• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to mention, I noticed another detail yesterday that I think is interesting but don't know the significance of.

First, from Vic's affidavit. I've taken the liberty of changing the order and bolding the two highest values. Since this could suggest at the damages he's owed I suppose he has a motive to lie (although I'd think it would make more sense to compare this year to last year and see how much he's been hurt, and it's still way less than a million).

17. I have appeared at a number of conventions in 2019. They are listed
below, along with the amounts I earned at each (all amounts rounded
down to the nearest thousand dollars):

a. Kamehacon - $37,000
f. Anime Matsuri - $30,000

k. Bubba Fest - $17,000
i. Liberty - $14,000
b. Savannah - $13,000
h. Ireland - $12,000
j. Jacksonville NC - $12,000
d. Puerto Rico - $11,000
c. Central PA - $5,000
e. BakAnime - $5,000
g. Super World Con - $5,000

I know pretty much nothing about cons but the first two I recognize. Kamehacon is the one that tried to drop Vic and then added him back, and it's the one whose staff member's affidavit Percy is relying on to demonstrate that the defendants actually did interfere with a contract. As for Anime Matsuri, the manager there has been accused of sexual harassment.

You'll also notice there's a big drop after these two where the value he earns is halved, and then there's a gradual drop until it halves again after Puerto Rico. I don't know how things like cancellation and venue sizes fit into these numbers.

There's also this from Adam Sheehan's affidavit.

8. Mignogna would frequently attend less prestigious conventions, because he could dictate terms and because less powerful conversions would have less power to curb his misbehavior. For example, there is a convention in Houston called Anime Matsuri that has a bad reputation and has allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct. I try to avoid sending any of the talents that I work with to this convention.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
So I am curious, so pretty much everyone at Funimation knew of Mignogna behavior and did nothing, voice actors and suits alike? Or at least that is the accusation right?

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
That Twitter account seems to be a parody of all the alt-right leeches that glomp onto any recent controversy for attention, money and to stick it to the Libs/SJWs.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
So I am curious, so pretty much everyone at Funimation knew of Mignogna behavior and did nothing, voice actors and suits alike? Or at least that is the accusation right?
Yes and no. Vic's support seems to have come from the top so it's possible that a lot of them wanted to do something but couldn't. There was some kind of physical support measure to keep him from harassing other members of the staff (the "Vic locks").

Then Sean Schemmel made some video about him (just dragged it out, haven't actually seen it yet):

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Yes and no. Vic's support seems to have come from the top so it's possible that a lot of them wanted to do something but couldn't. There was some kind of physical support measure to keep him from harassing other members of the staff (the "Vic locks").

That is disturbing as fuck if that true.

Oct 25, 2017

Then Sean Schemmel made some video about him (just dragged it out, haven't actually seen it yet):

Haha damn. I saw one before where he was getting angrier and angrier at the ADR director. Didn't see this one.
EDIT: Okay the ADR director scene is in the video. Kip Mangina.

I'm assuming Vic Stans are citing this as "evidence" he was bullied.

Probably the same audience that cries crocodile tears over Alec Baldwin making fun of Trump on SNL.
They can't stand when the people they "like" are parodied. But they'll be happy if some stupid "lib" get parodied. Or something. They have no standards...

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
When will this lolsuit end

Hearing on Friday. Then if lawtwitter is correct, the judge has 30 days to decide whether TCPA applies. That date is a Sunday, so effectively there should be some actual news on the 7th of October.

Then comes appeals.

Edit:

Tomorrow is defendants filing their answers to Percy's pile of words.

Oct 26, 2017

Ugh, this video is from ISWV account. I hate giving this guy views.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Should I take it down? I tried looking up "vic is a pedophile" because I think Chuck Huber gave a title along those lines, but looking that up on YouTube goes as expected.

Fingers crossed Vic loses. it's like inevitable at this point..I hope
I personally haven't been worried about that since Greg started posting. I didn't think Vic was in the position to win before the lawsuit, and I hadn't even considered more specific stuff like anti-SLAPP. Once it became clear that the initial vaguities in the case wasn't a sign that they had a trick up their sleeve but because they genuinely weren't bright enough to put in the details, I had to go "oh, so it actually is as dumb as I thought it would be."

Eraser Head

Aug 22, 2019
Oregon

I generally open videos from accounts that I suspect are Anti-SJW/Alt-Right/any type of -gate movement using incognito mode, that way Youtube's algorithm doesn't suggest more videos from similar channels. I also have the Video Blocker app for Google Chrome so these channels won't appear at all on my recommendations.

Fingers crossed Vic loses. it's like inevitable at this point..I hope

I've been kind of worried as well. More about whether the judge will be sympathetic towards him (if he doesn't like the #metoo movement or buys that Vic was fired/persecuted because he was a conservative christian). Percy has bungled this case at every available opportunity, but he could get lucky depending on the judge's views. Despite talk of Texas potentially turning blue, it is still largely a conservative state.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I've been kind of worried as well. More about whether the judge will be sympathetic towards him (if he doesn't like the #metoo movement or buys that Vic was fired/persecuted because he was a conservative christian). Percy has bungled this case at every available opportunity, but he could get lucky depending on the judge's views. Despite talk of Texas potentially turning blue, it is still largely a conservative state.

I don't think this has seemed to be a huge concern.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
If anything the judge seems like a "no bullshit" kind of judge, and considering Beard's filings are brimming with bullshit I think he'll have very little patience for their case.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The StandWithVic supporters are pretty disgusting in that they don't actually defend Vic from what he is accused of, sexual harassment, but instead go uses 'they're just as bad' defense. Even odder that they seem to only focused on Funi and not the other dubbing companies like Viz that isn't hiring anymore either because of what he has been accused of.

