• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As dumb as he's been in the last two weeks, I'm actually not shocked. Ron Rivera doesn't deal with nonsense like that.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
He basically forced them to do it before the end of the season with his strip club stupidity.

But he wasn't sticking around next year anyway. Dude went from starter to 4th string to starter again only because of injuries, then stripped of being captain and now gone.

Was a toxic relationship when the new head coach was hired that made it clear he wasn't a fan of Haskins.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So are they releasing him to add a different QB to the roster? They have to be doing something otherwise why bother making moves for week 17.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Its one thing to struggle to put up numbers and play well, especially with all the front office/management turmoil in Washington. Teams might take a chance on you and maybe you can find a career as a backup in the league (see RG3)

Its another thing to be talented but be kind of a fuck up, especially when you are young. Teams might take a chance that you will mature under better leadership.

But Haskins sucks AND is a fuck up. I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays another snap in the NFL. But hey, the XFL is supposedly coming back.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taking pics with strippers with no mask or social distancing or anything potentially jeopardizing the team's playoff chances. Oh, and his performance on the field has been trash, so there's that too.
Don't forget his head coach Ron Rivera is currently battling cancer.

On top of him being awful on the field, awful in game prep, and awful at just about everything else.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
what was his contract like? I assume he's getting a few mil guaranteed either way? still though, what a clown
www.spotrac.com

Dwayne Haskins

Dwayne Haskins contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Looks like 14 million guaranteed. He should be set for life if he's smart. Even after taxes, it's 7 million. He can cashflow from investment and never touch the principal.

But he spent money on really dumb shit already.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Washington will continue to be a disaster as long as Dan Snyder owns the team.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Almost entirely unrelated but, has WFT given any indication of if/when they expect to adopt a new name?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
www.spotrac.com

Dwayne Haskins

Dwayne Haskins contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Looks like 14 million guaranteed. He should be set for life if he's smart. Even after taxes, it's 7 million. He can cashflow from investment and never touch the principal.

But he spent money on really dumb shit already.

according to that video he's already done big time damage to that 7 million.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure.

I don't think it is over for him. He only played on season as a starter in college. And then got a coaching change.

He got completely outplayed and looked like ass compared to an XFL backup. His on the field performance was atrocious combined with him apparently being an awful teammate/leader and massive fuckup.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Hmm, have to say I'm a little surprised that a draft pick made by the owner based partially on which high school he attended didn't work out.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
according to that video he's already done big time damage to that 7 million.
Yeah, still has 6 million, though. Again, even if he never plays in the NFL, he should be set for life if he's not dumb.

Somehow, though. I doubt it.

Tua is mega smart in comparison

Uncle at Nintendo

â–² Legend â–²
Jan 3, 2018
Johnny Football lasted 2 full seasons with the Browns. I wonder if this is the fastest a 1st round QB has been cut by his team.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
A modern high draft pick - especially a QB is getting a massive contract and signing bonus. In that video, he said he saved 70% and emphasized the importance of saving in general. He's likely set for life plus the life of any kids and their kids if he keeps up those sentiments.
I think he'll be fine.

My only issue is the flossy stuff like the Bentley and 40k on clothes? Looks like those days are over if he wants to keep his wealth long term now.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, still has 6 million, though. Again, even if he never plays in the NFL, he should be set for life if he's not dumb.

Somehow, though. I doubt it.

Tua is mega smart in comparison

And he's going to the playoffs, funny how the world works?

Yes I know he got bailed out by Fitz.

Also I think Haskins will jump somewhere else but I do think he'll be on shorter leash.

Maybe Belicheck will have him at some point since he loves to go at troublemakers.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
250k on a car.

foolish shit.

at least wait until you're a bonafide success.
He only bought 1 car and his dream car. How's he Foolish? Working hard and finally able to get your dream car without breaking your bank or being broke?

HE stated it's not wise to buy but I'll be damn if I bust my ass to get to where he got and not buy my self my dream car

He got like 20 million 4 years, 13.5 million in signing bonus ( guarantee).

He will be alright.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
And he's going to the playoffs, funny how the world works?

Yes I know he got bailed out by Fitz.

Also I think Haskins will jump somewhere else but I do think he'll be on shorter leash.

Maybe Belicheck will have him at some point since he loves to go at troublemakers.

A QB who can't be bothered to gameplan and study seems like exactly the opposite of what Belicheck would have any interest, or any coach really. In the modern NFL especially, a QB who doesn't do the work off the field, watching tape, game planning, you can't even be a backup with that kind of work ethic. Rivera seems like a well respected guy around the league too, so if you burned that bridge, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Haskins doesn't get another chance in the NFL.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Folks going to start having a goon just to take phones