• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I would love it if "Ralph" shows up in the near future but it's just the top of his face peeking over the top of a fence.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so Mephisto IS happening right? like, it has to. All those 666 teases and it's doing the twins story, and Mephisto was involved in that in the comics.

Plus we know for a fact Dr.Strange will be in the show sooooooooo... yeah it's happening.

Slayven this has to be tickling all your buttons right?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am looking forward to the 80's and 90's episodes, but feel like I'm going to lose my patience if they don't kinda cut to the chase soon. If it's just 3 more episodes of "There's something funny going on here" then they are treading water too much.

I am surprised that they went with the "improvised childbirth" story in EP3, because to me that unconventional birth trope is much more a hallmark of 80's and 90's sitcoms.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
so Mephisto IS happening right? like, it has to. All those 666 teases and it's doing the twins story, and Mephisto was involved in that in the comics.

Plus we know for a fact Dr.Strange will be in the show sooooooooo... yeah it's happening.

Not enough Night Thrasher for Slay.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

I dont know if Strange is confirmed for this show, but Wanda is confirmed for Strange 2.

But ya it definitely looks like it. Or, by looking at Agnes brooch, which I saw up close on a youtube video, looks like the Grim Reaper with two shorter figures, so it could be him. Or Nightmare as he is rumored in Strange 2 and this all could be dream based.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Soooooo Mephisto is basically the devil right? Is he in the comics moustache twirling evil, chaotic evil or alluring Lucifery devil?
Both
6e3640c410103c8f4d020f53dd01e7a657d19b55_hq.jpg

IEAGXdvY21MtpHe6E9Y-HD_n2CfEYQrN7uqyyQY5ewcrPYQvzI4slpfRS5jgCbpNclTmlCbHfKRvHr9H2uf6PAijn6AvCvCklHqbZxWPwow

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

i think it is going to be all Wanda

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i am feeling the "we got the sizzle, how about some steak" posts

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I am looking forward to the 80's and 90's episodes, but feel like I'm going to lose my patience if they don't kinda cut to the chase soon. If it's just 3 more episodes of "There's something funny going on here" then they are treading water too much.

I am surprised that they went with the "improvised childbirth" story in EP3, because to me that unconventional birth trope is much more a hallmark of 80's and 90's sitcoms.
Cut to the chase?? Wanda just gave birth to two major characters.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
I feel like I'm missing a ton not knowing the comics. Like how is everyone collectively decided on a villain who's barely mentioned in the MCU?

I'm really enjoying the show but a lot of references go over my head like the sword symbol, the twins and their names, etc.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cut to the chase?? Wanda just gave birth to two major characters.
Cut to the chase; as in dispense with the "how do we keep the townsfolk from finding out about our superpowers" hijinks, and begin to address the larger narrative at hand. The twins being born has no real significance for most viewers, and will likely just bridge into more secret-hiding sitcom humor since the kids will likely have powers that have to be hidden or explained away.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't a big fan of the first 2 episodes but this one's ending officially has me in!
Wanda was legit scary, that was great

Weekly episodes are a pain though

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
This makes me realize how much I miss watching shows week to week and having to guess at what the hell's going on. I still have no idea what's going on (and I'm not reading online to try to figure it out, either), but I'm having fun with the show.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I really liked the framing/meta weirdness with the glitchy cut when Vision got suspicious and the way the aspect ratio changed at the end.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Still not feeling it really. Like it's not bad it's just "fine". The sitcom parodies/homages are just so wafer-thin and simplistic. I think this actually would've worked better as a binge release or at least 2 episodes per week if they're gonna make us wait for the pin to drop.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
I feel like I'm missing a ton not knowing the comics. Like how is everyone collectively decided on a villain who's barely mentioned in the MCU?

I'm really enjoying the show but a lot of references go over my head like the sword symbol, the twins and their names, etc.
Yeah, it's basically because it was the villain who was involved in this storyline from the comics. Don't worry about missing out on stuff, I'm sure the show itself will explain as it goes on, like the MCU usually does.

But if the show does end up going in the direction some people have speculated...yeah it's gonna be weird.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

There's still a chance it is all a massive red herring.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
So definitely am leaning towards the Stork being some 'outside force' (be that Mephisto or something else) since not only did it seem immune to Wanda's powers, it was very intentionally trying to break Geraldine out of the illusion, likely hoping that this would make Wanda eject her from that reality. It wants no interference from SWORD and Wanda's children are very likely the goal here.

Also the stork literally hiding in plain sight in that room is so on the nose.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
So definitely am leaning towards the Stork being some 'outside force' (be that Mephisto or something else) since not only did it seem immune to Wanda's powers, it was very intentionally trying to break Geraldine out of the illusion, likely hoping that this would make Wanda eject her from that reality. It wants no interference from SWORD and Wanda's children are very likely the goal here.

Also the stork literally hiding in plain sight in that room is so on the nose.
Ya i saw that too... its was defintely able to resist Wanda and it was trying to get Monica's attention. It could be a super powered shield agent too, their own magic user. I wonder if her fish pants meant anything.. odd fabric choice.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
So Herb is the one that offered the Big Red right and he was hangin out with Agnes this episode?
Yep, I was thinking of that too. The Big Red is what made Vision drunk and he slapped Vision on the back which made him swallow it. Since he seems to be more aware of what is going on and on the same page as Agnes, it definitely makes it seem intentional now.

Apparently the shows production name was "Big Red" as well, and even though the production names don't have to mean anything about a show or movie and may just be a random silly name to keep the production a secret, it does seem like it could be a hint towards Mephisto.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me really doubts that Disney is going to actually have Mephisto but I would really love it.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Ya i saw that too... its was defintely able to resist Wanda and it was trying to get Monica's attention. It could be a super powered shield agent too, their own magic user. I wonder if her fish pants meant anything.. odd fabric choice.
Fish out of water ie. not where she is supposed to be

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
So what if this show is to setup Wanda as the next big bad in the MCU and Mephisto is just a red herring? She is going to be in Multiverse of Madness, Spidey will probably have multiverse stuff as well and Agness' behavior does not seem to indicate that she is in control.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Fish out of water. Maybe.

Edit: Zounds. Beaten.

It's just speculation, honestly. I'm leaning towards Mephisto's presence being more subvert than overt in this show, and that he's gonna be an ongoing thing that slowly builds in the background, since both Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki have references to him as well.

Yep, I was thinking of that too. The Big Red is what made Vision drunk and he slapped Vision on the back which made him swallow it. Since he seems to be more aware of what is going on and on the same page as Agnes, it definitely makes it seem intentional now.

So far, Agnes, Herb, Dottie and the Harts have shown awareness. I don't think the Big Red incident was trivial, though.

Last edited:

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
So what if everyone in town a victim of ptsd and trauma and they came to wanda or caught wands to forget there bad lives.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
So what if this show is to setup Wanda as the next big bad in the MCU and Mephisto is just a red herring? She is going to be in Multiverse of Madness, Spidey will probably have multiverse stuff as well and Agness' behavior does not seem to indicate that she is in control.
My guess is
-Mephisto takes the twins and Vision away from her at the end of WandaVision
-She goes batshit, House of M style, rips the multiverse open trying to find her family
- End credits scene of Spider-Man is showing Wanda being responsible for the events of the film
- Wanda is the full blown villain of Doctor Strage 2, Aged up Wiccan and Speed bring her to her senses
- Young Avengers members all fully integrated into the MCU

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wanda to Geraldine after she mentioned Ultron
ARam.gif

Loved that Wanda mentioned Pietro gain and I don't know if this happened for anyone else but after I let the whole runtime end after the credits and everything Disney + decided to play Age of Ultron next. Please tell me that was intentional.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a map of the United States, and there's a little town there called Westview. On a given morning not too long ago, the rest of the world disappeared and Westview was left all alone. Its inhabitants were never sure whether the world was destroyed and only Westview left untouched or whether the village had somehow been taken away. They were, on the other hand, sure of one thing: the cause. A monster had arrived in the village. Just by using her mind, she took away the smartphones, the internet, the flatscreens- because they displeased her - and she moved an entire community back into the dark ages - just by using her mind.

Soooooo Mephisto is basically the devil right? Is he in the comics moustache twirling evil, chaotic evil or alluring Lucifery devil?
he's what we perceive as the devil. The actual devil is the one below all

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

The Mephisto stuff is so obvious now that I think it's a misdirect. Wanda's doing this and is the big bad (I think).

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Question: has the character actually been called Monica at any point in time in the show? Because she's Geraldine so far, right? Why is everyone calling her Monica?

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Question: has the character actually been called Monica at any point in time in the show? Because she's Geraldine so far, right? Why is everyone calling her Monica?
The production and casting announcements made it clear that she's playing Monica. "Geraldine" is just some fake name being used for the sitcom reality bubble - I assume. There could be some other meaning behind that name. But in-universe, we know it's Monica.

EDIT: Oh, but to answer your question, no, I don't think anyone has actually called her Monica yet.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) We know who she is from the comics
2) The cast interviews for the series have been very clear about who the actress is portraying and that's "Monica ________"
3) On investor's day, where future Marvel projects were shown, Kevin Feige presented her :v

But the show proper will reveal it in due time, I think :D

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I was thinking the mystery might be better if I didn't know Geraldine is actually Monica, but they officially announced it, so it's not supposed to be part of it, I guess.