• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
I think I'm gunna sink countless hours into this, tried a few of the 'advance wars' clones like tinymetal and into the breach and nothing has really cured the itch but this looks right up my alley.

Oct 25, 2017
Already ordered and loaded. Now to await the inevitable frustration of discovering that the Switch version does not unlock at midnight on the day of launch, and retrying repeatedly.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty naff at advance wars, so I'm actually more hyped for the editor side of things right now.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Day -7.

Also how is it 16€ ?
Is there actually a dev that knows €=/=$ ?

Also, sorry Anthem, i might have preordered you, but seems i wont play the public demo on feb 1.
At least there is the vip one.

Green Earth Represent.

Is there a character whose Groove is like the Power from Eagle ?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, ok... I usually don't preload but will all this incredible cross-play news, this games seems like it deserve it.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I have a $20 eshop git card so I'm kinda tempted to get this, but it also looks like a perfect Game Pass game for later. Decisions, Decisions.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I think we will see some super creative game types.

The game lets you set some pretty interesting win and event conditions in maps so I think people are going to get really creative with the level editor.

Huddy

Feb 11, 2018
Pre-ordered, ready to enter my veins.

Hopefully pick up a physical copy down the line.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been in since forever. Can't wait. This will become my bread and butter title to go to till anthem releases

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The German store description reads rough, I wish they would have worked with my translation office instead. (Not that I'm totes jealous or anything.)

Hooray for release day either way!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Any confirmation about the need of a paid suscription to the Nintendo Online service to share maps and campaings?
If so, I'll pick it firstly on PC for the modding, and I'll double dip on Switch later on -crossing fingers for a physical release later-.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Any confirmation about the need of a paid suscription to the Nintendo Online service to share maps and campaings?
If so, I'll pick it firstly on PC for the modding, and I'll double dip on Switch later on -crossing fingers for a physical release later-.

Oh, that'd be lame.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Great genre, great price, crossplay with almost every system, sharing maps, campaigns with other systems as well... I hope it is very successful (almost sure it will be). I know I'll buy.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This looks really good value for the price considering that I was paying almost double that for Advance Wars games a decade ago. I like the idea of the asynchronous multiplayer, like play-by-mail chess. Especially with some player-created maps inevitably going to lead to 20+ units in the field.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Pre ordereeddd!! I'm ready for some Advance Wars shit

Cheaper than I expected too

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a reason to get a version other than the Switch version?
Modding. Using consoles only for exclusives because I know I'll always have a PC. Everyone has their own reasons for their choice.
Although I'm sure the Switch version will be the best selling. I think it will resonate better with the audience since Nintendo refuses to offer an Advance Wars game.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Modding. Using consoles only for exclusives because I know I'll always have a PC. Everyone has their own reasons for their choice.
Although I'm sure the Switch version will be the best selling. I think it will resonate better with the audience since Nintendo refuses to offer an Advance Wars game.
Yup, I'm here for the mods. I know the in-game editor will be vast, but I'm hoping for some mods of licensed properties down the line on PC.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017

Take it with a grain of salt because I read it on Reddit, but apparently one of the devs said on some Discord server that NSO won't be required to share maps/campaigns (but will for online multiplayer)

gilko79

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
Yes! I've been waiting for this announcement. I really want it on PS4, but I may go ahead and buy it for Switch instead.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wait, I'm confused. Is this game fantasy/medieval themed or does it also have modern-esque units? Is it both? I seem to recall earlier screens having a more modern AW style.
Pretty sure the game's aesthetics have been fixed for a long time. At very minimum, it's solidly based on fantasy. Perhaps you saw some fan or April Fools image?

Oct 28, 2017
New Zealand
Looks great! Is there a preorder page for Xbox yet? I was unable to find one, and now I'm a bit worried that it may be yet another game that's unavailable in my country. I couldn't find one in the US store either, so that's made me more hopeful.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm really curious as for the reason behind the delay. I can't imagine the PS4 is more challenging to develop for than the other platforms.
My instinct says it's related to cross-play but I don't really know. Speaking to someone from the team a few months back they said the game was cross play across "most of them", which we can probably guess what that meant.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's the possibility of the PS4 release seeing some kind of cross play given how Sony's stance has adapted since that time. This was pre-Fortnite cross play era. No doubt they'd love to have all platforms cross playing, it makes so much sense for the game.