• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jmsebastian

Nov 14, 2019
Character action Sailor Moon game was already mentioned, which would be my first choice. Seems like a such a slam dunk and there's a tradition of Sailor Moon beat 'em ups already, so it wouldn't be unexplored territory, exactly.

Second choice would be a Dark Souls/3D Castlevania style Vampire Hunter D game. The PlayStation game is actually quite good for what it is, but a modern take, with art direction inspired by Yoshitaka Amano's art would be really fantastic to see.

My third choice would be an Ant-Man action/puzzle game. And it would have to have actually controlling colonies of ants as part of the mechanics. The early Ant-Man comics are absolutely insane and that needs to be put in players' hands.

And my fourth choice would be either The Flash or 8 Man, something where you have a character that moves at incredible speed. There's an 8 Man arcade game, but it's really weird and not representative of the series really at all.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Mistborn. I can't believe it hasn't already happened. The setting is perfect for video games.

babyzelda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I like a lot of Chinese shows based on webnovels, and narratively, most of these shows would fit the video game format as naturally as any story could. They are often about characters who level up little by little until they are on the same level as gods. Battle Through the Heavens and Princess Agents both ended on ridiculous cliffhangers, and I just want to see where they might have gone.

Joy of Life has a terrible looking mobile game, I guess that's something you can get when you're a TenCent property, but if ever there was a franchise with potential to evolve into a prestige game series, it's that one. All the political intrigue and self-awareness and specialized martial arts, it would be the best game made by Bethesda or Platinum or anyone in between.

For western shows, I've always thought a Quantum Leap game could have endless potential. I see it as something like Miles Edgeworth: Investigations, but it's another that could go almost anywhere.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
All I want is Super Star Wars adaptations for the eight movies that never got one. And the two live action shows. And Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance, Bad Batch, and Visions.

And Ewoks/Droids.

I am a simple man.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
Stargate -Adventure RPG (travel to various of worlds unlocking the secrets of humanities past and find allies to safeguard its future)

Blade Runners-Action Adventure - Multiple Paths (A Replicant Messiah has come preaching equality and destabilizing society on and off world. Now more than ever Blade Runners are needed. But as you unlock the mysteries before you. On which side of the line will you fall?

Guyver-Action ( In this cell shaded hyper violent you must battle Zoanoids and Zoalords across Japan.)

Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warrior - Survival Horror (With a heavy emphasis on psychological and surrealism it will have you constantly wondering if you are awake or dreaming.)

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
The Expanse (MMO)RPG
So kinda like eve?

I'd love something like a gotg or firefly, in the style of like a freelancer, with the ability to go do procedurally generated content like in an x or elite style, but with also a handful of story missions with more characterization.

Or a Westworld game (that isn't originally marketed as a Westworld game) in like an amalgam of the semi-directed 'wide linear' gameplay of something like call of Juarez, but with pretentions of being the next spec ops the line.

It'd start off with you as a guest, playing it straight as a fairly normal cowboy game, but once you've gone in a bit and things start to feel a bit weird, it switches over to the second viewpoint as one of the hosts, following in the wreckage of the first characters gameplay

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
A sequel to Westwood's Blade Runner adventure game from 1997, but taking place in 2049.
BladeRunner_PC_Game_%28Front_Cover%29.jpg

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fate/Stay Night + Fate/Zero game developed by Arc System, essentially what DNF Duel is but with Fate characters

Oct 27, 2017
You know what, it's not as bad i thought it would be. It seemed like something I would have a blast to play back in the day.

Weirdest thing is probably that giant Renfield boss. Like, wtf 😂

Star Wars fighting game (yes I relapsed recently and have been watching soul calibur 4 footage again)

Time to fire up a PS1 emulator, you're in luck today. But yeah, a modern fighting game based on SW would have been cool.

youtu.be

PSX Longplay [274] Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi

http://www.longplays.orgPlayed by: SCHLAUCHINot really good.... -Disclaimer: Most videos by World of Longplays use SaveStates!

Last edited:

CaveGhostPurp

Jan 12, 2022
A Baki fighting game by the Tekken team

a Guyver game by I-don't-know-who, awhile back I would have said Platinum

and a good TMNT game based on the 2012 series. But really I just want them to port that Raw Thrills arcade game to console already, tbh

Last edited:

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Weirdest thing is probably that giant Renfield boss. Like, wtf 😂

Time to fire up a PS1 emulator, you're in luck today. But yeah, a modern fighting game based on SW would have been cool.

youtu.be

PSX Longplay [274] Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi

http://www.longplays.orgPlayed by: SCHLAUCHINot really good.... -Disclaimer: Most videos by World of Longplays use SaveStates!
Haha yeah, there's always that lol. However I distinctly remember the battle mode for star wars episode 3 revenge of the sith on ps2 being badass too

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Maxxx, originally a comics from Sam Kieth than an anim.

A next-gen Mass Effect with Harlock and Esmeraldas 😍

And a Peanuts by House House, the studio behind Untilited Goose Game.

