• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Checking in today at 166lbs, down from 167.

My weight hasn't budged over the last 2 weeks but I am pretty relaxed about it: I've seen changes with my thighs and even if I am butting up against my set weight for a while, it's a lot lower than it used to be. I've integrated the odd carb day here and there and while I am still doing OMAD, I will about once a week have 2 meals or fast the whole day depending on how I feel. I'm hoping that mixing it up a bit will stop my body getting too comfortable with one eating protocol.

I do cheat days to keep my metabolism from getting too comfortable. Like 30% extra calories on those days, but I stick to the plan I follow which is keto. I actually do not even count on the cheat meal so I am probably even higher than 30%. I think I am doing two days this week. It is meant to spike your leptin hormone which tells the brain you have spare fat to burn. Apparently carbs do it best. Second is fat.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Checking in today at 166lbs, down from 167.

I do cheat days to keep my metabolism from getting too comfortable. Like 30% extra calories on those days, but I stick to the plan I follow which is keto. I actually do not even count on the cheat meal so I am probably even higher than 30%. I think I am doing two days this week. It is meant to spike your leptin hormone which tells the brain you have spare fat to burn. Apparently carbs do it best. Second is fat.

Yeah I hope the theory pans out for me. I've been eating rice, beans, sweet potatoes, porridge and dates on those days before getting back on the keto train the day after.

Next month I will be able to go to the gym twice a week having been away for a couple of months and I will have those days be my carb days: I don't care what any Youtube influencer says, HIIT while in ketosis is torture!

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went shopping the other day and was stunned (in a good way) by the size pants and shirts I can fit into now.

I'm on track to reach my ultimate goal by February or a bit sooner :)

The work pays off, so if you're reading this thread stick with it! its worth it.

Oct 25, 2017
So I joined a gym over the weekend. I am following r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine. Swam for 20ish minutes afterwards. Felt great. About to break my fast too. Tomorrow is a rest day. I may do some cardio and mobility exercises. Oh and for once, I like the way I look in a swimsuit.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Update

Jul 29, 120.3kg
Aug 5, 118.6kg
Aug 12, 118.7kg
Aug 19, 119.1kg
Aug 26, 118.2kg
Sep 2, 119.4kg
Sep 9, 116.9kg
Sep 16, 115.8kg

Feb 23, 2018
HW: 77.3kg (1 June, back from a trip)
26 July: 73.9kg
3 August: 75.2kg
9 Aug: 74.1kg
15 Aug:75.1kg
22 Aug: 75kg
29 Aug: 73.8kg
5 Sept: 73.7kg
12 Sept: 74.1kg

Goal: 10% weight loss drop so 67kg. My actual milestone is 10% of HW, which is 69kg

Yikes at the numbers going up and down for me. Consistency is definitely really tough for me since i do have a tendency to have cravings and then binge. Had a 2 day good eating streak and here's to day 3

Sunbeam

Alt account
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
hell yeah i finally hit sub 200. legit nothing could bring me down from that happiness haha

x7xshadowx7x

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
California
Its about 2 months since the initial weigh in and I'm at 204, down 5lbs. I probably wont hit the 195 goal i had set for the end of this challenge, but i could get to 200. Im also feeling pretty good, been eating right, working out semi regularly. Also got my girlfriend to join me too which has been nice.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
WELP.

Since my last weigh-in here, I got a gym membership and starting weight training, rather than just strict calorie control and cardio/running. I've lost 2 inches off my waist, but....

Check-In: 227 lbs (09/18/2018)

My endomorph body type puts on muscle super easy, so I fear I may lose my numeric challenge. But like I said, I've lost 2 inches off my waistline, and I'm looking healthier than when I was just running... so it may be a case of lose-the-battle-but-win-the-war, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
WELP.

Since my last weigh-in here, I got a gym membership and starting weight training, rather than just strict calorie control and cardio/running. I've lost 2 inches off my waist, but....

Check-In: 227 lbs (09/18/2018)

My endomorph body type puts on muscle super easy, so I fear I may lose my numeric challenge. But like I said, I've lost 2 inches off my waistline, and I'm looking healthier than when I was just running... so it may be a case of lose-the-battle-but-win-the-war, lol.

Inches off your waist is indicative of fat loss, and way better than any generic weight loss number. You will likely have gained weight due to stength training than lose because the micro tears in muscle requires water to be repaired. By all appearances you are doing well!

