• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What’s your work situation

• WFH

Votes: 518 54.2%
  • Back at work

Votes: 91 9.5%
  • Never left work

Votes: 175 18.3%
  • Have an option back at work

Votes: 14 1.5%
  • Have an option still WFH

Votes: 39 4.1%
  • Ping pong between both

Votes: 48 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 7.3%

• Total voters
Nov 7, 2017
I'm a nurse so I've been working as usual. Initially I was very anxious about working during a pandemic but thank god in SF the cases never surged as bad as other cities like NY. Our hospital did put a freeze on intra hospital transfers until 2021 so I'm stuck at bedside for at least another year (was planning on transitioning to an nursing educator role but that has since been postponed)

Professor Lich

Resettlement Advisor
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got back to work last week, lay offs hit a part of the company yesterday.

Not feeling good about the future.

Mar 21, 2018
WFH since mid-March and will likely do so for at least another few months. Maybe even until the end of the year. Hard to predict with things changing almost daily. Happy WFH and my girlfriend has been coming over a bit more to work from my place which is nice.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Not working from home, have to go into the office and work in 110+ degree heat every fucking day

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still working from home 100%. We had a plan to go back to the office 2 days a week starting July 5th. But the recent resurgence of cases has put another delay on that plan.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been working from home since March 16, it's a little harder sometimes to do my job, but for the most part we do just fine with everyone at home, and the VPN hasn't broken down in months at this point.

Was told we'd be going back in August at earliest, but more likely January

Oct 29, 2017
I'm stuck rotating back and forth every day, alternating with a coworker so we have fewer people in the office. WFH a day, at the office the next, back home the following, repeat. It sucks, I'd prefer to be full WFH, but even full time at the office would be better. Until a couple weeks ago I had been full WFH starting in April and it definitely proved to me there is no reason for me (or my coworker) to be in the office.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
WFH until at least September but probably 2021.

My last day in the office was like March 12 I think. That Thursday before everything really went to shit in the north east.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I've been back in the office since start of June. To be fair being in Japan and not a major city like Tokyo pretty much everything is as if the Rona never happened.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
WFH since March 17th with no reason to think I'm going back anytime soon. First it was May, then June, then August, now TBD. The yearly employee survey had a bunch of questions about WFH, and I know a good number of managers who say that not a whole lot has changed production wise, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a huge push anytime soon.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Working from home Wednesdays and Fridays and in the office Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Back in March and April Monday was a work from home day as well. Anytime more than three people are in the same room, we are to wear masks.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Never left work. Things are slower and we have a modified schedule, but it never stops. Freedom isn't free blah blah blah.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WFH, don't see going back to the office until late 2020 or early 2021. We're in it for the long haul. I've made peace with it.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Still working from home. Have not been given the option to come back yet because my spouse is a nurse so I'm considered higher risk.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unemployed since March. My work told me to look elsewhere.

I've been trying to get a head start looking now. But for my field I only found 2 job postings.

Honestly the outlook right now is very bleak.

Oct 29, 2017
My situation is weird. So I was working an Essential job, left for another essential job. Realized that job wasn't going to work out. Went back to the original company. Now waiting for my paperwork to clear. Which means I'm out of work for two weeks

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
WFH in LA at a company i recently started freelancing at which quickly turned into a 'permalance' situation. 2 weeks ago I had a 1 on 1 talk with the owner of the company who was talking to everyone about how they are planning to safely reopen the studio in the coming weeks. Now with Covid ticking up here in CA all of those plans are delayed for probably a while.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
WFH. They've said that they're going to re-evaluate in August but I earnestly don't think they'll open the office back up in full until 2021.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
WFH and just received word that we have to furlough 10 days during the next fiscal year. So random fridays. I am in higher education.

Oct 30, 2017
WFH.

We were going to start a beta program for people to volunteer to come to work under certain rules and see how it pans out, but due to the increase of cases recently, they stopped it. We also had a survey, and 80% prefer to work from home permanently, lol.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm currently working at a gas station pizza restaurant, but tomorrow is my last day (can't handle the stress of food due my PTSD from my time doing food service in the military).

I get to have very little interaction with customers, so that's good.

I'm going to be putting all of my focus on studying to pass the A+ exam since I won't be working.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Pastry chef/restaurant+hotel biz: furloughed until at least end of September (began mid-March), but let's be real, my job ain't coming back. The place was bleeding money for years, six months with zero income won't do it any favors.

Kodoku

Sep 20, 2019
WFH indefinitely until told by higher-ups otherwise, haven't heard any murmurings on when we go back yet.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Office is open for people that wanna go back at extremely limited capacity/with heavy restrictions, but I'm personally still gonna be working from home probably for at least the rest of this year at this point

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
I start working from home tomorrow.

they cut my hours for training and say it won't be permanent but we'll see.

I'm gonna take advantage of our free certifications and expand my skill set during this time.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Never stopped going to work. I'm a manager at a corporate restaurant, so we did the to-go's/delivery only thing during the lockdown and furloughed a huge portion of our staff and now we are open to 50% capacity and have most of our staff back.

I use a ton of precautions every day at work because fuck it's scary