• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great, I cant get past the game's start screen after updating on xbox.

Is there any way to delete the update ?

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
Torn with choices in Aspen:
So I finally fought my way to Vic (what an awesome location/quest), while storming through Breathers I made my mind to kill their leader, but now game offers me a choice to recruit him. And I'm contemplating, because I think maybe having him in my team will give me an upper hand on Patriarch, but I afraid everyone will just hate me for having Vic by my side. Also he is treacherous madman and unstable toxicomaniac, so I'm cautious about being stabbed in the back at some point. Eh, it's too hard.

Dealing with all the hostage situations may be my favorite moments in the game, so far. And brewing laxatives for that poor sport was hilarious.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
watching a bunch of lets play i'm surprised how little people picked
the hoon homestead over the arapaho caravan

like 1 out of 10. bunch of greedy bastards thinking more on that "power armour" (which you dont even get) than the safety of people

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

like 1 out of 10. bunch of greedy bastards thinking more on that "power armour" (which you dont even get) than the safety of people
My moral strings were tugged quite hard, easily leading me to the Homestead lol

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

I did that (1 out of 10). Wasn't a hard decision either.

Rods

May 1, 2020

I picked hoon homestead, i'm surprised it's not the other way around.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

I didnt pick it cuz I thought it couldve been fake lol

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yeesh.

Even if you're NOT up for saving innocents, for whatever reason, they clearly say the armor is for another faction. Like hell I was going to let the already existing arm of authority have even better gear. Felt like there was already a list of reasons a mile long to help the Hoons instead by the time you first step into town and smell something's up. Literally the only reason to help 'em is for the Arapaho Caravan's sake, but the potential loss of life from one attack vs. someone threatening to continue violence over time makes even that a clear cut choice.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017

I was thinking more along the lines that it would suck to have the items fall into the hands of an enemy faction.
If you do pick saving the caravan angie brings up your letting the Hoons die later to try and guilt you into going along with her plan, so maybe letting the Scar Collectors get the armor does make them more powerful down the line.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

I picked the same thing on my playthrough because I was trying to just do the "Patriarch path", but on another game I picked the other, and it
gives the better rewards overall, on top of an exclusive mod you can't find anywhere else. Mainly because if you don't choose the Hoon's, you are prevented from entering the bunker, unlike with the caravan, which you still have full access to even if you don't rescue them.

If you like this, is DOS2 worth a look?

Not sure they are all that comparable aside from being turn-based and using action points. Divinity is many, many leagues above this game in most ways (although I loved the humor in this game), but especially optimization. Wasteland 3 runs like absolute shit half of the time on my two higher end PCs, and it's likely just an issue with Unity.

edit: Wasteland 3 is a contender for my GOTY, but solely for the content. If I was to factor in the performance, bugs and extreme loading times, it would be at the bottom of the list. The game just feels like a beta, or early access at best and not a release candidate in its current form. Divinity on the other hand was easily tied for my GOTY in 2017.

Last edited:

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, they weren't paying attention. They made it clear that armor was for the Marshals. And this wasn't a hard decision to make because fuck Saul.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Pretty Early game spoiler (The Bizarre)

Can anyone tell me:

How do I get the key to the door where the refugees are locked up? I killed all the smugglers and I think I looted everything in the area, but the door says I need level 7 lock pick skill...but there must be a key somewhere, right?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty Early game spoiler (The Bizarre)

Can anyone tell me:

How do I get the key to the door where the refugees are locked up? I killed all the smugglers and I think I looted everything in the area, but the door says I need level 7 lock pick skill...but there must be a key somewhere, right?

Been awhile, but I think you may have missed the key. It should be on that map.

Also, you should have lvl 7 lockpick by this point. Unless you don't open safes, in which case you are a monster.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Been awhile, but I think you may have missed the key. It should be on that map.

Also, you should have lvl 7 lockpick by this point. Unless you don't open safes, in which case you are a monster.

Which map?
My highest lockpick character is level 6? And t's a level 5 mission so it seems unreasonable to expect characters to have level 7 skills.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't get very far on my save file before getting massively distracted, so I figured I might restart the game now that some patches are out.

