• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is your most anticipated Vita title of 2018?

• 13 Sentinels

Votes: 126 28.4%
  • Catherine Fullbody

Votes: 160 36.1%
  • Persona 3/5 Dancing

Votes: 87 19.6%
  • Muv Luv

Votes: 52 11.7%
  • Code: Realize/Hakuoki

Votes: 18 4.1%

• Total voters

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
These aren't popular in the UK. Even-though you cannot buy them new any more. They are still £150 to buy second hand.

Why is it so damn expensive still? I kind of want to get one for a few weaboo games, but the price is a tough one.

I'm a latecomer to the Vita, only got mine this January 'cause the price was off-putting. Checking new eBay UK listings every 1-2 days paid off after several weeks, and I managed to get a lightly used OLED model with 5 games + 8GB card for £150, I ended up making back around £50 by selling 3 of the games that I didn't want. It was tough to justify even though I felt like I got a decent deal, 'cause of the memory upgrade costs, but it's a great little machine and I've gotten loads of enjoyment out of it already. There's a solid 20-30 games on the system I was interested in, though, if you're only looking to play a handful of games I'd have a hard time recommending it, tbh.

PunkMilitia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a latecomer to the Vita, only got mine this January 'cause the price was off-putting. Checking new eBay UK listings every 1-2 days paid off after several weeks, and I managed to get a lightly used OLED model with 5 games + 8GB card for £150, I ended up making back around £50 by selling 3 of the games that I didn't want. It was tough to justify even though I felt like I got a decent deal, 'cause of the memory upgrade costs, but it's a great little machine and I've gotten loads of enjoyment out of it already. There's a solid 20-30 games on the system I was interested in, though, if you're only looking to play a handful of games I'd have a hard time recommending it, tbh.
That's a good idea getting a game bundle version. Thanks for the idea dude.

zanderace64

Oct 27, 2017
Travelling a lot this year, so I've been using my vita more than usual. Currently working my way through Persona 4 and Suikoden. Both games are fantastic so far and looking forward to finishing the story lines

Hopefully I'll have time to sink in to persona 5 once I'm done

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Travelling a lot this year, so I've been using my vita more than usual. Currently working my way through Persona 4 and Suikoden. Both games are fantastic so far and looking forward to finishing the story lines

play suikoden 2 afther suikoden.

PunkMilitia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Jealous. Wish I could play persona 4, but not got PS3 any more. Wish it was on PS NOW

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
How long has it been since the 64GB was released? Please 3rd-party companies, make a 128GB or larger cards!

4-5 years maybe. Sony as washed it's hands of Vita development, so don't count on memory upgrade options to appear out of nowhere at this point. Get a Vita, or Vita Tv, running on 3.60 and below, buy a SD2Vita adapter, and just use SD cards.

I wish we had a Viable method to downgrade firmware from 3.65.

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my lrg order with Asdivine Hearts today. Also got Semispheres delivered, puts me at 299 physical carts, wonder what will arrive next and be the milestone.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
After having my Vita for more than a year and only playing Persona 4's intro I'm finally playing it regularly now. What games would you guys recommend? Currently I only have MGS Collection, Persona 4 and Axiom Verge.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
After having my Vita for more than a year and only playing Persona 4's intro I'm finally playing it regularly now. What games would you guys recommend? Currently I only have MGS Collection, Persona 4 and Axiom Verge.

What genres are you into? Would help narrowing down some recommendations, though there are also some games people tend to universally recommend too.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017

any genres in specific ?

Odin Sphere. very good game action RPG.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Well I love RPGs, my favorite being Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii. I also have a preference for open world games like GTA V and Skyrim. Visual Novels like the Ace Attorney series, as well as puzzle games like Picross and Professor Layton. And if there are any good 2D or 3D platformer recommendations I will take them as well.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
My recommendation's would be:
Digimon Cybersleuth(RPG ATB system)
Jet Set Radio(stylish platformer/sport game with a great soundtrack gameplay involves timed free play to graffiti walls)
Gravity Rush(beautiful game and world,gameplay is gravity based where you can explore upward and down)
Danganronpa series(3 visual novel games with interesting twists and stylish design choices)
Stains Gate(visual novel story based)
Ys 7(action RPG like Zelda)
Tearaway(platformer)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
World Of Final Fantasy(If you're a FF fan it's great fanservice that doesn't take itself too serious)

That's it for my Vita recommendations. The rest are classics since I enjoy playing them on the go.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
Well I love RPGs, my favorite being Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii. I also have a preference for open world games like GTA V and Skyrim. Visual Novels like the Ace Attorney series, as well as puzzle games like Picross and Professor Layton. And if there are any good 2D or 3D platformer recommendations I will take them as well.

For visual novels similar to Ace Attorney, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that won't recommend you the Danganronpa series. They're also available on PS4 or Steam though, so I'm not too sure if you've already dabbled in them through those mediums.

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really sad to see Soul Sacrifice is dead. :( Was so good exclusive for Vita (especially Delta was blast) and i think they should give another change on PS4 if not Vita.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Operation Abyss and Stranger of Sword City

Yay or Nay?

Xenoflux

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really sad to see Soul Sacrifice is dead. :( Was so good exclusive for Vita (especially Delta was blast) and i think they should give another change on PS4 if not Vita.
I still play Delta every once in a while, because I still have so much to do in it, and I see the online faction boards are still battling it out.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Another vote for Odin Sphere, its a fantastic game. I'd look into that Machine Law if I were you.

I'm taking at look at it. Seems like it's made by the same guys that made Muramasa? I loved that game on Wii.

