• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I can't find a good version of it anywhere online so maybe i'll hunt down my copy later but the last time that Namor was right about something in Illuminate leading up to World War Hulk. He goes off of everyone there about how shite they are being and is like "Bruce won't die, he never dies. And he'll come back here and he'll want to kill every single one of you and he won't be wrong." or something to that effect.

Was dope. The end of Ultimates 1 and 2 were both big "Holy. Fuck." moments as well.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
panel.jpg

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
8sBod1T.jpg

NDy6Vzj.jpg

While this is from Universe X, and not part of mineline 616, Cap's death in Universe X really always stuck with me.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I can't find a grab of it anywhere, and I'll sure I'll be the only one who mentions it- but Wolverine #75, the shot of Logan reaching out of the Blackbird to grab Jean after just having his adamantium ripped out. The whole near-death, speeding away from the light, and then forced back only to grab her just in time; burned into my 12-year-old brain indeed.

Saad

Oct 27, 2017
2.jpg

I have read it couple years ago, but this line always comes to mind every now and then

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I can't find a grab of it anywhere, and I'll sure I'll be the only one who mentions it- but Wolverine #75, the shot of Logan reaching out of the Blackbird to grab Jean after just having his adamantium ripped out. The whole near-death, speeding away from the light, and then forced back only to grab her just in time; burned into my 12-year-old brain indeed.
wolverine-jean.jpg

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Terrax's resurrection. I just always remember it ebcause Surfer has mom "If i have to leave work early" energy
tumblr_nrc8wx56Vk1rvm5qqo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nrc8wx56Vk1rvm5qqo2_540.jpg

SabinFigaro

Oct 27, 2017
IMG_5069_1200_2133_s.PNG

Fantastic Four is my favorite comic series, having first read some early issues around the age of 7 or 8.

I think it was largely overshadowed for a couple of decades, pushed aside for "cooler" and edgier characters.

Hickman has really elevated the First Family with some amazing stories. Franklin summoning Galactus and the ending with them watching the end of the universe was great stuff.

But it's really the end of Secret Wars that stays with me. Reed and Doom have one of the most compelling rivalries in fiction, and the build up to this moment was fantastic. I loved the way it played out and this image is just perfect.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
29.jpg

"... Sometimes, I just wonder."

It's just a nice ending monologue.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
For the life of me I can't remember if it was a DC or Marvel comic that did it. But I remember there was a comic where a fat white dude would scream something like "black power" and would turn into a black guy. Slayevn I feel like you know what I'm referring to so halp me please.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely love the panel where Dr. Doom cries about 9/11. Marvel is something else.

Dm3I6nGX4AAQW_r

Dec 30, 2020
359acd733665819a7c14a2fc04b799bc.jpg

Something about Spidey being willing to just sit and talk with a villain in this always stuck with me. No screaming at each other in the rain, just two people in silly clothes eating hot dogs on the roof.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you and yup it's as bad as I remember
I feel like there was also a version where he said the n-word as well. but this is already so cursed I don't even wanna try to find it lol
The page was supposed to, but it was nixed by editorial.

Character is a pastiche of a dumb idea DC had in the 60's/70's called Black Bomber, who was a racist dude who turned into a black superhero rather than Brian Bendis being affectionate toward black people with his newfound powers.

Don't know why Bendis was picked, but it's a solid critique.

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
From Duncan The Wonder Dog by Adam Hines. To be honest, the entire book has been living in my head since I read it 6 years ago.

YHc3MiJ.jpg

7F6F3Gc.jpg

eDnIjUJ.jpg

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That's it! Thank you.

That issue is problematic regarding the character, since it's where the bone claws are introduced, but I remember every bit of this like I just read it for the first time.
Same here. It's actually one of my favorite issues. I even remember the parts before that page and after.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Paige "Husk" Guthrie's doomed last stand while Colossus's watches helplessly...the look on her face plus Illyana's words juxtaposed with his actual actions...for me it felt like the most bleak moment in AOA.

XethvmZ.jpg

the chris

Dec 31, 2017
This panel from Ghost Rider Heaven's on Fire when Kid Blackheart is trying to lead an invading horde of demons into Heaven:
39uboHO.jpg

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Can you share the context of what is going on here?
Sure.

First it should be donated that Delicious in Dungeon is a comedic series, it still has a plot and drama and action but at its core it is a lighthearted series about a group of adventures exploring a dungeon and realizing they need to cook and eat the monsters they slay in order to do so, but for a long time it didn't have anything like this scene.

So, using some wiki help to do the heavy lifting, the elf is named Mithrun. Mithrun in the present is a completely hollow person, devoid of anything except the drive to kill demons.

Forty years prior to the start of the story, Mithrun joined and elvish group called the Canaries and as a result of this, a love passed him by. A mission brought Mithrun and his squad members to a port town to investigate what seemed to be a small, fairly harmless dungeon. In its depths, he came across a magic mirror that showed him a vision of his brother having a meal with the person he loved. Mad with rage, he smashed the mirror, and out from it appeared a small goat which offered him a life where he and his love were together as if he had not joined the Canaries. Mithrun desired this and accepted the goat's offer and in turn the goat became a genie like figure, giving Mithrun seemingly everything he wanted within the confines of the dungeon.

Initially, all was good and he lived a peaceful life with his friends and loved ones in a village in the dungeon. After a while, however, problems began to arise. As he tried to deal with these problems, the dungeon filled with more monsters and grew more complex, and the goat grew larger with each of his wishes. Eventually, Mithrun's friends disappeared, and he felt his vitality slowly slipping away. As he rested one night, the goat entered his chambers and started to devour him. Eventually he was found all alone in the decrepit dungeon with all of his feelings, wants, and desires eaten away. No hunger, no thirst, no lust, nothing...except hatred.