Are there any good guides on how to create a party that covers most, if not all, skills in good way that complement each other? I'm curious on how to min-max from the get-go and also consider the predefined party members (with VA and stories) joining you. I'd like to have a party that can do pretty much everything in a good way.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Enjoying the game a lot. Much more than the few last medieval fantasy-themed RPGs I played recently. Great dialogues.

That said, I experienced too many crashes. A few days ago I spent some 45 minutes battling a Scorpitron and achieved a phyrric victory. The thing decimated half my squad and I needed to use a lot of items. When returning to HQ, and before I got to save, the game crashed. Ultimately, this led me to concentrate on improving my armor and searching for stronger weapons, since I had been relying mostly on skills but didn´t focus on getting the best gear for each class. This eventually allowed me to steamroll the next two big fights:

(Little Hell and Santa´s workhsop).

Very satisfying title, all in all.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Which map?
My highest lockpick character is level 6? And t's a level 5 mission so it seems unreasonable to expect characters to have level 7 skills.

been a while since i did it but didnt one of the smugglers have the key for it? maybe he died too far away from the rest of them and his loot didnt appear with the rest of the others loot

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
been a while since i did it but didnt one of the smugglers have the key for it? maybe he died too far away from the rest of them and his loot didnt appear with the rest of the others loot

I'll check again when I get home tonight. I just rage quit last night after that long ass fight and not being able to complete the mission, but maybe I wasn't as thorough as I could have been in searching all the bodies.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Both use turn based combat, Wasteland 3 has better characters, writing and world building IMO. Divinity Original Sin 2 is better in every other department.

I would give WL3 itemization too - DOS2 starts breaking down really fast on that front after the solid start, unfortunately. Otherwise I mostly agree. WL3 has fun combat, hilarious quests and characters and amazing writing. DOS2 has ridiculous freedom and encourages all kinds of out-of-the-box thinking to the extent I've probably never seen any other game do.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get very far on my save file before getting massively distracted, so I figured I might restart the game now that some patches are out.

Are there any good guides on how to create a party that covers most, if not all, skills in good way that complement each other? I'm curious on how to min-max from the get-go and also consider the predefined party members (with VA and stories) joining you. I'd like to have a party that can do pretty much everything in a good way.

My group was a pretty much do everything aside from Animal Whisperer, but that was more because I didn't want it on Lucia, and instead wanted to raise up her Survival just to see what happens when you unlock the second perk in that tree (hint: it's the most useless perk in the game if you actually explore anyway).

Leader: Leadership, Hard Ass, Small Arms

Sniper1: Sniper Rifles, Explosives, Sneaky Shit

Sniper 2: Sniper Rifles, Lockpicking (focused on this while the rifle was secondary) First Aid and later Weird Science for extra energy damage and three into Mechanics for the first perk and to drop turrets.

Nerd Scientist: Mechanics and Nerd Stuff primarily with five into Weird Science, took Automatic Weapons up to Spray and Pray and left it there for a bit while raising up the other skills. In the end, he was the third best damage dealer with crazy movement, free attacks and a great range on modded SMGs.

Kwon: Automatic Weapons and Big Guns since Assault Rifles are trash aside from piercing armor, and Big Guns deal with groups better. If I had to build him again, I would just keep him with Automatic Weapons and use SMGs while maybe raising his Kiss Ass a little higher (even though you still get more experience/loot from the violent options).

Lucia: Had her raise Weapon Modding until rank 5 to get the second perk, kept her with Small Arms and also slowly raised both Survival and Barter (mainly to buy things cheaper whenever I would come across a random shop, or because I did not want to travel all the way back to Ranger HQ for a mule. For selling stuff though, I almost always used a mule that had the second perk in the tree. The next time I use her, I won't bother with Survival, and make her the medic instead. Her stats are pretty much trash early on, so she's kind of useless for many levels, but can be used to toss smoke grenades or run around reviving or healing for a while. This would let me take Animal Whisperer on Sniper 2.

Also:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
My group was a pretty much do everything aside from Animal Whisperer, but that was more because I didn't want it on Lucia, and instead wanted to raise up her Survival just to see what happens when you unlock the second perk in that tree (hint: it's the most useless perk in the game if you actually explore anyway).