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi Era, I missed the cutoff for this challenge but just wanted to share some progress on my end. Hopefully it will encourage someone to keep pushing forward!

I just finished a 6 week challenge at our local gym and dropped a little over 20 pounds! 23 pounds at the moment, from 194 to 170.8 (or something close to that). Was on a strict macro limit everyday and tried to go to the gym at least once a day. Whatever you all are working on, whether it be building muscle or limiting caloric intake, remember:

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Era, I missed the cutoff for this challenge but just wanted to share some progress on my end. Hopefully it will encourage someone to keep pushing forward!

I just finished a 6 week challenge at our local gym and dropped a little over 20 pounds! 23 pounds at the moment, from 194 to 170.8 (or something close to that). Was on a strict macro limit everyday and tried to go to the gym at least once a day. Whatever you all are working on, whether it be building muscle or limiting caloric intake, remember:

giphy.gif

20+ lbs in 6 weeks is insane. Great job.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20+ lbs in 6 weeks is insane. Great job.
Thank you! Now the next step is to continue losing weight/building muscle while also getting back to a more regular eating plan than what I did for 6 weeks.

Those 6 weeks consisted of basically protein powder, chicken breast, vegetables, canned tuna, and fruits. It's boring as crap but it (along with a food scale) helped me recognize how big my portion sizes normally are, which helped me decrease my tendency to over-eat.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

I've been measuring my progress for the past 60 days (started on my 39th birthday), and I've gone from 275 to 254. This has been entirely calorie counting and making sure I'm drinking lots of water (something I'd previously neglected.) It's been nice, because I still eat things I want, just less of them and far less of the time. It's mainly been about training my body that I don't need to eat as much as I was.

Need to start hitting the gym now, I think. I know that measuring daily is a fools errand, but it helps me see what works and what doesn't over the span of a few days. The past week, I've been hovering between 253-254, so I'm pretty sure I'm nearing my plateau without actually exercising.

Oct 25, 2017
Chia seeds gotta be a miracle food. I have been a bit constipated the last few weeks and had about 30g of the stuff last night and 3 tablespoons this morning (although I doubt the morning intake was a factor) and after drinking a good amount of water and a cup of coffee I had my best go in weeks. The key component in my diet I realized I was lacking was soluble fiber and chia seeds are super water absorptive. Plus it fits keto pretty well, high fat content and low net carbs.

Thank you! Now the next step is to continue losing weight/building muscle while also getting back to a more regular eating plan than what I did for 6 weeks.

Those 6 weeks consisted of basically protein powder, chicken breast, vegetables, canned tuna, and fruits. It's boring as crap but it (along with a food scale) helped me recognize how big my portion sizes normally are, which helped me decrease my tendency to over-eat.

Sounds close to mine, minus the fruits since I am on a keto plan (I could eat fruits but choose to eat more veggies instead) and plus healthy fats. And yeah weighing food and watching macros is a real good way to become a mindful eater. Be sure to add some healthy fats to your meal imo, like avocado, olive oil, etc.. Do not be afraid of healthy fats, like tuna has good fats but is quite low.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chia seeds gotta be a miracle food. I have been a bit constipated the last few weeks and had about 30g of the stuff last night and 3 tablespoons this morning (although I doubt the morning intake was a factor) and after drinking a good amount of water and a cup of coffee I had my best go in weeks. The key component in my diet I realized I was lacking was soluble fiber and chia seeds are super water absorptive. Plus it fits keto pretty well, high fat content and low net carbs.

Sounds close to mine, minus the fruits since I am on a keto plan (I could eat fruits but choose to eat more veggies instead) and plus healthy fats. And yeah weighing food and watching macros is a real good way to become a mindful eater. Be sure to add some healthy fats to your meal imo, like avocado, olive oil, etc.. Do not be afraid of healthy fats, like tuna has good fats but is quite low.
Chia seeds, man I never thought to try those out. That was my biggest problem with this diet; with the amount of protein I was taking in I was always constipated. I ended up making a porridge out of coconut flour and it helped get some of those systems flowing. It tasted disgusting but it worked.

And yeah, I had a certain amount of carbs, fat, and protein that I needed everyday
132 g carbs
57 g fat
152 g protein

I always met my fat and protein goals but I would barely eat carbs throughout this challenge. The occasional mango slices, cutie orange, or low-carb tortilla is all I would really go for when it came to carbs. Our gym had a nutritionist and I'd have to send my journal to her everyday and she'd always get on to me about getting more carbs in, but I'm not sure I would have lost as much weight as I did if I hadn't limited my carb intake.

