• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018

please read umineko, it's the best freaking visual novel of all time and you'll never forget it

Oct 27, 2017
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - I am the wind

It's cheesy af but damn it sounds good! After such an adventure...

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
This may be cheating, but...

Also, loved this from the first game to really get me into JRPGs after NES Dragon Warrior killed my soul.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A few of my favorites have already been posted, and I still haven't seen this one so

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017

can't believe this hasn't been said yet. Live and learn Era.

my real answer is any of the below from Persona 5, which atm play on a loop on a daily basis:

-Wake up, get up, get out there
-Whims of Fate
-Rivers in the Desert
-Last Surpise
-Life will change
-Beneath The Mask

I'd also add Takeover and Colours Flying High from P5 the Royal too.

shout out to off to sleep, which is always forgotten on these type of threads

to finish off, we can't forget the GOAT:

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Sakura Wars' main theme

Silent Hill Shattered Memories's Acceptance (but also the other vocal songs in SM are great)

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
2.8 mix of Simple and Clean.

One last You and Drifting Soul from XB2

Believe in Myself and City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2.

The first three are easy tear jerkers for me.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Jump Up, Super Star!" from Super Mario Odyssey, the greatest lyrical song in video games.

Don't @ me with none of that "Break Free" nonsense.

Get this Puyo Puyo instead.

Freeglader

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Melodies of Life is too good for this world. I played Final Fantasy IX for the first time as an adult, yet this song made me feel more nostalgic for childhood than anything I've ever experienced before. Melodies of Life is now my absolute favorite song with vocals. Answers from FF XIV is also a phenomenal song. I love how the story revelations at the end of Shadowbringers make the lyrics in Answers even more meaningful 7 years after the song was first released.

Last edited:

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Surprised no one has said "Heavens Divide" yet. Not as good as some others but still pretty awesome.

Feb 9, 2018
One-winged Angel will probably always be my favorite.

Some others that stand out for me:

"Stand by Me" by Florence + The Machine from FFXV. Such a great cover of a classic song.

"Open Your Heart" by Crush 40 from Sonic Adventure. It's so 90s it hurts... in a good way.

"M4 (Part II)" by Faunts from Mass Effect. Technically a licensed song, but I still count it since most people probably never heard of it until the game.