I certainly don't need them, but a man gotta kill some time for reading and admiring scenery, yeah?

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda want an Apple pencil I don't need for my iPad Pro I got that I did not need.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You might want to wait for one of the AMD 4000 series laptops that are about to come out (or just came out?) as they have beastly performance. As far as GPU, I guess that's also really important if you want to focus on building the assets but I assume most game development curriculums focus on the software side of things. Either way, the best option on the CPU side seems to be AMD at the moment.

Yeah that's true. Plus this beastly motherfucker lookin of a thing just got announced so now I want that instead 🤣🤣 and that brings my bullshit rating to a 10/10

frnWc4DCwrtbsNpxJjXPai.jpg

Asus Zephyrus Duo

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

10/10 bullshit.

I had an Xbox One controller to use for my PC already and it's not like I play that many PC games anyway. But I started playing Final Fantasy games on Steam and then got into FF14 and the OG Xbox One controller has a horrible D-pad so....figured why not...

0/10 would buy again. it's fantastic but really unnecessary.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A 12TB external hard drive (that will be shucked) a PSU and SSD to build a media server with some other spare parts I had. Definitely don't need it and don't know what I'm doing but I have nothing else to do.

Survivortype

May 2, 2018
Van City
Been streaming pc games to friends and watching tons of streams. Now I'm thinking of buying a capture card so I can stream console games too.
Elgato capture cards are like 300-700$ CAD.

9/10 bullshit

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A nice airbrush for miniature painting 10/10 for how expensive this hobby is.

Last edited:

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Was thinking about getting a new pc since mine is almost a decade old, but i don't game in here so it's still up in the air if i want to spend €600/700 on a new machine

6/10 bullshit

Almost pulled the trigger on the buy 3 months of gamepass and get another 3 months, it's a good sale but i barely turn the console apart for some games or gamepass releases and i'm good until September

3/10 bullshit

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Carhartt work jeans.

The only reason I deem it as a BS purchase is because I have plenty of functioning work pants already. I would just like to slowly upgrade the quality of my work wear. They are $50.00 a pop.

5/10 BS

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
1) Been thinking about buying one of those X-Box One Elite controllers, probably 9/10 on the bullshit meter.

2) I'm always looking for a pair of Hershey Bears hockey pants (breezers) in good condition. Considering how I already have two pairs that fit me just fine and I'm not playing any hockey any time soon they are 10/10 on the bullshit meter.

3) I collect hockey jerseys so I'm always on the lookout 10/10.

I bought a new hockey stick, it's coming tomorrow. It's hard to find the specs I like in the length that I like, so I'm putting it 5/10 on the bullshit meter. I'm not playing anytime soon, but the ones I like are hard to get so I'm ok with it.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought two copies of Animal Crossing (for me and my daughter) which may be considered frivolous purchases. Otherwise nothing. I'm hanging onto money as much as I can, even more so than usual.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Short-term:

2TB SSD/m.2 - I have a 500GB SSD in my computer now and I'm interested in going the m.2 route. And since I'm getting a new drive, I may as well upgrade the capacity. At 2TB, I'd be good for a long time. (2/10 Bullshit)

32GB RAM - I have 16GB right now, but I want to upgrade to 32GB. Mostly for stuff like Photoshop and Illustrator. (4/10 Bullshit)

Mid-term:
RTX 30(70) GPU - I have a 1070 now, so I'm planning on upgrading this year for Cyberpunk and beyond. (6/10 Bullshit)

Long-term:
A house - It's just something I thought of today. I don't nearly have enough saved at the moment, but I'm hoping in 3-4 years I can put a down payment on a house. Nothing big, as it's just going to be me.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I really want Breathe of the Wild and Animal Crossing for my switch. together that'll be like $100

9/10 bullshit

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Xbone controller for my PC. Using a decade old Dual Shock 3 to emulate a 360 pad at the moment. It'd be nice to have a more native-functioning piece of hardware that doesn't rely on odd software workarounds.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer with a dough hook.

I make pizza at home once or twice a month and hand mix / knead the dough. It takes like a minute to mix the ingredients and like 5 mins to knead the dough by hand. Clean up is just washing a mixing bowl and a spoon.

I've been eyeing the stand mixer for "convenience." 8/10 bullshit.

Hi-res POE outdoor surveillance cameras connected to a dedicated NAS / surveillance-station.

I currently use Nest outdoor cams and a video door bell. The video quality is poor. Google has had a few service outages taking down the cams, with the most recent outage lasting an entire afternoon.

A friend has a slick surveillance setup with high quality turret cameras and variable focal length bullet cameras that can read license plates, capture faces, etc; stores weeks worth of footage on to a NAS and uploads a backup online; sends out motion alerts with person detection; everything is connected to a UPS.

I just need an alert when a delivery person leaves a package at my door and doesn't knock/ring when I'm home; current setup does its job adequately. I don't need high res footage of this or of potential porch thieves. 10/10.

New computer.

Current workstation is old but has zero performance issues.

Bought 32 GB of DDR4 desktop RAM for dirt cheap last year that sits unopened. "Hmmm. I should totally build a new PC" around it. 10/10 bullshit.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

10/10 bullshit.

I had an Xbox One controller to use for my PC already and it's not like I play that many PC games anyway. But I started playing Final Fantasy games on Steam and then got into FF14 and the OG Xbox One controller has a horrible D-pad so....figured why not...

0/10 would buy again. it's fantastic but really unnecessary.

I bought one about a month after launch and I love it. It made Doom Eternal, for instance, way more playable to me than I would've imagined. The back paddles got improved greatly over the Series 1 — they're way more stable in their magnetic slots and their new clickiness adds a noticeable amount of great tactile feedback. If I was playing Doom Eternal without paddles and having to constantly utilize the B button on the face for my dodging, I'd probably find the controls a bit unwieldy.

I don't currently have a gaming PC but I imagine use of the paddles could have some great benefits for FFXIV like you've said, too.

I have a hard time going back to other controllers now, and I admit the Elite Series 2 controller is a significant reason I'm feeling more invested in Xbox ecosystem as of late, but I say that from the perspective of a console-only gamer and not as someone who bought it to use on PC.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Spirited Away Collector's Edition - 8/10 BS

Ponyo Steelbook - 9/10 BS

Howl's Moving Castle Steelbook - 9/10 BS

Grave of the Fireflies Steelbook - 10/10 BS

Jan 31, 2018
Samsung 860 PRO 4TB SATA 2.5" Internal SSD. Only $1240 Canadian. (10/10 BS)

It's just so much space. Whatever happened to the price of hard drives crashing.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
4K at least computer screen and a new computer desk. I've had the desk for too long but everything costs a lot and/or I hate the design.

Also want to buy new shoes but I'm holding off until they really breakdown and become unwearable.