Oct 25, 2017
Chia seeds, man I never thought to try those out. That was my biggest problem with this diet; with the amount of protein I was taking in I was always constipated. I ended up making a porridge out of coconut flour and it helped get some of those systems flowing. It tasted disgusting but it worked.

And yeah, I had a certain amount of carbs, fat, and protein that I needed everyday
132 g carbs
57 g fat
152 g protein

I always met my fat and protein goals but I would barely eat carbs throughout this challenge. The occasional mango slices, cutie orange, or low-carb tortilla is all I would really go for when it came to carbs. Our gym had a nutritionist and I'd have to send my journal to her everyday and she'd always get on to me about getting more carbs in, but I'm not sure I would have lost as much weight as I did if I hadn't limited my carb intake.

I tried increasing magnesium, eating more anti-inflammatory foods like fish oil, more fiber from broccoli and cauliflower, more unrefined salts, drink more water and all got minor results. I even added prebiotic foods like greek yogurt and sauerkraut. Soluble fiber is the one thing I think I needed. And I remember eating chia seeds on the regular a couple months ago and at the time I was going regularly and come to think of it, that is probably the time I had the best weight loss progress ever (at least most consistent). All those other things I tried doing are definitely important, especially magnesium, salt and water. But I think soluble fiber was what finally made things work well.

At one time I was eating like 2 tablespoons of flax seed a day. That helped too. I think I am going to get on this chia seed train again though.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried increasing magnesium, eating more anti-inflammatory foods like fish oil, more fiber from broccoli and cauliflower, more unrefined salts, drink more water and all got minor results. I even added prebiotic foods like greek yogurt and sauerkraut. Soluble fiber is the one thing I think I needed. And I remember eating chia seeds on the regular a couple months ago and at the time I was going regularly and come to think of it, that is probably the time I had the best weight loss progress ever (at least most consistent). All those other things I tried doing are definitely important, especially magnesium, salt and water. But I think soluble fiber was what finally made things work well.

At one time I was eating like 2 tablespoons of flax seed a day. That helped too. I think I am going to get on this chia seed train again though.
Tried all of those things as well throughout this challenge (except the magnesium) so it sounds like I need to give flax seed or chia seeds a try as well. Thanks for the info, I would have never looked into this stuff otherwise.

Hey all,

I've been measuring my progress for the past 60 days (started on my 39th birthday), and I've gone from 275 to 254. This has been entirely calorie counting and making sure I'm drinking lots of water (something I'd previously neglected.) It's been nice, because I still eat things I want, just less of them and far less of the time. It's mainly been about training my body that I don't need to eat as much as I was.

Need to start hitting the gym now, I think. I know that measuring daily is a fools errand, but it helps me see what works and what doesn't over the span of a few days. The past week, I've been hovering between 253-254, so I'm pretty sure I'm nearing my plateau without actually exercising.
21 pounds in 2 months is incredible, especially with just watching what you've been eating. Great job! Going to the gym is still difficult for me because I would much rather do literally anything else but I've seen some drastic changes in my body from simple weight machines and cardio, and I'd encourage you to start going consistently, even if it's for light cardio.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm not really signed up but here are my weights so far:

July 29: 205
August 9: 199.3
August 21: 197.6
August 26: 197.3
August 28: 196.3

So almost 9 pounds in a month. Definitely don't think I'll manage 9 pounds in September.

Big changes I made: 5 days a week of cardio for 30 minutes (3 days running, 2 days on a recumbent bike), stopped drinking any calories, and generally try to limit calories during the week to about 1850. Weekends I'm much more relaxed with the diet.

Goal weight for this 12 week challenge: I'd be happy with 185. Don't know if I'll manage. 180 is my stretch goal if things go better than expected.

September 19th - 191.5

Still truckin'. I'm thinkin I can definitely hit 185 by the end of this challenge but 180 is probably too aggressive. We will see

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
29th July 85.6kg
24th August 84kg
31st August 83.6kg
14th September 82.4kg

21st September 81.8kg

Today I have a chinese wedding banquet to attend, gonna absolutely stuff myself lol

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
2/8/2019: 226lbs
12/8/2019: 224lbs
20/8/2019: 222.8lbs
25/8/2019: 220.6lbs
22/9/2019: 226.2lbs

Had an awful month. The most difficult period of my life, but I wont go into details. Up 6 or so pounds but I can get back down. I did almost no exercise this month and ate like shit on a couple of occasions. Back to it now.