For visual novels similar to Ace Attorney, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that won't recommend you the Danganronpa series. They're also available on PS4 or Steam though, so I'm not too sure if you've already dabbled in them through those mediums.

I've definitely heard about it through the anime and I played a little bit of a fan translation on PSP. If the Vita version doesn't have any compromises I may get it there.

Thanks Wazzy I see some games there that I'd love to try out. Never played a Final Fantasy game, so I'll like to try out X/X-2.

Aytrial

Oct 25, 2017
Perth, Australia
I've definitely heard about it through the anime and I played a little bit of a fan translation on PSP. If the Vita version doesn't have any compromises I may get it there.

The Vita versions are the definitive portable versions of the first two games. There's no need to worry about any compromises there beyond stylistics translation differences compared to Project Zetsubou's fan translation.

If you're willing to try out another series of visual novels that aren't completely vanilla experiences, I highly recommend both Utawarerumono games (Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth). In addition to having extremely strong narratives with an endearing cast, they also feature SRPG battles. While these battles are not the main focus of the games, they serve to reinforce important narrative moments and provide a nice break from reading.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
The Vita versions are the definitive portable versions of the first two games. There's no need to worry about any compromises there beyond stylistics translation differences compared to Project Zetsubou's fan translation.

If you're willing to try out another series of visual novels that aren't completely vanilla experiences, I highly recommend both Utawarerumono games (Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth). In addition to having extremely strong narratives with an endearing cast, they also feature SRPG battles. While these battles are not the main focus of the games, they serve to reinforce important narrative moments and provide a nice break from reading.

Excellent, I would also like to point out that I like SRPGs like Fire Emblem and Valkyria Chronicles. So I may also try out Disgaea 4 on the Vita.

Lots of games to play on this thing! Between my laptop, 3DS and Vita I feel like I'll never play newer games XD.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent, I would also like to point out that I like SRPGs like Fire Emblem and Valkyria Chronicles. So I may also try out Disgaea 4 on the Vita.

Lots of games to play on this thing! Between my laptop, 3DS and Vita I feel like I'll never play newer games XD.
If you enjoy SRPGs, be sure to pick up God Wars and Grand Kingdom, both are great games. Also Summon Knight 6 comes out Tuesday, heard good things.

Hi Vita diehards!

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017

Disgaea 4 on Vita was fantastic, if you are into SRPG i can definitely recommend. I need to play more (played already 150+ hours)

I still play Delta every once in a while, because I still have so much to do in it, and I see the online faction boards are still battling it out.

Haha, good to hear someone playing from here! Yeah, there are always someone playing online, i also playing online sometimes, if you need help or wanna play together you (or anyone) can send me your PSN via pm.

Btw, Abyssal Bead+ is blast. :D (if you dont know, you should see.)

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
CvZmfQw.jpg

Sayonara #UmiharaKawase ++ for #Vita coming early 2018! Worldwide exclusive release. We're more than hyped for this! :) #VitaIsland
https://twitter.com/RealStrictlyLTD/status/924373018884952065

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Last edited:

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
These guys are like an hour away from where I live. That's so weird considering I had to import all these limited releases so far.

They seem to have some interesting connections too.

I'm pretty shocked that they've managed to land this as their second-ever game.

They've teased another Vita "exclusive" (I'm guessing Umihara is considered exclusive because it's the plus version) which is non-indie.

nnex

Oct 27, 2017
That description kind of reminds me of Trillion: God of Destruction. Has anyone played that game? I thought it looked interesting, but I don't know if it's worth the full price.

I played it last month, and it is absolutely not worth full price. I wish I could highlight something positive about it, but I've got nothing.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Last thing I expected was yet another Sayonara Umihara Kawase re-release, with extra content. Much less a worldwide exclusive by Strictly Limited Games!

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
These aren't popular in the UK. Even-though you cannot buy them new any more. They are still £150 to buy second hand.

Why is it so damn expensive still? I kind of want to get one for a few weaboo games, but the price is a tough one.
Wait seriously? I randomly picked up from eBay in 2014 for £60. I figured they must at least be at that price this late in it's life. Maybe I just got really lucky.

Powwa

Oct 28, 2017
Hi VitaEra,

Good to be here!

In that case for RPG's you may want to check Sword Art Online Games, they are kinda similar to Xenoblade Chronicles. Vita doesn't have many open world games but from my memory Toukiden 2 is one of them there is also Valhalla Knights 3 which is close to open world but it's not a good game so I can't really recommend. For visual novels as suggested Danganronpa is great, also give Steins Gate a try. From the puzzle games my favourite is Lumines, I think it's a must own for Vita owners.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
it sucks the memory cards expensive and rare.
It really does. It would have been amazing if Sony had dropped prices as part of the Vita's curtain call.

Even with the pain in the ass storage management, my Vita has suddenly found itself back in regular rotation in 2017. After Steins;Gate finally clicked with me I found myself on a bit of a VN kick, and I also got back into some rhythm games once I went back in to finish P4DAN.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017

Dragon's Crown (Action RPG), Dragon Quest Builders (Minecraft like), Dungeon Travelers 2 (Dungeon RPG), Steins;Gate (VN), Superbeat Xonic (Rhythm), Tearaway (Platformer), Terraria (2D minecraft), Tokyo Xanadu (JRPG), Utawarerumono Mask of Deception (VN/SRPG), Utawarerumono Mask of Truth (VN/SRPG) would be my top picks.

Then there's Atelier games, JRPGs like Trails of Cold Steel series, stacks of PS2 remasters, Ys, Final Fantasies, DRPGs like Demon Gaze 1 & 2, Stranger of Sword City... list goes on.