• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo dumb question, anyone have that screenshot where it more or less shows Vic as an ADR role and it has his side girlfriend/the younger girl he cheated with/proves he had a fucking casting couch if anything?
Showing a twitter asshat that his precious Vic isnt a good person.( hell that anime release was around the time he was still engaged to his fiance he was cheating on.
NVM, found the anime, Juno taisen or something.

Last edited:

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I know that tone and humour can be hard to read through text but... damn. Really? She used a gif of a literal evil witch cackling and people are STILL taking this tweet seriously?
They took her tweet about her and Dominique running Funi's HR department seriously. They'll believe anything as long as it benefits their side.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Oh man, the salt levels in these responses guys.

Dear lord.

Glorious! I love her so much.

The guys talking about becoming pirates remind me of this.

DkE4XG_W0AAVeEe.jpg

They're so full of shit.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
She couldn't be more sarcastic if she wanted to be and yet these idiots take everything at face value. How dumb can they be?
I wouldn't quite go as far as to say they're dumb. At the risk of making judgments about people I don't know, as someone who raised a kid/teen on the spectrum, he was almost completely unable to detect sarcasm, in person or on the net, and took almost everything quite literally. If he read that tweet, it would absolutely rile him up. That's one of the reasons you have to be careful with obsessive fandoms.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't quite go as far as to say they're dumb. At the risk of making judgments about people I don't know, as someone who raised a kid/teen on the spectrum, he was almost completely unable to detect sarcasm, in person or on the net, and took almost everything quite literally. If he read that tweet, it would absolutely rile him up. That's one of the reasons you have to be careful with obsessive fandoms.

That is a lot of people though...

Also:

http:///n3Jd.png

Jamie agrees with me! haha.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
You don't really get on the side of ISWV as a result of expertise, really. Not even the people running the grift knew what they were doing.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I've said it before and I will say it again. These grifters pretty much thought that movies and TV were documentaries when it came to how big businesses handle lawsuits.

They figured they would file a suit against FUNimation, FUNimation would immediately settle, BIG MONEY.

Instead they hit a whammy.

giphy.gif

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I've said it before and I will say it again. These grifters pretty much thought that movies and TV were documentaries when it came to how big businesses handle lawsuits.

They figured they would file a suit against FUNimation, FUNimation would immediately settle, BIG MONEY.

giphy.gif

To be fair, most companies would rather settle than be dragged into a long court battle. Especially if it's a case that makes them look bad even if they win.

That said, there was no way Funi was going to settle since this case was a loser and they were within their right not to hire Vic again once his previous contracts were finished. The best Vic had was deframent against other VAs and those who say he did wrongdoing, but Funi had nothing to do with that.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
To be fair, most companies would rather settle than be dragged into a long court battle. Especially if it's a case that makes them look bad even if they win.

That said, there was no way Funi was going to settle since this case was a loser and they were within their right not to hire Vic again once his previous contracts were finished. The best Vic had was deframent against other VAs and those who say he did wrongdoing, but Funi had nothing to do with that.

Actually most companies fight it to the end unless there is a legit chance of something worse could be unearthed in discovery or the cost of the lawsuit would be higher than the settlement.

We hear about all the big settlements in the news because they are rare, not because they are common.

Only things that tend to settle before trial is personal injury lawsuits, and that is because it's usually more expensive to go to trial, than just pay the asking price.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Yeah it's like they think that not only is the Always Sunny courtroom episode accurate to how courts work, they think it's the only time a court has been portrayed accurately on television. And probably also that Mac should have, uh, done a few more new Lethal Weapon movies, let's say.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

giphy.gif
Probably thought Percy had the same kind of "luck" as Michael Larson

Screen-Shot-2016-07-29-at-3.24.57-PM.png

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
KF: hey this case that LOLemonhead cited shows it's ridiculous to ever get $450k in sanctions from a TCPA!

Everyone else:

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
They filed a notice for the appeal.

Oh. my. god.

HaygoodLaw is an appellate lawyer in Texas. He broke it down a bit, how this process works.

lupe121283

Oct 31, 2017
welp, time for the #istandwithvic to spread misinformation about the appeal process and ask to donate for the GoFundMe

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
This whole trial has just been one big self inflicted game of "stop hitting yourself" for Vic and he's decided he wants more? Like unless he's a masochist, I really don't see how he hasn't figured out by now that he's been scammed and the best thing for him at this point is to just turn in the towel. Instead he's just bringing more humilation to himself and more death threats to all of his victims.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
Of all the stupidity involved with Ty Beard. Him having a premature Appelation is the least surprising one.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
This whole trial has just been one big self inflicted game of "stop hitting yourself" for Vic and he's decided he wants more? Like unless he's a masochist, I really don't see how he hasn't figured out by now that he's been scammed and the best thing for him at this point is to just turn in the towel. Instead he's just bringing more humilation to himself and more death threats to all of his victims.
The way I figure the only reason he's appealing at this point is either because they have convinced him to and he fell for their crap again, or he's really really hoping to lower the amount he'll have to pay them and even prevent it from happening.

LOL just when you thought they couldn't be anymore incompetent, they pull this shit.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... they're gonna at least co-counsel with actual appellate attorneys this time right? Right??? I mean they could still grift and at least not be a fucking embarrassment this time if they did that.

Of course they won't do it though.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
EHrU70NXYAAv3CT.png

You know, if Lemoine broke the law when he sent that message he'd be a criminal. checkmate athiers, that boy was albert beethoven.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Either Vic is very gullible and believes Nick/Ty when they tell him that they only lost because the judge was cheating or whatever their excuse is and legitimately thinks he can win an appeal, or he's VERY very desperate and sees the appeal as his last-ditch attempt to get out of paying a very large sum of money which is both humiliating and financially-crippling, even to people of means like the Clan Mignogna.

Excited to find out which it is!

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

I honestly don't think he's following his own case. I mean, he didn't even show up in court outside of the meditation and didn't know the amount of damages he wanted.