• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
trashman.gif

Dude will kiss anything but an old guy inside a trash can will do.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Fairy Tale type stuff.
velvet-cornelius-odin-sphere.png
Yes! Someone posted Odin Sphere! These two have the sweetest love story. I think Cornelius has a line in this scene about how all he wants to do is bring joy to her life. That line really stuck with me for some reason, it's honestly something I think about when considering my actions in my own romantic relationship.

The other couple in Odin Sphere is really good as well. How she literally travels into hell to save him T_T

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Homophobia, Previously Banned for Dismissing Bigotry
I honestly believe Squareenix is going a little too far with that whole ffvii scene. I am not really a fan of that and I do know it was kinda present on ps1 version, but not this graphical.

Edit: before the sharks eat me, I am not homofobic at all, in fact some of my best friends are homosexual. Just in case.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Steins;Gates

Steins%3BGate.600.146886.jpg

have melt my scene the past months. It really make me a believer of this ship and root them very hard.

AI: The Somnium Files has a romantic scene (*) which I really like, too.

iF8pT1J.jpg

(*) Maybe debatable.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FFX. First time romance came alive through a video game for me. I will admit that replaying the game years later doesn't really sell the entire relationship angle between Tidus and Yuna, as I think the time from when they first become intimate to when the game ends is very short, especially when the illusion of how long the game is intended to appear to a first-time player is broken when you're replaying it for the nth time.

But I do think the tragic story of a would-be fallen summoner who the main character and all of your companions love is very touching, especially when your character manages to share some of the more heart-felt moments with Yuna.

That moment when Tidus is embraced by Yuna only to walk through her has me weep to this day.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I honestly believe Squareenix is going a little too far with that whole ffvii scene. I am not really a fan of that and I do know it was kinda present on ps1 version, but not this graphical.

Edit: before the sharks eat me, I am not homofobic at all, in fact some of my best friends are homosexual. Just in case.

I am entirely FOR lean-in square enix.

DWkv7d8VMAAbBDo.jpg

Whole game consummated in this one moment.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

It is the best one I have seen in a long time. Hunted by zombies a kiss in a cable car.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Why? It makes the crazy shippers happy, and Cloud still looks like he's uncomfortable. Square somehow managed to keep that whole bit without offending anyone it seems

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Surprisingly a lot of small romantic moments in Wolf:TNC.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I guess I'm fine with it as long as its handled well. The game is meant to expand upon the original anyway and the original version was so much more problematic than what we've seen of it so far. Worst case scenario would be cutting it all together which I honestly suspected they might for a while

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You know, the whole "I'm not homophobic, I have gay friends!" defense doesn't really stand when you're giving off homophobic vibes. Why exactly do you think this is going too far?

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
The entirety of I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin' Good Dating Simulator.

But honestly, the Yakuza 0 scene that was posted is very good (finished that game 4 days ago). Florence is also good

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, the whole "I'm not homophobic, I have gay friends!" defense doesn't really stand when you're giving off homophobic vibes. Why exactly do you think this is going too far?
I believe its going too far because this scene was never used for marketing purposes on the original ffvii game as far as I know, it was just there as some side weird japanesse stuff that most JRPG have to some extent (like the whole underaged/lolita female characters in bikini escenarios or side-quests that some JRPGs have) and the game not being very graphical at that time also helped, but now they are going the extra mile to extensively include it in a pre launch trailer and dedicating a lot of time to it, when this scene isn't what FFVII was known for, Cloud was never shown in this way before, I just think its off character and not necessary, there are other stuff they can add to the game that would add more to FFVII's story.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The most romantic gaming moment is from Red Dead Redemption 2, but it's from the epilogue and I don't wan to spoil it for those who haven't played through. There's nothing better in any game.

One of the final missions in Epilogue 2 when John takes Abigail out on a series of silly dates and then proposes to her in the boat. In the final scenes they formally get married. It's very heartwarming especially because you've seen this romantic journey 3rd hand from Arthur's perspective throughout the game, and then John really matures throughout the story enough to not make his son a bastard anymore.

wgxtmLQ.jpg

And then this mission ends with:

nvyaFUW.jpg

For those who played RDR1, you'll recognize that this is John staring up at the iconic tree that he's buried near, along with Abigail, with how that game ends. It's all sad in it's own way.

Last edited:

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Trails in the Sky SC: Estelle and Joshua Beach Scene

Ar Tonelico 2: Croix and Jacqli's True Ending (that fucking song)

Chrono Trigger: Crono and Marle at Death Mountain Peak

Infinite Undiscovery: Capel and Aya Moment. As much as the game sucked the sexual tension between these two woo boy.

Jomon

One Winged Slayer
Jun 16, 2019
Brazil
The beach scene in Trails in the Sky SC. I never thought that some game (or anything) would make me cheer for a couple with a brother-sister like relationship, but the evolution of that relation was on point.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the evolution of sheapard and liaras romance throughout the mass effect trilogy. And i like sheapard and mirandas a lot too. Miranda is a tragic figure, she basically spent her life being used by people, used by cerberus, by her father. It hits home in mass effect 3 if you break up with her the first time you meet her on the citadel. She starts crying and it makes you feel like such a dick. I just did that in me3 to pursue my relationship with liara from mass effect 1 and it made me feel like dirt irl. Miranda deserves better

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
To me it's probably Shepard's bromance date with Garrus on the citadel, when Shepard decided to miss the shot.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hmmm not sure it's a good idea for yourself to use the "I can't be homofobic, my best friends are homosexual" card

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Man I think all of the most memorable ones for me are Square games.

The endings to FFX and FF9. FF9 was like pure happiness, FFX definitely pulled at your heartstrings. When Marle and Crono reunite, though I that one doesn't hit as hard as FF9 and FFX. And Kairi and Sora in KH1 was pretty sweet but again not as great as the FF games.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Death Stranding had actually a good dose of emotional material and I found all the main characters (excluding the main villain) to have worthwhile stories.

As for most impactful romantic moments:
I was in my teens playing FF7 and FF8 so I was the perfect audience to receive it.