Sunbeam

Alt account
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
September 19th - 191.5

Still truckin'. I'm thinkin I can definitely hit 185 by the end of this challenge but 180 is probably too aggressive. We will see
This is the kind of progress I want to mirror, quite literally. About the same weight path as you. I finally got sub 200 earlier this month ahhhh so happy

You got this!!!

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of progress I want to mirror, quite literally. About the same weight path as you. I finally got sub 200 earlier this month ahhhh so happy

You got this!!!
Thanks! I took a peek at your posts in this thread. The fact that you've come from 250 down to sub 200 since December is amazing. You should be damn proud already.

Last edited:

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
I fucked up, and I'm feeling very frustrated today. Some weeks back I ended up binging on white rice due to my mom making it for every damn dish she makes, and like a fool, I ate too much of it. Gained a little over 3 pounds and went up to 193 lbs. After about a bit over a week, I managed to go down to 188 lbs. But for the past 3 weeks it seems, I cannot get out of the 188-193 lbs threshold. I feel like I'm just stuck bouncing inbetween this weight range, and I feel like shit. These large sweatpants I bought are tight on my fat fucking legs and I just feel as gross as ever.

I tried to do some research on carbs as someone suggested to me, since my understanding of "what makes us overweight" is small, and I at least now know to pretty much never eat white rice again (substituting it with couscous) and try cutting out more carbs. But that's rough, because I like to make a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast in the mornings, and I eat a serving of veggie straws every day (though they're pretty low carb).

I also believe water weight is a thing that can have your weight sticking to a certain point? But I really can't wrap my head around what water weight really is, either. I understand that eating too much sodium can be a problem for that, as it's essentially compacting the water in you, but then what? Just... eat very little sodium? It feels like I have to cut out so many things I eat, with no good alternatives that I would actually want to eat for so little gain.

It also really doesn't help that I'm so damn lazy, and the most I can ever manage to exercise is when my sister comes around to play tennis for an hour or two (because that's actually FUN). I've been trying to drag my ass out to go on walks (I need to try and actually jog some, but my stamina is horrible...), but I almost always end up not doing it. I've seen multiple people in this very thread claim that diet is the bulk of weight loss, but man... I'm clearly doing a severely shitty job of that.

Sorry, in an incredibly shitty mood over this whole thing...

Weighing in at 189.6 lbs.
Going to try and do way better with keeping up with this thread and weighing in more consistently. It could give me more positivity, which could help loads.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I fucked up, and I'm feeling very frustrated today. Some weeks back I ended up binging on white rice due to my mom making it for every damn dish she makes, and like a fool, I ate too much of it. Gained a little over 3 pounds and went up to 193 lbs. After about a bit over a week, I managed to go down to 188 lbs. But for the past 3 weeks it seems, I cannot get out of the 188-193 lbs threshold. I feel like I'm just stuck bouncing inbetween this weight range, and I feel like shit. These large sweatpants I bought are tight on my fat fucking legs and I just feel as gross as ever.

I tried to do some research on carbs as someone suggested to me, since my understanding of "what makes us overweight" is small, and I at least now know to pretty much never eat white rice again (substituting it with couscous) and try cutting out more carbs. But that's rough, because I like to make a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast in the mornings, and I eat a serving of veggie straws every day (though they're pretty low carb).

I also believe water weight is a thing that can have your weight sticking to a certain point? But I really can't wrap my head around what water weight really is, either. I understand that eating too much sodium can be a problem for that, as it's essentially compacting the water in you, but then what? Just... eat very little sodium? It feels like I have to cut out so many things I eat, with no good alternatives that I would actually want to eat for so little gain.

It also really doesn't help that I'm so damn lazy, and the most I can ever manage to exercise is when my sister comes around to play tennis for an hour or two (because that's actually FUN). I've been trying to drag my ass out to go on walks (I need to try and actually jog some, but my stamina is horrible...), but I almost always end up not doing it. I've seen multiple people in this very thread claim that diet is the bulk of weight loss, but man... I'm clearly doing a severely shitty job of that.

Going to try and do way better with keeping up with this thread and weighing in more consistently. It could give me more positivity, which could help loads.

You should think of your body as a very thick sponge that expands and contracts as the day goes by.

