• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Chupp probably does have some sympathy for Vic given his legal team, but I'm betting that the sanctions is going to be trickier to decide since his attorney was dumb enough to say "no sanctions are going to stop me!!!" in an actual legal motion.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
This bit interests me most

I'm not a lawyer, can Chupp just have a hearing about Beard's actions and sanction Beard as a result of that?

if so I wonder if he's leaning towards light sanctions for Vic because of that?

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This bit interests me most

I'm not a lawyer, can Chupp just have a hearing about Beard's actions and sanction Beard as a result of that?

if so I wonder if he's leaning towards light sanctions for Vic because of that?

I've read a couple of tweets that he's essentially invited a motion for a hearing on Beard's conduct. He didn't want to hear anything about the GFM or Screech's YouTube channel, because that's factually irrelevant to the case between Vig and the defendants, but I'm sure he'll be open to all of those details in a hearing of that nature.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I've read a couple of tweets that he's essentially invited a motion for a hearing on Beard's conduct. He didn't want to hear anything about the GFM or Screech's YouTube channel, because that's factually irrelevant to the case between Vig and the defendants, but I'm sure he'll be open to all of those details in a hearing of that nature.

They SO should have learned from law twitter instead of mocking and attacking them.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
QJC3X5MQPFGJ3HHGH3M6ZL4TTY.jpg

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

Reading this, I think I see where the defense's argument fell apart: they claimed Vic conspired with Rekieta over the GoFundMe despite how completely oblivious he was towards his own lawsuit. (As we all just witnessed.)

I'm no lawyer, so I have no idea how they've could've gone about the "Vic didn't pay a cent thanks to the GFM, so we should sanction him for that and more" angle, but at the very least I'm content knowing a sexual predator lost his case -- with the added bonus of finally recognizing how boned he is.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there's no doubt Vic got absolutely fucked over by Rakeita's weaponization of the campaign, and Percy was 100% complicit (and should be held accountable for that), but I'm not losing any tears over a sexual predator getting fucked over. They all deserve each other.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
New filings, in which Plaintiff respond to defendants motion for sanctions & fee's, and show themselves to... well... Mike is currently livetweeting. It's an interesting mix of some fine parts and some arguments that seem to be sub-beard levels of not understanding law and procedures:

Also hearing is in about one hour. Seems @estockbridge and @bentwhee will be attending. Not sure if they will be live tweeting. Will update when hearing gets started and/if I find someone who is.

My client should not pay sanctions because even if he does he's still going to file frivolous lawsuits in the future.... lmao

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
as far as Plaintiff sanctions? Yes. I believe questions of attorney sanctions come later? I'm not sure on that part but it's what I gathered.

I thought we would just get Chupps ruling on sanctions & fees today?

Edit: I guess not.

Edit 2: Ok this is funny (the perjuring is Vig saying he was never involved in a lawsuit before, he was):

This case just keeps getting dumber at every level.

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I thought we would just get Chupps ruling on sanctions & fees today?

Edit: I guess not.

Edit 2: Ok this is funny (the perjuring is Vig saying he was never involved in a lawsuit before, he was):

This case just keeps getting dumber at every level.

edit: Guess I should've refreshed first. Vic commented on never being in litigation before (although he has), might have something to do with that.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You see the story about the RoosterTeeth VP who beat his wife?

What grossed me out the most is people trying to say RoosterTeeth has a double standard because they terminated Vic or this is some karmic backlash for it.

Or more egregious is claiming the wife "is a real victim" and are using her to shame those who accused Vic.

I just want to barf.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
You see the story about the RoosterTeeth VP who beat his wife?

What grossed me out the most is people trying to say RoosterTeeth has a double standard because they terminated Vic or this is some karmic backlash for it.

Or more egregious is claiming the wife "is a real victim" and are using her to shame those who accused Vic.

I just want to barf.

That is a horrible story, but anyone trying to link anything should just kinda fuck off.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
"The 57-year-old voice actor was careful with his words but mostly came across as authentic."

And that's the reason he was able to sexually harass/assault women and have sex with minors. Because he's a convincing sleezebag when he wants to be one.

You can't tell me he didn't know all the shit Nick did.
Him saying he had no influence on Nick is a blatant lie. He just didn't give a shit about it, because it's not him who's the target.

In Vics world there is only space for Vic. Nobody else matters. It's only about his needs. Has been for over 30 years now.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Wow they better not be starting to get sympathetic towards Vic.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/com...e-case-that-he-didnt-file-case-for-vengeance/

People are going to use any article that makes him sound good as evidence that Marchi and the others are the bad people.

This is what a journalist is supposed to do though.

She witnessed events and reported on them.

She doesn't owe us anything. She owes the truth of what she witnessed.

And sometime that truth is going to be off.

Truth is that Vic is charming and sincere seeming, that's why he got away with his shit for 20+ years.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
The delay in Chupp's ruling because he wants to review testimony is likely not going to be good for Vic, and perhaps more so if he was doing his best "bamboozled by these tricksy folks" routine on the stand while perjuring himself and being found to have tried to squirrel away his house in trust in front of the judge.

I think Doucette is right and the defendants' attorneys are likely to get a bit of a haircut on their fees, but I suspect Vic's performance may come back to haunt him if Chupp feels he was attempting to play him, so decent sanctions might still be in play.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is what a journalist is supposed to do though.

She witnessed events and reported on them.

She doesn't owe us anything. She owes the truth of what she witnessed.

And sometime that truth is going to be off.

Truth is that Vic is charming and sincere seeming, that's why he got away with his shit for 20+ years.

yep, all of that. Let's all remember Grigsby's reporting has been honest and straightforward on everything leading up to this. She's reporting in good faith.

and remember her article was prior to Chupp's filing on his review of testimony in evidence . her follow up on ruling will be interesting, I'm sure.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Lol the usually ISWV dimwits on Twitter are all rallying around some rumour from KF that Chupp is asking the defence lawyers for unredacted bills and that's the real reason for the delay, not this testimony thing.

Which is stupid for multiple reasons
1) He'd just say that.
2) The defence already submitted unredacted bills to Chupp before the hearing.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Why Yakuza would side with Vig confuses me. The path of least resistance is a straight line right through his head, and like a friend of mine used to say, "the squeaky wheel gets greased". If Yakuza were involved and wanted this to go away, getting rid of Vig would be the quickest and most efficient method.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Why Yakuza would side with Vig confuses me. The path of least resistance is a straight line right through his head, and like a friend of mine used to say, "the squeaky wheel gets greased". If Yakuza were involved and wanted this to go away, getting rid of Vig would be the quickest and most efficient method.
I think the ISWV conspiracy theory on that was that Toei or one of the other Japanese companies had ties to the Yakuza and that they were pissed about kickvic "bringing down the name of anime" or some horse shit like that.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza is pretty good.

Anime Hague is way better.

like, the leap from "the Japanese company is angry" to "the Yakuza will get you" is fucking ridiculous but at least I see where it starts from

so the leap involved with "these FALSE ACCUSORS are actually TERRORISTS" is much much more hilariously wild