• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Oh goodie.

The Medium is now running positive stories about Vig without citing the situation surrounding him.

medium.com

More Than Just a Number

Impressions from hosting Vic Mignogna at our convention
Medium isn't a journal, it's a publication platform. Anyone can publish stories on there, but they're not visible to everyone unless you share the link or tag the hell out of it to promote it. This has no more bearing on anything than a random blog post or twitter thread.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
Medium isn't a journal, it's a publication platform. Anyone can publish stories on there, but they're not visible to everyone unless you share the link or tag the hell out of it to promote it. This has no more bearing on anything than a random blog post or twitter thread.

Oh, I didn't know this. They don't pay for content? What are their publication standards?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Wow I didn't know that. Only even talk because of popped up on my Google feed and I just sighed when I saw it.

Been a while since I read this thread and it sad how far people are willing to defend this one man. At least most Cons are doing the right thing of not allowing him to come. Lastly no Vic stans have come to convention protesting so it only been online pettiness. There was this one Devientart blog post that was making a list of people who support kickvic but hopefully it got reported enough to get removed. The real kicker is the post on who they think supports Vic.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I didn't know this. They don't pay for content? What are their publication standards?
They don't have publication standards because they're not a news organization. It's literally just a platform in the same way blogspot, WordPress, etc. are but with less personalization. When I was in journalism school, every student had to publish their reporting assignments on Medium just cuz it was the easiest way for professors to view them. If you wanted to, you could sign up right now and create a story about how Vig is a big loser and it would have no more importance or spotlight than the above article.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Been a while since I read this thread and it sad how far people are willing to defend this one man. At least most Cons are doing the right thing of not allowing him to come. Lastly no Vic stans have come to convention protesting so it only been online pettiness.

Don't even know what's there to fight about.

It's over, he's done, the man is radioactive, nobody reputable would ever work with him.

Most Anime fans don't even like dub.

Don't even know what's there to fight about.

It's over, he's done, the man is radioactive, nobody reputable would ever work with him.

Most Anime fans don't even like dub.
I suspect there 2 type of people who are still on this.
1. The typical person who believes in accusations are never true and happe to be anime fans.
2. Alt-right jump on this cause it a white man being attacked.

I also suspect the alt-right made it worse in a way that Vic can't come back from.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oh goodie.

The Medium is now running positive stories about Vig without citing the situation surrounding him.

medium.com

More Than Just a Number

This isn't exactly a new development. If you're a Vic cultist drinking the Kool-Aid whose sole purpose on the planet is to further Rekieta's grifting capital and curate others into your "Vic is oppressed like me" circle, Medium has a home for you. It's just a blogging site... albeit one with built-in outreach scripts.

I also suspect the alt-right made it worse in a way that Vic can't come back from.
Vic is a prop for these people. A means to an end. That's all he is.

Mignogna genuinely believes he's a victim from these incidents that had been tactfully buried and moved past over a stretch of 15+ years prior to coming back from the dead and sniping his career last year but he only became a victim in truth once the alt-right sank their teeth into him and permanently toxified him to the industry.

Very few people that show up to his convention appearances now would have done so prior to the Vic allegations coming out and there's a reason for that. These aren't affronted Vic fans... these are "fans" for whom Vic's "victimhood" is his sole appealing quality.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They don't have publication standards because they're not a news organization. It's literally just a platform in the same way blogspot, WordPress, etc. are but with less personalization. When I was in journalism school, every student had to publish their reporting assignments on Medium just cuz it was the easiest way for professors to view them. If you wanted to, you could sign up right now and create a story about how Vig is a big loser and it would have no more importance or spotlight than the above article.

Right, saying "the Medium" makes as much sense as saying "the Tumblr". It's just a site you can post articles on.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh goodie.

medium.com

More Than Just a Number

medium is basically a blog host. The article author is a Vig stan and has posted pro-Vic posts before and is I guess on staff at Kitchenercon? Makes sense. All connects. Vig stans keep stanning.
Edit: weird, browser wasn't showing anything after this post, didn't realize this had already been covered lol sorry. Dead horse.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Nah It's all good. Like I said I didn't realize Medium was a blog site. I deserve the dead horse beating.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Another month... another chance to go "I'm just going to drop this here"...

Our favorite Medium blogger did not have themselves a good Friday the 13th.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada

This twitter thread is amazing. This clown trying to deny being the KiwiFarms poster, only for the owner of KF himself confirming that they are in fact the same person should make it into the Vic Stan Greatest Hits album.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
'Vic praised the doxxer on Doug TenNapel's stream' is one of those things that you maybe don't expect to see, but once you see it are not really surprised about

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if COVIC-0-17 or Typhoid Mignogna, but mingling with a bunch of people during a pandemic seems like a bad idea.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
So I was browsing Greg's Threadnought and, uh, did anyone else notice the recent developments involving Chuck Huber? I can't make heads or tails of it -- something involving Ty Beard and divorce settlements -- but the relevant details start here.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Holy fuck this was a pretty amazing read. Still laughing my ass off at Cress denying with all their might only to have the owner of that place confirm it was them anyway.

giphy.gif

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Odd that I got no alerts, even though I have this thread on Watch. Looking forward to skimming the analysis once he finishes.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...realizing I never finished his analysis of the last bit of stuff either. Guess I have a lot to dig into tomorrow.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Rather fascinating reading through these. Apparently Dunford's analysis of Beard's appeal was rather spot on.

It is almost as if the entire case was shit and was brought on by a shit lawyer, and people probably shouldn't be listening to drunken Youtube rants for legal advice.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
"Just as in the trial court below, Appellee Marchi struggles to respond to Appellant's allegations because they can scarcely be said to exist in the first place."

My favorite take away. Freakin lol

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Going in they probably thought this case was going to be easy money. Instead it's pretty much destroyed their firm.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
bN8O8HH.png

Touching is such a perfect word. Considering the whole mess started because he couldn't stop touching.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
bN8O8HH.png

Touching is such a perfect word. Considering the whole mess started because he couldn't stop touching.

If Vicstans still actually cared about Vic, they could listen to his words themselves. They wouldn't need to get it curated through a monetized Youtube channel. But I understand, money is tight in these unsure times. So keep using him to stir the pot and provide clickbait titles to get them views.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
To the surprise of no one but Vic Stans:

...well, admittedly, I'm actually a little surprised Vic came out and said it.

The stans don't care, they're still defending FS because they supported the ISWV bowel movement. Doesn't matter to them that they used Vic and their shitty movement for money and clout.

Oct 8, 2019
The stans don't care, they're still defending FS because they supported the ISWV bowel movement. Doesn't matter to them that they used Vic and their shitty movement for money and clout.

This is a group of people who seriously thought that Toei was going to end a 25 year relationship with Funimation because they liked Vic so much.

I also have created a story with characters, and dream of having an anime made of that story, but I also understand that I probably will never write down more than a few pages of that story. To me its just a world to have fun creating, and thinking up wild and crazy things. I am not going around announcing "Hey I am making an anime in Japan, which will get 7 seasons and 91 episodes".

"Hey I paid someone to create a shirtless image of my main character and am now selling it on Teespring, next step a 13 episode series by Bones Studio"

"After 6 months I got enough money to put out a short comic that will totally lead to an anime series." The only chance this guy has to make an anime based on his work is if the guy puts out a novel that catches on and sells like a million copies. His never going to have some anime producer look at him and go "Oh wow this guy has a patreon that makes a 150 dollars a month, his got a couple of images, and designs, and his put out like 3 comics over a number of years. Time to call up the investors and go all in"