• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
So a date has been set and there will he no oral argument on the appeal. There is a few more tweets with Dunford giving his opinion on what this means.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
So from what I can gather of the predictions in the thread, the appeal will pretty much be thrown out. That includes no reversals on trying to get more reward fees for Monica & Ron.

That part's a damn shame.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
So from what I can gather of the predictions in the thread, the appeal will pretty much be thrown out. That includes no reversals on trying to get more reward fees for Monica & Ron.

That part's a damn shame.
The worst will be his stupid fans taking this as a big win when he basically lost in everything

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
And nothing of value was lost.

Maybe Screech will have the same moment of zen insight and leave social media too.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I really don't remember those follow-up tweets lmao

EeSfJJIUMAAEW1G

GODDAMN! The whole country is Yakuza?!

Incredible.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
There was some god awful stupid takes from the chuds. Holy shit I forgot about Yakuza Guy.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
"Japan is 80% Yakuza (related)" seems like something out of a shonen manga/anime. Or the impression of Japan by someone who has read/watched too much shonen manga/anime.

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Holy shit just now seeing the Yakuza thing. I bet someone thinks Yakuza believe in honor and actually have a ranking ladder of their most dangerous hitmen.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The guy who wrote that article is super sketchy and it was probably fake. Amusing article, but yeah.

that being said the dude who tweeted that stuff definitely has a very weird understanding of what "yakuza" means, to say the least

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What even qualifies "best selling" for a book now?

Let me guess. A descriptor made up by the author.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a Dresden clone without the charm.
Looks like it's free on Kindle Unlimited... which probably says something about the quality. I have a friend who enjoys reading lousy books on KU and also loves The Dresden Files. I'll throw it at her and see what she thinks of it.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
So for some reason, I can't see fb links when browsing so I had to link the thread to another browser to read wtf you guys were talking about.
The whole situation is hilarious, the author of the book made a very good deal if you think about it.
He just had to have no ethic (helps that it's a dude so no risk of being harassed too) but he got someone with decade long VA experience on the cheap and it's seen by people as him doing charity too.
Heck now we even know about the shitty while before I can tell you I would NEVER have even thought that this was something that existed even.
For this to be a win for the author, it also means that the VA has to be minimally competent.
There's chances that another VA would have cost much more too.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I've heard plenty of VAs in the past (Vig among them) claiming that they always had other gigs, one being audio books. So this isn't surprising. And completely flies in the face of those "HiS cAreEr iS rUiNed111!!!!!!!"

The bridges in the anime industry (and those adjacent) are burned, sure. But he'll still be fine.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was booked (Hah!) on the cheaper end though.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LOL Vig.

Vig will apparently make a big announcement tomorrow at Ultracon.

ultraconofsouthflorida.com

Ultracon Of South Florida

South Florida's up and coming comic, vintage toy collectibles and anime convention, featuring comic creators, pop culture stars, cosplayers and new media talent from across the world.

HAHAHAHA picture.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
LOL Vig.

South Florida's up and coming comic, vintage toy collectibles and anime convention, featuring comic creators, pop culture stars, cosplayers and new media talent from across the world.

HAHAHAHA picture.

Ohhhhhh dear...

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
LOL Vig.

HAHAHAHA picture.
What are the odds in Vegas that he's doing another fan Full Metal Alchemist or Futurama film.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
That con website has some......interesting writing on it.

"Vic just finished directing the popular series Juni Taisen for Funimation and is currently playing characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Bungo Stray Dogs, Matt in Digimon, Sabo in One Piece, Twinstar Exorcists, Free!, Fairy Tale, Star Trek Online, League Of Legends, Black Butler, Escaflowne, Durarara, Yuri On Ice, Sailor Moon, World Of Warcraft, Karneval, Attack On Titan and several others."

"Just finished" and "currently playing" has different meanings to some people, I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Before you ask: yes, this apparently really was Vic.

Hahaha oh wooow.
Also, people aren't going to conventions right now. There's that pesky little plague going around.

"Vic just finished directing the popular series Juni Taisen for Funimation and is currently playing characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Bungo Stray Dogs, Matt in Digimon, Sabo in One Piece, Twinstar Exorcists, Free!, Fairy Tale, Star Trek Online, League Of Legends, Black Butler, Escaflowne, Durarara, Yuri On Ice, Sailor Moon, World Of Warcraft, Karneval, Attack On Titan and several others."

"Just finished" and "currently playing" has different meanings to some people, I guess.

Juni Taisen is three years old.
Diamond is Unbreakable finished a while ago, most of these dubs finished a while ago. He was also recast on Bungo Stray Dogs, Digimon, and One Piece. What a terrible blurb. Also, the character he played in Attack on Titan died in Season 1.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

I had to look up who he played in Yuri on Ice, it's legit just a commentator in one episode lmao