• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Clicking the link on the tweet leads to a video of Vig explaining the whole situation with FantasySoft. He then goes on to say "I don't want people raising money in my name."

And it's strange, because there are replies from legit fans of him (from the looks of it) that seem to have connected the dots. But when they point out the Youtubers that have been doing the same, they get dogpiled by, I guess, the Youtuber Stans.

Like, it's expected, because they're fans of Screech & the Youtubers and what not, so they have no actual love for Vig. But for them to pile onto Vig's actual fans seems like a strange strategy.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The point is to attack anyone who questions their overlords, even if it's the fans with the person they supposedly support.

Also a little bit to Gaslight said fans to realize that they're wrong and this sort of fundraising is totally okay. Not a grift at all.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Clicking the link on the tweet leads to a video of Vig explaining the whole situation with FantasySoft. He then goes on to say "I don't want people raising money in my name."

That is an incredible thing for Vig Mignonga to say. If only he held that view from the outset he wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

Oct 8, 2019

And it's strange, because there are replies from legit fans of him (from the looks of it) that seem to have connected the dots. But when they point out the Youtubers that have been doing the same, they get dogpiled by, I guess, the Youtuber Stans.

Like, it's expected, because they're fans of Screech & the Youtubers and what not, so they have no actual love for Vig. But for them to pile onto Vig's actual fans seems like a strange strategy.

I assume its because its proves Kick Vic right about Fantasy Soft. Its not some company that's got like 4 or 5 projects all in the works ready to be Vic's big return to stardom, its some guy who basically gets other people to draw his OCs. Deviantart is absolutely covered with that stuff. If Kick Vic is right about fantasy soft than maybe Kick Vic is right about Vic's chances to appeal the decision, or "gasp" right about Vic himself.

Vic either probably didn't know about it, or allowed it until the guy uploaded a picture of the character Vic was supposed to voice on tee spring sporting an erection in his pants

The guy should have went all the way and claimed that he had Bones Studio agree to do it, and that Seiji Mizushima would be the director, and Sho Aikawa was the writer.

The Next Fullmetal Alchemist baby.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
You all joke but Gonzo is an undead husk of it's former self that will take ANY job nowadays to stay undead.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Holy shit.

So a video shows up in my feed "Sean Schemmel called me to apologize" with a good hearted story about Sean apologizing for being rude to a fan.

The top comment has 1.3 thousand likes and says that Sean did not handle the Vic situation well. All the comments below are from fans saying things like

"well now that we know that Vic is likely innocent thanks to Monica getting exposed"
"Well I'm kickvic but I agree with you, my side did not handle it well"
"Oh wow an intelligent person who is kickvic, why do you still hold onto that position?"

It feels like the mainstream anime fan position is that Vic was mistreated and Monica was dishonest.

My jaw dropped. After reading about the proceedings it's so fucking disheartening to see this.

I'm so sad for Monica.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like the mainstream anime fan position is that Vic was mistreated and Monica was dishonest.

It's really not, the mainstream anime fan position is generally "Vic Who?"

Can guarantee you that that video got called out somewhere on the ISWV side and the trogdolytes immediately went and shit all over the comments.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Holy shit.

So a video shows up in my feed "Sean Schemmel called me to apologize" with a good hearted story about Sean apologizing for being rude to a fan.

The top comment has 1.3 thousand likes and says that Sean did not handle the Vic situation well. All the comments below are from fans saying things like

"well now that we know that Vic is likely innocent thanks to Monica getting exposed"
"Oh wow an intelligent person who is kickvic, why do you still hold onto that position?"

My jaw dropped. After reading about the proceedings it's so fucking disheartening to see this.

I'm so sad for Monica.
When will these guys realize that Vic doesn't care about them and has openly said so
and no, the mainstream anime fan view is not "Vic is innocent"

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit.

I'm so sad for Monica.

I saw similar comments when watching clips of the Ghost Stories dub, where Monica played the girl who was turned into a Christian fanatic. A lot of anime fans online are rotten and it makes me ashamed that it's even a hobby of mine. I hope that one day when this is all done the victims of Vic are able to move on and enjoy what they do.

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit.

I'm so sad for Monica.

I'm not sure in how far youtube comments count as "mainstream", aren't they usually filled with hoards of angry channers?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Holy shit.

I'm so sad for Monica.

Sean somehow getting in touch with a random fan he was rude to apologize (that has me suspicious, but if he did, good on him) equates to Vig being innocent.......how? That's the kind of 5th dimensional leap in logic that is pervasive in a LOT of VigCon videos.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vic's fans are about as far as can get from mainstream anime. Most people you ask about anime voice actors probably wouldn't even know who Chris Sabat was if they're just casual watchers. Vic? Most people wouldn't even know who he was if they watched every single anime he had a part in. At best they might recognize the tell tale sounds of his voice acting but that's not with a name, face or history attached.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen the actual message, but it sounds very "I am an official KickVic member, with a KV club card and get my money from from Soros every month. I think my side (WINK) are wrong about most things. Could you tell me more about our lord and saviour Vig, please?"

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Holy shit.

I'm so sad for Monica.

I saw that video a couple of times in my recommendations and I was assuming that it was a Vig-Stan stroking the flames again.

Sad to see that I wasn't totally off base since the comments are going in that direction.

Those people are really tiring

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Videos that are vaguely related to Vic get shared in alt-right hives like KiwiFarms. The comments then get brigaded by troglodytes, some of which roleplay as the opposite side with the lithe and guile of Steve Buscemi playing a high school student in 30 Rock. It's like astroturfing, but instead of selling a product they're just high fiving each other for owning the libs so hard.

It's like the oldest and lamest move in the alt-right playbook.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen the actual message, but it sounds very "I am an official KickVic member, with a KV club card and get my money from from Soros every month. I think my side (WINK) are wrong about most things. Could you tell me more about our lord and saviour Vig, please?"
xnwPLr.gif

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Vic's fans are about as far as can get from mainstream anime. Most people you ask about anime voice actors probably wouldn't even know who Chris Sabat was if they're just casual watchers. Vic? Most people wouldn't even know who he was if they watched every single anime he had a part in. At best they might recognize the tell tale sounds of his voice acting but that's not with a name, face or history attached.
I'll take this one step further and contend that most ISWV fans aren't even fans of Vic Mignogna's 20+ year body of voice acting work. They know he voiced Broly and Edward and maybe a third character from a property with mainstream appeal (like Kurz Weber or something). But if you asked them to comment on his performance in something like Princess Nine or MADLAX they'd just return your question with a blank stare.

So they're not even fans of Vic, either. They just hopped on this bandwagon to hate on women or Liberals because one of their friends or online media personalities did the exact same thing.

FYI, Sean Schemmel reaching out to a random fan to apologize for being rude is something I could totally see him doing. It's a shame these kinds of things are still getting brigaded in the comments sections but hey, whatever helps these people pass their time.

Oct 25, 2017

All they know about Chris Sabat is "grr stupid unsubstantiated casting couch rumors"
They couldn't tell you various characters he's played outside of DBZ.
Hell, if they paid attention, they would realize that Vic was receiving less and less roles over the years. Now he's getting none because he's a fuckhead.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Beard filed a motion for extension of his reply brief, a week after it was due. You know it's a genuine Beard original, because it has a page 5/4. Which happens to be page 6.

iWannaHat

Jul 1, 2019
How can you fuck up so hard and still be allowed in the building? This is only the most current fuckup by Beard.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I might be being really stupid here, but did Beard get Appelee and Appelant mixed up in his motion for extension? Isn't Vic the Appelant and the Defendants the Appelees?

Edit: Oh, it calls his Cross-Appellee because Marchi + Roye's cross appeal makes them the Cross-Appellants.

Last edited:

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
It's.......it's right there! RIGHT THERE! He's saying it! LOL

It was never to help Vig. NEVER. It was just to make the victims and their supporters upset. (and elevate his shit YT status)

Maybe a few Vic fans will see this and finally realize what a detriment to him this shit show was.

Screech fans are absolutely cheering for this in the comments though. He found his audience and will forever be playing the same tune for them. He's peaked. Congratulations.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
tbh. I'd still love if the GFM was declared as fraudful and he was forced to pay the grifted money back to all the idiots who donated in the first place.

Just imagine the hilarity. Nick being forced to pay back money he doesn't have, Ty (of course) refusing to give him the money because "he honestly worked for that" and Vic being all "You assholes told me i wouldn't have to pay anything".

Tbh... i'd almost consider paying to watch this clusterfuck.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
This is what happens when internet lawyers convince someone to take a bad case from a bad lawyer.

I'd be more sympathetic towards Vig if the mfer didn't deserve everything he got.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good way to find your posts from a specific thread? This thread gets bumped so weirdly often that I feel like I should catch up from wherever I left off.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what Vic is thinking in all this. He has to realize he's basically gotten conned at this point, right?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what Vic is thinking in all this. He has to realize he's basically gotten conned at this point, right?

Vig and Screech had a very public falling out not long after the dismissals. Screech wanted Vig back on the stream and Vig basically ghosted him, Twitter posts are somewhere about 57 miles upthread.

Vig does seem happy to keep Ty Beard, Incompetent Attorney at Law on the case, though.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Vig and Screech had a very public falling out not long after the dismissals. Screech wanted Vig back on the stream and Vig basically ghosted him, Twitter posts are somewhere about 57 miles upthread.

Vig does seem happy to keep Ty Beard, Incompetent Attorney at Law on the case, though.
Yeah, that's when BFL said "Vic couldn't cut it as a cop because he wouldn't shoot black people".

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a look at the Threadnought to see if I missed anything. Apparently I missed this calm and collected lady who, in a totally rational fashion, explains why she feels #KickVic are in the wrong. She seems nice.