Diesel%2Fproduct%2Fflour%2Fhome%2FEGS_HouseHouse_UntitledGooseGame_G1-2560x1440-0a8069c8fc947ec3e2addb673765ff9b0f1549ee.jpg

peanuts-feature.png

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Sailor Moon in the Persona format, with social links and all. It would suit that style perfectly with its mix of slice-of-life and monster of the week plots.

crow-variant

Nov 12, 2020
I want Captain America by... Insomniac, I guess. I don't know how you vary the combat, like with the gadgets in Spider-Man, but they'll have to deal with that in Wolverine too. I think a wrist-mounted recall system could be satisfying, like the Leviathan Axe in God of War.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
While Power Rangers Battle for the Grid is amazing; I'd love a PR game made by the Override team. 3D fighting game, with giant robots...but with Megazords/etc. Heck, they got Ultraman for the sequel.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I kinda want The Mandalorian game, delivered by a very motivated and energized Avalanche Studio with a good budget and production timeline.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Hellraiser survival horror game (Bokeh Game Studio)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (story-driven, not multiplayer)

Jason Voorhees and Candyman in Dead by Daylight

Pinhead in Mortal Kombat

Punisher
(Naughty Dog)

Marvel vs. DC (NetherRealm Studios)

Horror Icon fighting game (NetherRealm Studios)

Marvel fighting game (NetherRealm Studios)

Superman (Rocksteady)

Superman: The Telltale Series

Alien
survival horror game (Capcom)

More Star Wars single-player open world story-based games (I would love a Star Wars game like this)

Star Wars fighting game similar to Mortal Kombat and Injustice

Matrix
(Remedy Entertainment)

Judge Dredd

Last edited:

Subxero

Oct 25, 2017
United States
A G.I. Joe game done like Ghost Recon Breakpoint except it would be Cobra Island instead. Cobra Island would be terraformed so it could have many different biomes above and below ground/water. The player would get to create your own character who would be in their first field mission. The player would run into and do missions with the various main characters along the way. All the classic vehicles could be used. There could be in-game events that introduce new Allies and Villains.

callista

Jan 25, 2022
i want a good berserk game i can get in to more than anything. ive heard the musou game was okay but that style of gameplay just does absolutely nothing for me.
id also love to see insomniac try their hands at a daredevil game, think they could do a pretty good job at it

Jaymageck

Nov 18, 2017
Toronto
Inception.

Different team of dream invaders from the movie. Incepting other targets each with their "puzzle" of how to place the idea

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
I used to love Piers Anthony's Xanth series as a kid and wanted a video game RPG adaptation for the longest time.

Though I figure with all the puns I can just play an English localized DQ game to get my fill :P

Also I'd love a Heathcliff game, and GOOD Garfield/Peanuts games.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
The Phantom

... here me out...

[super quick mockups I did with a stolen imge someone else did on the internet via google]
3GeYMFf.png
nuQYpZj.png

Genre: Third person action rpg
Setting: Bangalla an island of the African coast
The pitch: The tutorial is played as Kit Walker the original with all the flair and badassness unlocked. When that is over you return from the storytime as: You're Kit Walker's grand grand grand kid, you can choose gender and look of your character, and you have to take up the mantle unexpectadly since your parent Phantom is killed by the newly invaded Pirates.
- Your hub is the Cave. Here you can upgrade your costume (change all the colors!) upgrade your twin pistols and shooting skills, train/upgrade Devil and Hero or just sit on your throne. The Throne is also where you save your game.
- Devil is your compass, he can track stuff so you know where to go all around the island (like GoTs winds), and Hero is your traversal vehicle. Devil and Hero also works as weapons if you choose those training techniques in the cave.
- Your two rings, the Skull and the Cross can be modified with diffrent Curses, like draw hp from enemies to you, stun for longer time, etc etc.
- The more Pirate Camps you clear the greater your Legend becomes and the greater the Pirates fear you, this will make lower level pirates eaiser to defeat (when the Legend is srong enough they will just run away or give up) but higher level pirates will want to defeat you to add to their own Legend stat. Pirates can defeat you and lvl up. You dont die but get rescued by the Islander Milita or by Devil and Hero. This way there is a continous timeline in the game which will make your Endgame depend on what pirates you have defeated or been beaten by.
- You can travel to the Mainland as disguised as Kit Walker (no matter what gender you are, the names Kit, got it?) and do Social Climbing missions to get more Resources for your cave or you want to give more resources to the Infrastructure of Bengalla to help the local Government stave of the Pirate attacks.
- Say the story is some sort of enviromental thingymajigg with Bengalla being harvested by some Megacorps that employs these Pirate gangs as a means, for like Lithium or alike. Something modern...

Comments? :)

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Well, you've convinced me, obin_gam.

For my personal wants:
  • A Telltale-styled adventure game set in the world of The Big Lebowski. That, or a smaller-scale GTA clone.
  • A retroactive Budokai series of games for Sailor Moon that released in the early 2000s.
  • Dynasty Warriors anything.
  • Lego anything (though please make TT Games less of a drag to work at). Given how large and esoteric these games' rosters can get, I'm itching for a general Disney crossover.
  • More console/PC licensed games for children's properties in general. It's a crime TT Games and THQ Nordic seem to be some of the only companies interested.
  • A traditional fighter for Black Clover. Given how many team fights there are, it doesn't have to be one-on-one.
  • Cheat answer: A Pokémon RPG chronicling the events of Ash's journey. You've got set captures but an actual party of humans to interact with.
  • A remake/sequel/reimagining of Mickey's Speedway USA that got as much polish and "free" post-launch DLC as Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled.
  • Hanna-Barbera vs. Capcom: Fracas of Funny Animals.
  • A Love Live! fighting game, by Arc System Works, I guess.
  • Injustice 3, featuring uncanny valley Sailor Moon as a guest fighter. Is the actress from the 2000s show known to be a bad person? If the answer is no, then toss some money her way to be the facial reference.

Only the Dutchies would know, but i want a serious grim a ''The Efteling'' game. The theme park is known for its more grim (les mystical)versions of the classic known and more unknown fairytales. Idk let me be a young adventurer that visits each fairytale in an 3d action adventure type of game and helps the characters.

One game with :
Flying Dutchman
Red riding hood
Rapunzel
Hensel and Gretel
George and the Dragon

and less known ones + Original creations
The emperors new clothes
The six servants
Donkey Lift your tail

Now move on and ignore this pipedream.
I would love to see more games based on fairy tales.

Last edited: