• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
When their turn came, Mignogna allegedly asked them why they chose the fan music CD but not any of his Christian music CDs. The fan apologized and stated they were Jewish. According to them, Mignogna stared at them up and down and responded by saying, "Well, we can change that."
Haha fucking wow

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
According to this, Anime NYC and Rangerstop withdrew his invitation.

Hopefully this snowballs and we get a statement from Funimation soon.
I wouldn't be surprised if Funi is waiting till Broly is done in the theaters though... And it's got at least another week for that...
Dear god I hope they recast Broly for the home release, it'd suck for them to sell a bluray with this predator attached. It'd certainly make me think twice about buying it.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully this snowballs and we get a statement from Funimation soon.
I wouldn't be surprised if Funi is waiting till Broly is done in the theaters though... And it's got at least another week for that...
Dear god I hope they recast Broly for the home release, it'd suck for them to sell a bluray with this predator attached. It'd certainly make me think twice about buying it.
Might not be worth the trouble at this point for the Broly movie, but I'm betting they're going to announce that they've cut ties with him soon enough. Probably recasting Broly for the next season of Super.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Might not be worth the trouble at this point for the Broly movie, but I'm betting they're going to announce that they've cut ties with him soon enough. Probably recasting Broly for the next season of Super.
They'd still have to sell a bluray a few months later with him attached, and they are going to be selling this movie for a long time and it's going to be something people will rewatch and point to for many many years, cutting him out of it seems like it'd be worth the trouble to me. This movie is a huge turning point for the Super series, they shouldn't want to keep this stain on it.
We also know Funi isn't opposed to redubbing things.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
They'd still have to sell a bluray a few months later with him attached, and they are going to be selling this movie for a long time and it's going to be something people will rewatch and point to for many many years, cutting him out of it seems like it'd be worth the trouble to me. This movie is a huge turning point for the Super series, they shouldn't want to keep this stain on it.
They would only need to redub one character too as opposed to the whole thing

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where this fits in, but Todd Haberkorn has bizarrely weighed in, despite not being directly accused. He claims to have receipts in the form of screenshots of a private message that I haven't viewed because I need to get going to work and posting screenshots of private messages publicly without the other party's consent is kind of gross.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where this fits in, but Todd Haberkorn has bizarrely weighed in, despite not being directly accused. He claims to have receipts in the form of screenshots of a private message that I haven't viewed because I need to get going to work and posting screenshots of private messages publicly without the other party's consent is kind of gross.

So, you hear of someone's accusations and the first thing you do is:
  1. Violate their privacy by posting a private conversation.
  2. Turn someone's traumatic circumstance into a self centered narrative because?
Holy shit. The level of narcissism required is beyond what I can process. It makes me so angry. Also, how in the holy shit does this relate to ANYTHING? Hey everyone, I had consensual sex once so clearly this person is lying? I'm not even sure what point he's attempting to make by posting this.

Oct 25, 2017
So, you hear of someone's accusations and the first thing you do is:
  1. Violate their privacy by posting a private conversation.
  2. Turn someone's traumatic circumstance into a self centered narrative because?
Holy shit. The level of narcissism required is beyond what I can process. It makes me so angry. Also, how in the holy shit does this relate to ANYTHING? Hey everyone, I had consensual sex once so clearly this person is lying? I'm not even sure what point he's attempting to make by posting this.
A part of this reads like he's using her personal demons to flat out discredit her, which is fucked up.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
A part of this reads like he's using her personal demons to flat out discredit her, which is fucked up.

That's what I mentioned to my wife. You've written an 8 paragraph anecdote completely filled with toxic narcissism which will inadvertently, whether intentional or not, be used by shitty people to discredit a victim. Then, to throw the cherry on top of your shit Sunday, you've completed violated the trust this victim put in you by putting private conversations on the internet for all to read. If we ever needed any more proof that he's morally bankrupt (we didn't), there it is.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
This could be the one guy she mentioned in her post, but doesn't name(Just stated as A Voice Actor). Meaning, everyone already knows who it is.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Love to post about a woman wanting casual sex during a rough time in her life and act like it's some dramatic twist that discredits her, and then dump her private conversations online, totally normal and not completely fucking disgusting behavior.

Holy shit.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of time to get someone else to voice Super Broly before he shows up in DBFZ too, maybe?

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
Saw Vic at the NY Anime Con last year in November. He..was definitely off, but in ways I couldn't describe. I know these panels can be grueling, so at the time, I just wrote it off as that. Not only that but he seemed to do the panel in the most by the books ways possible. It wasn't terribly entertaining, and it felt like he was on auto-pilot the whole time.

He's definitely coasting on the fumes of his FMA fame. It looks like they're about to run out though.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Todd, no... what is you doing? This is incredibly gross.

Homeboy even started his own hashtag when, as far as I could tell, no one was even talking about him.

Edit: And now his fans are attacking her... great.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017

IIRC Haberkorn also went off on his FB back in 2015, attacking a woman who had accused Tom Wayland of rape at (i believe the previous) Anime Boston. Wayland was disinvited (or dropped) from the following AB, but the story kind of died out after that.

This kind of shit makes me glad I quit staffing an anime con.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Even supposing for a minute that it was consensual, it doesn't excuse what Vic did to her either. That's not acceptable behavior.

But nothing she said is disproven by Todd's post. Her being friendly is just part of.... Not wanting to have her livelihood impacted. Victimized women do this all the time. Maybe he doesn't realize it but... Yeah he raped her. You don't have sex with someone who's knockout drunk, you being drunk yourself doesn't excuse that.

Anyone who thinks this clears Vic's harassment (or Todd's rape) is showing their true colors.

Now, I legitimately liked Todd so this is fucking crushing. But I don't support rapists, and as far as I can tell, Todd is. And I'll hold to that unless Jessie retracts that statement.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It is an absolutely awful look to do preemptive damage control with your own self-serving hashtag while posting private conversations publically without consent, geez.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
What I'm getting from the Haberkorn situation is the victim claimed he had raped her but he came back with those private messages because they reveal it was a mutual encounter.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He's still on the guestlist for Supercon last I heard. If he gets dropped, I'll probably get updated.
So he is. Should I email the con linking to a twitter thread about this? I'd rather they do it on their own but...
It couldn't hurt. Though I highly doubt it, Supercon is a grassroots effort so they simply might not know.

(Sadly that was where I met him at, when he signed my copy of Persona 3.)
If anyone's feeling adventurous, he's still on the billing for Supercon.
https://floridasupercon.com/guests/

Contacts:
https://floridasupercon.com/contact-us-2/
[email protected] / 954.399.1330

This is all gross from Haberkorn, jesus, also ugh...I have tickets to Supercon since before they announced Vic, guess I'll have to start emailing them...though at this point, they can't be unaware (they run 3 cons in 3 different states btw), would Mike Broder really want to keep him?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
well i was waiting for that bandage to get ripped off but Todd just took initiative and did himself in.

fuck him

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Edit: to be clear about my disgusted reaction to Todd. I know people can be falsely accused. One of my friends had this happen and it destroyed his life. When the other party admitted that it was a fabrication 8 years later, the damage was already done.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'm inclined to believe abuse victims first. Victims need to be believed. We need to listen.

And let's say Todd is still carrying battle scars from being falsely accused of something, let's say he's being completely honest and authentic about his story. I can consider that.

But why share now?

To defend Vic? That's inexcusable as well.

I'm so fucking disappointed. I know he's not inherent to the character but I feel like changing my user pic. Ugh.

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: to be clear about my disgusted reaction to Todd. I know people can be falsely accused. One of my friends had this happen and it destroyed his life. When the other party admitted that it was a fabrication 8 years later, the damage was already done.

But that doesn't change the fact that I'm inclined to believe abuse victims first. Victims need to be believed. We need to listen.

And let's say Todd is still carrying battle scars from being falsely accused of something, let's say he's being completely honest and authentic about his story. I can consider that.

But why share now?

To defend Vic? That's inexcusable as well.

I'm so fucking disappointed. I know he's not inherent to the character but I feel like changing my user pic. Ugh.

The fact that he made his post preemtively and unprompted (Pridemore never named him) is not the action of an innocent person.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, the fact he just thinks it's some weird hiccup is distressing. Like Mewshuji said, I'm a fan of his, but I'm so crushed he's turned out this way.

Yeah, this one hurts to me. :/

The fact that he made his post preemtively and unprompted (Pridemore never named him) is not the action of an innocent person.

Indeed. She didn't name him. No one would have even thought about him being the one if he didn't post that.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
He's defending himself not Vic. Todd did provide evidence that the relationship was mutual so either she lied in her facebook story or Todd lied and photoshopped a bunch of chat messages.

Isn't it also possible that her story wasn't actually about Todd? She didn't name the person after all