Sniper 2: Sniper Rifles, Lockpicking (focused on this while the rifle was secondary) First Aid and later Weird Science for extra energy damage and three into Mechanics for the first perk and to drop turrets
Nerd Scientist: Mechanics and Nerd Stuff primarily with five into Weird Science, took Automatic Weapons up to Spray and Pray and left it there for a bit while raising up the other skills. In the end, he was the third best damage dealer with crazy movement, free attacks and a great range on modded SMGs.
Kwon: Automatic Weapons and Big Guns since Assault Rifles are trash aside from piercing armor, and Big Guns deal with groups better. If I had to build him again, I would just keep him with Automatic Weapons and use SMGs while maybe raising his Kiss Ass a little higher (even though you still get more experience/loot from the violent options)
Lucia: Had her raise Weapon Modding until rank 5 to get the second perk, kept her with Small Arms and also slowly raised both Survival and Barter (mainly to buy things cheaper whenever I would come across a random shop, or because I did not want to travel all the way back to Ranger HQ for a mule. For selling stuff though, I almost always used a mule that had the second perk in the tree. The next time I use her, I won't bother with Survival, and make her the medic instead. Her stats are pretty much trash early on, so she's kind of useless for many levels, but can be used to toss smoke grenades or run around reviving or healing for a while. This would let me take Animal Whisperer on Sniper 2.

Also:

Awesome reply, much love <3

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Are there still lots of game breaking bugs/progression problems? Want to play co-op but want to make sure the experience is good as far as bugs/progression bugs in particular.

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
Maybe you are too early? you did everything correct as far as i know.
You are limited to 1 animal companion per character, the exception being pets that you get through dialogue, like chickens, tom and the Bizon.
So are they scripted to transform just as fight with Scar Collectors begins (attack on Rangers HQ)? It was pretty epic, but companion itself seemed not so cool (it's damaged mostly, visually it is nice).

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
the characters are the games biggest problem after the loading times honestly.
taking characters with you feels like a punishment, which is why they made it a rule that you have to take two of them with you.
which I think is sill and could have easily been avoided/solved by simply letting you pick all the skills they have. if they have a character defining skill let them have one, but don't waste points in three skills. they also almost never have actually useful skills but 2 weapon skills instead, fuck that. I need people who know mechanics, lockpicking, hard ass, smart ass, explosives, nerd stuff and sneaky shit. don't give me someone with small arms and melee, what the fuck?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
70 hours in. Still a long way to go.

One of my favorite games in a long time.

1. I let Billie and Jean go somewhere and now I can't remember where I put them. After a while my animal companions should just show up at Ranger HQ on their own.

2. The loading times are so bad it almost takes the game from a 10/10 to a 9/10

3. Pumping skill points into Bartering until you get the Antiques perk is a definite cheese move.

4. What is Sneaking worth? How to use if effectively? Seems like one of the most useless skills.

5. RIP Major Tom and Polly. You dumb motherfuckers just had to charge straight at the enemy, huh?

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
the characters are the games biggest problem after the loading times honestly.
taking characters with you feels like a punishment, which is why they made it a rule that you have to take two of them with you.
which I think is sill and could have easily been avoided/solved by simply letting you pick all the skills they have. if they have a character defining skill let them have one, but don't waste points in three skills. they also almost never have actually useful skills but 2 weapon skills instead, fuck that. I need people who know mechanics, lockpicking, hard ass, smart ass, explosives, nerd stuff and sneaky shit. don't give me someone with small arms and melee, what the fuck?
Would be nice if they gave them some unique skills/traits/random events. They usually have unique weapons, but it's trash. Though I like that Kwon and Wesson have lots of reaction dialogues here and there.
How you checked your playtime? Steam?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Which map?

I don't think the loot skill checks for items are tied to level since opening safes, disabling explosives, etc aren't necessary. But they do stay close to the difficulty level.

You can create skill mules for Barter, Weapon and Armor modding. Essentially dump characters that you just pull out in RangerHQ to perform those roles. So there is no real reason to waste points.

Lockpicking is so far the highest level demanded skill I have seen, but again it's just loot. Not really game related. Unless you don't mind leaving locked stuff behind.

Outside of combat skills: Nerd Skill, Mechanics, Weird Science, Explosives, Kiss/Hard Ass have been useful. Sneaky Shit has some, but not much utility.