When you eat carbs, you will bloat. When you retain water, you will bloat. Keeping this in mind, try and only weight yourself during the mornings when you haven't eaten, so that your weight loss tracking is consistent.

If you can, consider just eating bacon/eggs without the bread (there are keto alternatives, too depending on which places you have nearby).

And with rice, consider maybe changing from normal rice to cauliflower rice.

Overall, try and not get discouraged by the situation. Sometimes our bodies just get stuck on a weight and it requires that we shake it up a bit—either through exercise or being slightly more consistent with our diets.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

Are you keeping track of how much you're eating? I saw in your earlier post you were gonna use MyFitnessPal, did you stick with it? It's a pain in the ass to track everything, especially if you have a varied diet, but it was the key for me. Switching to healthier options is always good, but are you definitely eating fewer calories than you use?

I'm incredibly lazy and don't exercise much at all, certainly not enough to have a significant impact on my weight. Some days I just eat absolutely crap sugary food. But I know how much fuel I take in, and I know how much I use, and I make sure the former is lower than the latter every single day.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Not registered for this challenge, but in early August I finally decided to move to a healthier lifestyle, with a goal in mind to get to a healthy normal weight. I'm 5'6 and reached my highest weight ever (I think?) this year at 180 lbs. I wasn't happy with that at all, and decided to stop being complacent. I didn't start a specific diet, I just started calorie counting, eating out a LOT less, and meal prepping. I also continued to only have 2 meals a day, but made sure to portion control. I also joined a gym and do cardio there twice a week, on top of taking daily walks making sure I at least get 6000 to 15,000 steps a day. So far, since August 12, I've lost 23 pounds! Weighed in at 157 this morning. It feels really good, and I'm pretty proud of what I've achieved. I'll continue this at the same pace until I reach around 145 lbs, then will gradually increase calories to get to my maintenance level, but I'll keep the healthier habits of getting regular exercise, and eating more homecooked meals that are healthier. I highly, highly recommend this to anyone. Only having started last month, I feel so much better already.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
You should think of your body as a very thick sponge that expands and contracts as the day goes by.

When you eat carbs, you will bloat. When you retain water, you will bloat. Keeping this in mind, try and only weight yourself during the mornings when you haven't eaten, so that your weight loss tracking is consistent.

If you can, consider just eating bacon/eggs without the bread (there are keto alternatives, too depending on which places you have nearby).

And with rice, consider maybe changing from normal rice to cauliflower rice.

Overall, try and not get discouraged by the situation. Sometimes our bodies just get stuck on a weight and it requires that we shake it up a bit—either through exercise or being slightly more consistent with our diets.

I think I can manage that... Don't think I'd be missing too much buy cutting out that bread.
And ooo, cauliflower rice sounds lovely. I'll go and buy some as soon as I can and sub out the couscous (since tbh it doesn't seem like it's THAT many more carbs less than white rice...??)

I clearly do need more of a shakeup on what I'm doing, since this fucker of a body really wants to stay 189-193 lbs.

Are you keeping track of how much you're eating? I saw in your earlier post you were gonna use MyFitnessPal, did you stick with it? It's a pain in the ass to track everything, especially if you have a varied diet, but it was the key for me. Switching to healthier options is always good, but are you definitely eating fewer calories than you use?

I'm incredibly lazy and don't exercise much at all, certainly not enough to have a significant impact on my weight. Some days I just eat absolutely crap sugary food. But I know how much fuel I take in, and I know how much I use, and I make sure the former is lower than the latter every single day.

I have been absolute garbage at tracking everything. I fell off MyFitnessPal almost immediately after installing it once I realized that tracking EVERYTHING meant trying to understand exactly what is in some of the African dishes I eat for dinner... lol. I think I need to have more of a consistent diet to be able to start tracking things, it's kind of really hard to with how spontaneous I eat when I don't have enough to get me through the day (I need to shop for stuff but I'm broke right now). In these cases, I just try to avoid "too much of anything bad", which usually means barely eating anything inbetween breakfast and dinner.

And that's encouraging to know. You sound like me then, in that regard, lmao. I need to understand more of what I'm eating to be able to track everything. I guess I just have to eat more of the fish I make myself for dinner and not whatever my mom makes. I need more dinner ideas....

Thanks for all the suggestions too, folks.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I've eaten perfectly healthy now for two solid months. Not even a single cheat meal. I've also been going to gym every day but Sunday. This weekend, I'm going to a party where I will probably pig out, but I'm down a few inches in my waist, so I feel like it's time for a celebration!

