• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Hello Era,

Recently I spoke to a friend of mine who JUST purchased a Nintendo Switch, having spent the entire 8 years solely focused on the 3DS. And that got me to thinking, where the heck are some of these games going to be in the next few years? Will these classics be stuck on the 3DS forever!?!? Long story sort, I'd sure love to see some ports and sequels to these excellent titles!

Pushmo

2549396-ci-25508788830376002.jpg

Now truth be told, this was ported to the Wii U. But where the hell is Mallo and why is he not in Smash? This has to be one of the very best puzzle games of the past decade. Soft and cozy, yet requiring enough gray matter. Plus the music is incredible! Imagine all the cool stages we could be making!

Pocket Card Jockey
03GosQghU4Cd2yYhQLl0QXK-3.fit_scale.size_1028x578.v_1569478951.jpg

I have recommended this game to everyone. And no joke, every single time I get a "fuck you too, pal" chuckle. The name is...bad...real bad. But the game is so so so good! You're a man given a second chance at life as a horse jockey, but the spirit world lets you play solitaire to win races. It's every bit as weird as it sounds and I need it. I just fucking need it back in my life and on the Switch.

Fire Emblem (All of 'Em)
Fire_Emblem_Fates_special_edition_cover_art.jpg

I fucking loved Fire Emblem Fates, and I realize that's a controversial opinion. I know Three Houses has it's own charms but it just didn't scratch the itch I had for Fire Emblem. So what better way to rekindle the first (tee-hee) than port those excellent games onto the Nintendo Switch? Seriously, this would make my year.

Tomodachi Life

images

Let Nintendo be weird! This game right here is such a joy. Personally I filled my entire cast with celebrity actors and watched the chaos unfold. It was just so dang weird, I adored it. Where else are you going to have to write and preform a musical? Or dance around a giant virtual boy. Is it a game? Well, about as much as Animal Crossing is. So yes, yes it is. Please Nintendo, find a way to merge Miitomo and Tomodachi Life!

WHAT 3DS FRANCHISES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE SWITCH PORTS/SEQUELS?

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fantasy Life would be great.

(and the N64 Zelda ports Nintendo please)

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on more Kid Icarus Uprising goodness. Where is it Nintendo???

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Not from Nintendo, but we got Monster Hunter Generations and Yo-Kai Watch 1 (Japan only). there's more, but I can't remember atm

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
The biggest one for me would be Fantasy Life. It's probably my favorite game on the 3DS. I'm hoping we get a proper Fantasy Life 2 at some point, but i'm not holding my breath.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
The Mario and Weegi for sure, as long as they somehow sort out the resolution for Switch

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Wii U ports are easier to make, which is why there's so many. The Switch install base is also still smaller than the 3DS, so it doesn't make all that much sense from a business perspective.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Detective Pikachu 1, for whenever Detective Pikachu 2 is released. And if they're not planning on making a new WarioWare/Rhythm Heaven, those too.

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
Fantasy Life
Ever Oasis
All SMT
Lord of Magna
All Dragon Quests
LBX
Yokai Watch 2: Psycic Spectre
Culdcept
Persona Q+Q2

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Zelda Ocarina+Majora two pack would be pretty fantastic.

I think the reason they haven't is that 3DSs are still in a toin of homes and the games must still be selling well enough to make porting seem unnecessary to them.

Oct 27, 2017
Now that's Animal Crossing has been released, I think we'll see sequels to Tomodachi and Style Savvy.

I really hope Rhythm Heaven will return with a new installment.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
I'm probably the only one but I would love to see Codename STEAM return

Also Kid Icarus Uprising

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why. Yea there isn't a literal port button for wii u games, but they are mostly pretty damn easy to bring over. 3ds games would essentially have to be full on remasters. You can't just port over albw, samus returns, etc because of the engine, 3ds stuff, etc.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It is weird how nintendo does not consider the switch a portable ... no GB/GBC on switch online, no 3ds ports ...

you said yourself this was both nintendo why u do this to me ?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
OP, I'm torn between frowning at you for not including Kid Icarus, or praising you for including Pocket Card Jockey. :D

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Yess Video Games Are Dumb (are not dumb) and especially not Pushmo! My Nabbit avatar is a custom Pushmo from Pushmo World in fact. A cool cat at the old place made it several years ago. (BTW, Pushmo World was a sequel rather than a port.)

Would also love to see all the 3DS Zelda games on Switch.

jon bones if it's any consolation I expect a new Mario Golf is not far off.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
It's way easier to port WiiU games than 3DS ones, given the dual screen uses.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Most of what I'd want has already been mentioned but, just to expand on it: bring the hold 'mo series. Push, Crash, World, and Stretch. Those would all make a package worth $40 I think.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
Not a Nintendo property but I want all the Inazuma Eleven games on the DS and 3DS on the Switch... the only problem is that they rely on the touchscreen and can't be played without it.

That probably explains why there aren't as many DS/3DS ports to Switch - they need the unique controls of the DS/3DS console.

Edit: TWEWY is an example of how they tried to work around the above issue but it didn't really work out.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i want kid icarus to get ported
and a new pushmo game
and ace attorney 5 and 6
and picross 3d round 3
and samus returns
and DQ 7 and 8

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I assumed a Style Savvy and Pushmo sequel would have been announced last year.

The 3DS games don't need to be ported.

Kid icarus otoh needs to be ported.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I'd love to have a retooled Kid Icarus Uprising that doesn't need the touch screen. That game is a chore to play on the 3DS.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Don't give them ideas. When they have finished porting every single Wii U game, I have hope they might make new games, instead of plundering other platform's line ups.

Feb 21, 2018
I bought a 2DS used in 2016 just to play Pokémon X, Alpha Sapphire, and Moon. I've been wanting to play both Mario games, Kid Icarus, and Zelda but couldn't stand the small screen. Port every 3DS title!

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they would just make a DS/3DS player for the Switch. Could wrap around the bottom side of each version of the system, input video through USBC, have the guts of a 2DS or New 2DS inside, no screen since it uses Switch screen, have rails for the joy cons on the side and could support vertical or horizontal play.

They could shove the guts of a 2DS, add a USBC connector, and not need to include a screen or physical buttons, just joy con rails, and sell it at a huge profit probably at $59.99. Put a DS/3DS card slot in it and you're good. But they'll never do it.

Oct 28, 2019
Just two come to mind: Rune Factory 4 and that side-scrolling princess beat 'em up, both of which look like absolute ass on the Switch. No thanks.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish they would just make a DS/3DS player for the Switch. Could wrap around the bottom side of each version of the system, input video through USBC, have the guts of a 2DS or New 2DS inside, no screen since it uses Switch screen, have rails for the joy cons on the side and could support vertical or horizontal play.

They could shove the guts of a 2DS, add a USBC connector, and not need to include a screen or physical buttons, just joy con rails, and sell it at a huge profit probably at $59.99. Put a DS/3DS card slot in it and you're good. But they'll never do it.

GCy7oeq.jpg

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area

I know you've put a lot of thought into this, but this sounds like a tremendous amount of work compared to either:
a) adding a 2ds / 3ds emulator to Switch
b) buying a 2ds / 3ds for roughly the same price

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Kid Icarus, Samus Returns, Ever Oasis I see getting ported eventually.
If Nintendo are lazy of remaking them again, I think HD remasters of OOT3D and MM3D are givens.