My two companions are Marshall Kwon and Pistol Lady. Forgot her name.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How is this on PS4 at the moment? I haven't had the chance to play in the last week so i'm hoping the last update has fixed some of the issues, especially in co-op.

Oct 30, 2017

I actually failed the mission because I waited too long lol. Everyone mad at me.

I gotta say
the whole of Denver Ruins with the Reagan worshipping Gippers and the Robot Commune
has been the best part of the game to this point.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I try to be a good guy in this game but sometimes my choices lead to bad outcomes for people.

Oh well, the Wasteland is a hard and unforgiving place.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Would be nice if they gave them some unique skills/traits/random events. They usually have unique weapons, but it's trash. Though I like that Kwon and Wesson have lots of reaction dialogues here and there.
which is why it would be a lot more fun if you could simply specc them however you want.

I try to be a good guy in this game but sometimes my choices lead to bad outcomes for people.

Oh well, the Wasteland is a hard and unforgiving place.
I am good guy who just can't say no which means I am doing favors for slavers and cannibals, too

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
which is why it would be a lot more fun if you could simply specc them however you want.
I'm not very bothered by this, because all three companions that I am using my whole playthrough player can find very early in the game, therefore it was easy to integrate them in my squad even with some wasted skill points.

On other note. OST in Wastelands 3 is solid, but I've finally heard the one and only banger:

muZ16O0.jpg

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

One of my favorite games in a long time.

1. I let Billie and Jean go somewhere and now I can't remember where I put them. After a while my animal companions should just show up at Ranger HQ on their own.

2. The loading times are so bad it almost takes the game from a 10/10 to a 9/10

3. Pumping skill points into Bartering until you get the Antiques perk is a definite cheese move.

4. What is Sneaking worth? How to use if effectively? Seems like one of the most useless skills.

5. RIP Major Tom and Polly. You dumb motherfuckers just had to charge straight at the enemy, huh?

Sneaky Shit IMO is only good on your Explosives user. This could also be used in conjunction with someone who also uses Automatic Weapons as well.
There is a late game SMG that fires explosive rounds, and there's also a single weapon mod that you get that changes your ballistic shots into explosive rounds. Both get boosted from the Explosives skill.
OR just do what I did and have your main sniper also raise up Explosives. It's a useless skill outside of Explosives, because without any points into it, you can still reliably one-shot enemies at the start with a sniper rifle, and once combat has commenced, the skill does absolutely nothing. Where it shines is when you explode groups with a rocket.

I am good guy who just can't say no which means I am doing favors for slavers and cannibals, too

Not sure that makes you a "good guy". I did every quest that I was given, and also tried to be diplomatic with as many factions as I could, but I drew the line with slavers and cannibals. They either got nothing from me, or a bullet in the brain pan.

Last edited:

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
For me one of the hallmarks of a good RPG is how much time I hesitate over the choices and man do I hesitate over every one of them. Pick this or that? Aaaah.

I love this game.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017

Sniper 2: Sniper Rifles, Lockpicking (focused on this while the rifle was secondary) First Aid and later Weird Science for extra energy damage and three into Mechanics for the first perk and to drop turrets.

Kwon: Automatic Weapons and Big Guns since Assault Rifles are trash aside from piercing armor, and Big Guns deal with groups better. If I had to build him again, I would just keep him with Automatic Weapons and use SMGs while maybe raising his Kiss Ass a little higher (even though you still get more experience/loot from the violent options).

Also:

Thank you for the video going to start my playthrough this week!

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah slavers is a big no-no for me.
killed la Perla instantly and resisted the temptation to kill cordite too but angela bitched so much able it bringing him that I kicked him out to run away. Which will obviously bite my ass later but eh.

Sneaky shit is quite good if you want to avoid tons of combat, managed to do most of the
warrens gippers and union station
without firing a single shot but that obviously ain't optimal cause no xp. Maybe for a challenge low lvl run later.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Are there still lots of game breaking bugs/progression problems? Want to play co-op but want to make sure the experience is good as far as bugs/progression bugs in particular.

Me and a friend are on the XBox and the patch really improved the co op...no more stuck in loading,disconnections...my friend did get a disconnect after we played close to 3 hours though...thats about the time we need to stop anyway but that is happening every time we play...but overall it was better then before the patch thats for sure.