I'm also angry I didn't take a before pic. >:(

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I have been absolute garbage at tracking everything. I fell off MyFitnessPal almost immediately after installing it once I realized that tracking EVERYTHING meant trying to understand exactly what is in some of the African dishes I eat for dinner... lol. I think I need to have more of a consistent diet to be able to start tracking things, it's kind of really hard to with how spontaneous I eat when I don't have enough to get me through the day (I need to shop for stuff but I'm broke right now). In these cases, I just try to avoid "too much of anything bad", which usually means barely eating anything inbetween breakfast and dinner.

And that's encouraging to know. You sound like me then, in that regard, lmao. I need to understand more of what I'm eating to be able to track everything. I guess I just have to eat more of the fish I make myself for dinner and not whatever my mom makes. I need more dinner ideas....
If it's only dinner you're finding hard to track, just do what I do when someone cooks for me. Call it 1000 calories. If your daily goal is, say, 2000, then you have 1000 for dinner (no matter what dinner actually is), and 1000 for the rest of the day that you will track.

And even if you can't track most things, the stuff you do track will open your eyes. When you have (say) a 2000 calorie budget, and that one nice snack you had was 500, you think more carefully about having that snack next time.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
If it's only dinner you're finding hard to track, just do what I do when someone cooks for me. Call it 1000 calories. If your daily goal is, say, 2000, then you have 1000 for dinner (no matter what dinner actually is), and 1000 for the rest of the day that you will track.

And even if you can't track most things, the stuff you do track will open your eyes. When you have (say) a 2000 calorie budget, and that one nice snack you had was 500, you think more carefully about having that snack next time.

Huuuh. That's a good idea! I'll try that out when I can start fresh on tracking tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
I am still 166, but have been bouncing between 166-170 all week... actually most of this month. Not surprised cause of the exercise routine I am following causes water retention.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Away from home for a family reunion for 4 days, and continuing to eat well is pretty much out the window again. Sigh.

Just going to try and watch my serving sizes and not overdo anything...

Will weigh in when I return home. Hope I don't gain too much, lol.

Oct 30, 2017
Ate so much this weekend for a family wedding. I feel bloated, but it was wonderful--including a cheesecake with bacon toppings. Some folks hadn't seen me since 25 lbs ago, so I got some positive comments.

Back on the horse today. Doing "sober" October with some co-workers, but because I don't drink, I have to cut out sweets for a month, which will suck. Even on my one meal a day diet, I still have candy almost daily with my one meal.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's time to start hitting the gym. Fasting alone has got me pretty far (down almost 50 lbs since I started) but it is much slower now. Gonna have to meal prep again.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Update

Jul 29, 120.3kg
Aug 5, 118.6kg
Aug 12, 118.7kg
Aug 19, 119.1kg
Aug 26, 118.2kg
Sep 2, 119.4kg
Sep 9, 116.9kg
Sep 16, 115.8kg
Sep 30, 118.9kg

Had a bad 2 weeks there, ugh.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
I survived foodocalypse??
Weighed in at 189.0 this morning, and I'm glad for it. Definitely don't think I ate as badly as I thought I would, and ate very little after breakfast yesterday (not my decision, was traveling and not trying to spend more money, ugh).

Planned out what I'll eat for breakfast and dinner, with MFP giving me a 1,530 or so limit in calories. At this point, I don't think my dinner would be around 1,000 in calories with the cauliflower rice I'll be using (weird consistency, but I don't hate it). Just going to try and keep things light and throw in tea wherever I can to fight hunger pangs.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I haven't updated in a while but I was at 234 today. I've been incredibly lazy and now to pick up the pace for Oct.

Last edited:

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
September 19th - 191.5

188.7 today after a really bad week last week. My entire family got sick and I ate like garbage for a few days and I also had to stop running due to some shin splint issues. I expect to get back to running probably tomorrow. I'm not feeling too bad about my progress given the crazy last week I had.

July 29: 205
August 9: 199.3
August 21: 197.6
August 26: 197.3
August 28: 196.3
Sept 19 - 191.5
Oct 3 - 188.7

Last edited:

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I don't have a lot of people in my life to tell, and I don't really want to hop in this thread long-term, but I wanted to share that I'm down from 335 lbs to 295 since March with intermittent fasting and walking around the park near my house. I haven't been under 300 lbs in over 8 years so this feels really important for me and I just needed a little "go me" moment somewhere.