That and I'm not sure how saying stupid and insensitive things in outtakes (although Sean should apologized for using the F word even if there was no malice behind it) from ten years ago are comparable to sexual assault that happened recently and over a long period of time if the accusations are to be believed.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vic winning would be catastrophic for the anime community. The alt-right polyps that are already unfortunately fairly prevalent in this medium would be beaming with empowerment over their "victory" against the evil SJWs.

He. Needs. To lose.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The conditions for him winning aren't there. He has to prove negatives basically.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
For the record, have we pointed out the irony in Vic Stans dismissing every other affidavit/accusation as not being evidence, yet they have no qualms in taking this responses's testimonies at their word?

Going by their own standards, where's the evidence FUNimation had casting couches? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Erik Zarkov

Dec 4, 2017
After you-know-who's victory in 2016, it's hard to feel like anything's "in the bag" nowadays.

I can see where you'd be worried. Perhaps some things to help ease your mind. First, since this got filed, there has been lawyer after lawyer tearing this thing apart by it's flaws. And there are so many. so many where the lawyers are having to explain how this helps the defense, how something else proves Vic is public figure, that Vic's probably perjured himself. That the additional affidavits filed seem to help the Defendants rather than Vic, even if they were trying to help Vic. This filing is going to be treated as four days late, it's signed and dated the day after it was due, the meta data shows the file was being edited up to the point they finally sent it, and the affidavits sent are all signed on the same day, the last day, leaving people to believe those signatures might be faked.

But if none of that helps, may I directly you to some rock hard evidence, cited in Exhibit __ of

Xenotome

Aug 31, 2019
Has Chuck been a sleeper agent this entire time awaiting the keyword from Funimation to blow up the shriveled remains of Vic's case?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind Vic's case was absolutely not a guaranteed loss, nor was a potential case against funimation.

Something even Greg has acknowledged.

It's just that Ty has so completely fucked Vic's case form start to finish that he now can never recover from it.

So in a way it's a blessing he went for this guy.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain what this means, and why LawTwitter is having a good time with it?

This was in one of the comments:

"I think the tl;dr is that hes noticed peppme pointing out that he changed the theory of his case in the response to the MTD, which is a no-no. His attempt to fix that is to amend his original complaint so they match Problem with that is that the time to do such has long passed. "

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain what this means, and why LawTwitter is having a good time with it?

Beard has apparently decided to try to fix the deficiencies in his case (and the fact that his TCPA response completely changes his theory of what occurred) by amending his initial petition for a second time.

Texas is usually pretty open to amending and supplementing, but not this close to a major hearing. It violates one of their rules of civil procedure:

The hearing on the TCPA (which, for the purposes of this rule, qualifies as a trial) is in four days. So Ty is not allowed to amend his pleadings, including the petition, at this time without the judge's permission. There's basically zero chance he got that permission, so this whole document will inevitably get slapped down.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
So I saw the thumbnail of a video regarding some DBZ leaks or something and how Sabat and crew were just as bad as Vic. What was that about? A quick tldr would be appreciated.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
So I saw the thumbnail of a video regarding some DBZ leaks or something and how Sabat and crew were just as bad as Vic. What was that about? A quick tldr would be appreciated.
Not relevant to this thread beyond the fact Nick leaked them but they were some audio recordings from almost 20 years ago where they said some offensive stuff in character. It most definitely does not prove they were "just as bad as Vic" as none of the audio shows them sexually harassing teens.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vic stans found a blooper reel from 2002 where some DBZ voice actors swear and make crude sex jokes after flubbing their lines. ChiChi's VA jokes about having sex with Gohan (her character's son). Goku's VA blurted out the f** word (gay slur) about a dozen times in a row. That one's probably the only one demanding any sort of apology, and Goku's VA has allegedly apologized for it a few times since 2002, and probably will again (because he's apparently NOT a huge asshole).

Vic stans think that this vindicates Vic sexually harassing/assaulting his co-workers. I mean, they get to make sex jokes with each other, but all Vic does is grab the back of a woman's hair and yank it downward, and people contact HR and try to get him fired. Totally unfair, right?

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If you have to go back 20 years just to find something offensive to "both sides" the current situation, you're fighting a losing battle

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Not relevant to this thread beyond the fact Nick leaked them but they were some audio recordings from almost 20 years ago where they said some offensive stuff in character. It most definitely does not prove they were "just as bad as Vic" as none of the audio shows them sexually harassing teens.
Vic stans found a blooper reel from 2002 where some DBZ voice actors swear and make crude sex jokes after flubbing their lines. ChiChi's VA jokes about having sex with Gohan (her character's son). Goku's VA blurted out the f** word (gay slur) about a dozen times in a row. That one's probably the only one demanding any sort of apology, and Goku's VA has allegedly apologized for it a few times since 2002, and probably will again (because he's apparently NOT a huge asshole).

Vic stans think that this vindicates Vic sexually harassing/assaulting his co-workers. I mean, they get to make sex jokes with each other, but all Vic does is grab the back of a woman's hair and yank it downward, and people contact HR and try to get him fired. Totally unfair, right?
Ah, okay. Thanks!

Yeah, shit gets said in blooper reels, but it's definitely not the same as being a sexual abuser. It's crazy that people would try to make one seem equally as bad as the other.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
So far have only seen it mentioned by Greg. By the sound of the other comments he cites, maybe these are comments from the filing? I assume we will find out soon.