• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
1.jpg

The shooter that will ruin all other shooters for you. It has a steep learning curve compared to others but once you get the hang of it theres no going back.

Last edited:

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Breath of the Wild. It's the game from this decade that's left the biggest impact on me. I have a lot of memories with it.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Witcher 3 and World of Warcraft between late Wrath, Cataclysm into Mysts of Pandaria and coming back a bit for Legion. Those were the times that I got into raiding the most and Witcher 3 is easily my most played single player game, it's a monumental achievement, Liszt's La Campanella as it were.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
What I want is a voting for best game of last decade (the 00's), just to remove all bias that might come with recent releases.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Either Shovel Knight or Sonic Mania for me.

Shovel Knight is a game that just kept giving and giving well after the main campaign was done. I also just loved how it combined everything that was great about the best NES games into one game.

Sonic Mania is the game that I've been waiting for since 1994. Nothing else will compare to that first night I downloaded the game on my PS4 and experienced the culmination of everything I loved about Sonic back in the Genesis days. It's literally the greatest hits of the Genesis Sonic games, presented for today's audience. It knows exactly what it is and who it's for.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
1.Bloodborne - features my favorite set of bosses ever, one of my favorite soundtracks, all-time great art direction & combat, and is just oozing with lore & atmosphere in this Victorian hellscape steadily descending into cosmic madness. There's nothing like it. Everytime I play I appreciate it more.

Rest of the Top 11 in no order..

-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Dark Souls
-New Vegas
-Prey
-Witcher 3
-Skyrim
-Outer Wilds
-No Man's Sky
-Mass Effect 2
-Breath of The Wild

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
If I had to settle on one game I'd pick Dark Souls, I've never played a more satisfying game before

freshVeggie

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this decade was full of great games I played. MGS4 and Dark Souls especially left a mark on me.

But if I have to go with one title only, it has to be this.

header.jpg

I'm not into platformers usually, so getting Spelunky as a gift from a friend, I had little expectations.
Color me surprised that it sank its teeth into me like no other game before. I'm at 700hrs now and the only reason it's not higher is because I had to force myself stop playing it after over 100 Hell runs.
Insanely addictive, deceptively deep and so well balanced.
It deserves every praise it gets. Afterwards, I tried many other platformers but none captured my attention to even finish them once, let alone dethrone Spelunky.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Persona 5, but that's a boring answer because it just builds upon a fantastic foundation established by another one of my favorite games of all time.

My favorite game of the decade that was not a part of an existing series (and therefore wholly new, not a continuation of something I already know I enjoy) is Night in the Woods for sure.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
The games that immediately come to mind are The Last of Us, Dark Souls, BOTW and a bunch of other games you guys have mentioned but then I realize there is only one game that I could probably play forever without becoming completely tired of it.
This, definitely in my top 3 of all time. It's brought me 100s of hours of enjoyment and despite its flaws I can't see anything else replacing it as my go-to game.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's RDR2. But this past decade had a number of games that could take that title - Witcher 3, TLOU, Disco Elysium and others.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Clearly The Last of Us. Spend over 1000 hours in that game. 15 playthroughs and countless hours in the MP.
Close behind is Witcher 3.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
4 games entered my top 10 this decade.

Breath of the Wild
Just Shapes & Beats
Monster Hunter World

But no game really captured my complete attention and so fully engrossed me the way that Hollow Knight did. I personally think its a masterclass in game design. In terms of level, combat, mechanics, sound and visual, it speaks to me on every level. Its the only metroidvania game I've ever liked, after trying many. I just love the cute bug designs and hauntingly beautiful music and gorgeous scenery.

It somehow dethroned Psychonauts 2 as my most anticipated game with silksong. I love it

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Prey. The last few years have been truly fantastic when it comes to games and still i feel no hesitation naming Prey as my favorite one. I think that says a lot about how much of an impact this game had on me.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
As a massive Pokemon fan, I gotta say Pokemon Black and White. It took the series to a new height which was never reached before and will never be reached again it looks like.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Hollow Knight I think, maybe Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Mario Galaxy 2 and 3D World also come close. I also really liked Monster Boy. Then again, the Last Guardian is a goddamn masterpiece.

Hard to choose just one, but I think I'm sticking to Hollow Knight.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Diablo 3. No game comes close to the amount of hours I have put into this game.
Reaper of souls really saved the franchise because I wrote it off for dead after the the original release with the auction house debacle.

Neifirst

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles captivated me like no other RPG since Skies of Arcadia. Perfect cast and music and the HD remake can't get here soon enough!