• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but stuff similar to this has generally been known, right? It was my understanding that Vic has long been a a known quantity who was not being dealt with by anyone who had the power to do so, and so efforts were made to protect women instead by trying to help them avoid him. It's also been known that he's preyed on underage girls even before he was a voice actor.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I'd heard the rumors about Vic harassing a big Japanese name at a con many years ago, but had no idea it was Mari Ijima and how far it went.

No hole is deep enough to throw Vic into.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but stuff similar to this has generally been known, right? It was my understanding that Vic has long been a a known quantity who was not being dealt with by anyone who had the power to do so, and so efforts were made to protect women instead by trying to help them avoid him. It's also been known that he's preyed on underage girls even before he was a voice actor.

Right, the whole "broken stair" syndrome. Since cons up until this year valued the draw of a big name rather than protecting their staff and con-goers, it was up to the folks behind the scenes who knew Vic was a serial harasser to try to keep everyone safe within the confines of their authority.

Sad, really, especially coming out of that Twitter thread where the same con banned him twice, only to bring him back after 2-3 years and have him immediately return to his standard (read: harassing and pedophilia) behaviors.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Can I just point out we're nearing a million views on a thread revolving around an anime VA? That this has dragged out for this long, to this extent of court drama and money grifting is mind-boggling.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit at that Twitter thread.

All of us who didn't take these stories about this creep over the years a lot more seriously have a lot to be ashamed of.

Fuck Vic hardcore.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
He stalked a Japanese guest, then proceeded to go find 14 year old groupies to creep on. Wow. Wow wow wow wow.

Like at this point, that there's still shit like this coming out, I'm beginning to think rehabilitation for him was never possible. I can only imagine what else this case will dredge up.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Like at this point, that there's still shit like this coming out, I'm beginning to think rehabilitation for him was never possible.

I didn't believe it because he was never in any way unaware of what he was doing:

Last summer, voice actor Vic Mignogna went into a booth with a few others to record audio for a video game. At one point, Mignogna asked the client, who was overseeing the session, if she was okay with his performance. When she didn't answer right away, he followed up with: "You know the old Latin—or is it Greek? There's an axiom that says: Silence gives consent."

"If I'm a jerk and you don't tell me so, then you're consenting to me being a jerk. See how that works?" he said. "If somebody is doing something you don't approve of and you don't say anything...the implication is that you must be okay with it."

And I missed this point until right now, but he was hiding his behaviour from his fiancee:

My 12-year relationship [and] engagement to Vic Mignogna ended in May 2018. Very soon after, information about Vic's previously unknown behavior began to surface, and has continued to do so over the last several months—each revelation more shocking and painful than the previous, spanning the entirety of our time together. I have had to face the reality that the loving, monogamous relationship I believed in and was devoted to never existed.

This pattern of egregious behavior is so linked to his position of power that the voices of those stepping forward with allegations need to be heard clearly, and their claims taken with the utmost seriousness. And I extend whatever remains of my broken heart to every one of them.

All quotes from

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The claims against Vic dates as far back as 1989!!!!:

PLYvB2E.png

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How does Vic even have the money to afford a lawsuit like this? I didn't think a VA would make enough money to risk doing this.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is that a new document? On as a development in the case I don't think there's much there, just a pretty comprehensive list of why this isn't substantial as defamation.

I notice that it both says it should be summarily dismissed and requests a jury trial. How's that work? Is it to ensure that the jury trial happens if it isn't killed on the spot?

excerptg8kt0.png

excerpt21uj1c.png

EDIT: Ah, seems to be fairly old then.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that a new document? On as a development in the case I don't think there's much there, just a pretty comprehensive list of why this isn't substantial as defamation.

I notice that it both says it should be summarily dismissed and requests a jury trial. How's that work? Is it to ensure that the jury trial happens if it isn't killed on the spot?

Here's where I found a link to that:

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He stalked a Japanese guest, then proceeded to go find 14 year old groupies to creep on. Wow. Wow wow wow wow.

Like at this point, that there's still shit like this coming out, I'm beginning to think rehabilitation for him was never possible. I can only imagine what else this case will dredge up.
He probably tried something on mari before this incident as looking at it ADV cast him as the main lead at macross dub and mari Iijima reprised her role on the english version so she prolly knows whats up

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Racist lawyer ran a GoFundMe, raised $180,000 for Vic so far.

For Vic? Or for the lawyers?

The more I hear about this, the more it seems like the lawyers found a gullible idiot who couldn't behave and they convinced him that if he gave them lots of money his problems would go away.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For Vic? Or for the lawyers?

The more I hear about this, the more it seems like the lawyers found a gullible idiot who couldn't behave and they convinced him that if he gave them lots of money his problems would go away.
For Vic's lawyers. Whatever wasn't spent in court was supposed to "go to charity," but that's not happening with how roundaboutedly incompetent Beard is.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Some corroboration from con staff at the time.

That's not Con Staff, that's the voice of Toji from Evangelion, Gai from Nadeisico, Kamina from Gurren Lagann.

I'm fucking angry at this revelation. Who knew how this guy may have affected Mari and how her fans may have been robbed of the opportunity to meet her due to the experience.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Can I just point out we're nearing a million views on a thread revolving around an anime VA? That this has dragged out for this long, to this extent of court drama and money grifting is mind-boggling.

Usually people drag out cases like these because they know they don't really have a case and just want to make it hard on the opposition

Which is weird in this case because he's the fucking plaintiff

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's not Con Staff, that's the voice of Toji from Evangelion, Gai from Nadeisico, Kamina from Gurren Lagann.

I'm fucking angry at this revelation. Who knew how this guy may have affected Mari and how her fans may have been robbed of the opportunity to meet her due to the experience.
Oh jeez, didn't realize that was him. Fuck Vic.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of shit to throw the old guard under the bus. We know they weren't lying because of the number of witness accounts, including a voice actor unaffiliated with the convention, line up.