• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm not a Full Metal Alchemist fan jist never really watched it. But considering what I know of Vic
.. I bet he's never watched it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Good on Dominique Skye for coming out with this. The threats are in private because they know they damage their reputation if seen in public.

Although in this case, they shouldn't have any goodwill to begin with, because there isn't even any suitable smokescreen to cover up their defense of a sex pest.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
And of course blackface lawyer is practically giddy at this entire situation... fucking scumbag.

Vic can't be this stupid, right? He has to know how bad it looks that people are doing this shit in his name, right? And that the people he's chosen to represent him are out here acting like this?

Like... he doesn't have to do shit anymore because at this point these people are burning any bridges he had left for him.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
And of course blackface lawyer is practically giddy at this entire situation... fucking scumbag.

Vic can't be this stupid, right? He has to know how bad it looks that people are doing this shit in his name, right? And that the people he's chosen to represent him are out here acting like this?

Like... he doesn't have to do shit anymore because at this point these people are burning any bridges he had left for him.

I can't imagine any rational actor would hear "oh by the way i'm going to harass random women until you get your job back" and respond with "okay sounds good". It provides no benefit and kills their plausible deniability.

But there are a few conceivable reasons why Vic wouldn't try to curb this.

- Maybe he just doesn't care that they're doing this
- Maybe he's reaching out to whoever takes his side and doesn't pay attention to what else they're doing
- Maybe he feels that acknowledging that he's aware of his supporters would damage him

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dude's career is over. He is a liability. There is so much doubt in his self accredited innocence that every company has to think about that "what if we hire him and something worse happens?"

Its done. Harassing random people won't change it

Fucking scum.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine any rational actor would hear "oh by the way i'm going to harass random women until you get your job back" and respond with "okay sounds good". It provides no benefit and kills their plausible deniability.

But there are a few conceivable reasons why Vic wouldn't try to curb this.

- Maybe he just doesn't care that they're doing this
- Maybe he's reaching out to whoever takes his side and doesn't pay attention to what else they're doing
- Maybe he feels that acknowledging that he's aware of his supporters would damage him
Except that one of the main people egging on his defenders is someone that he called his friend, is actively in charge of his defense fund, has livestreamed conversations with the person who is legally representing him, and seems to be privy to some private information about what's going on between Vic and his lawyer.

He already publicly acknowledged blackface lawyer in some fashion so there's no stuffing that genie back into the bottle and at this point what's going on is looking worse and worse on him because it keeps escalating. Keeping silent about it is doing far more damage to him than acknowledging and speaking out against it would.

The whole defense fund was about clearing his name and getting his career back, and I'm almost certain he doesn't care that they're doing this, but like I said it's gotten to the point where they are out here burning the few bridges he had left.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.change.org/p/toei-company-petition-to-toei-company-public-relations-to-aid-vic-mignogna

These actual children seem to think #kickvic has been a long running conspiracy, spanning years, with other VAs in on it, and that apparently Toei will back Vic because signatures. Not sure what planet these people live on.

Petition content so you don't have to waste a click going there.

In Late January/Early February 2019 Vic Mignogna has been accused of sexual misconduct falsely and has been let go due to improper investigation by Funimation. Its been revealed that the entire operation has been under planning for years and even other Funimation talent is behind the false accusations.

The idea is to attach all the collected evidence along with the following form letter in business Japanese and send it in to Toei Company's public relations department. This is because they are the company in charge of many of the licenses that Funimation holds.

Honorable Toei Company Public Relations,
Its our sincerest hope this letter finds you well. This is a petition of fans of many of your animated works in the North American markets. We wish to inform you that the long time holder of several property licenses in the west [Funimation] has allowed improper conduct by its talent. The situation being the false allegations against and breach of contract with voice actor [Vic Mignogna]. Many of their other actors looking to take his roles from him for themselves for reasons of politics not only conspired themselves in but allowed others to falsify 'evidence' for personal gain.
We here in the West wish to offer a suggestion that would benefit both your company directly and sufficiently punish the bad business image Funimation tried to stain you with. Some time ago BandaiNamco Holdings liquidated their American branch in favor of translating and distributing their properties directly from Japan. Primarily the Gundam Franchise. This has been very successful for them overall and likely has saved them a significant sum. We would be more than open to paying Toei directly for content through an English site rather than Funimation. This way you could hire and deal with English talent directly and not have a middleman through Funimation and punish guilty parties trying indirectly to ruin your brand through uncouth public conduct.
Attached is a collection of evidences to this wrongdoing and attempts by not only the voice actors but by outlet Anime News Network of propagating the false claims even to the point of lying about others trying to report on the same situation from a neutral standpoint. We wish you well and hope that this information will help you understand the threat that Funimation has made to your international plans with this blunder.
Sincerely,
Your American Fanbase

This is a severe miscarriage of justice that needs to be addressed as it has led to Mr. Mignogna losing more than just acting roles but producer roles as well. Lets try to have Toei step in, take the properties away from Funimation and contract Vic and other voice actors directly rather than allowing another cliqueish company control another geek medium!

Thank you.
https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?source_location=petition_show

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
https://www.change.org/p/toei-company-petition-to-toei-company-public-relations-to-aid-vic-mignogna

These actual children seem to think #kickvic has been a long running conspiracy, spanning years, with other VAs in on it, and that apparently Toei will back Vic because signatures. Not sure what planet these people live on.

"It's been revealed that the entire operation has been under planning for years"

Oh has it now? Has it really?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
if the painfully bad grammar doesn't get them then the lack of actual evidence clearly will

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Two months and 600 signatures is a clearly a showcase that they are indeed the silent majority /s

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

Was curious if there were any juicy comments and see this.

Monica Rial
Feb 27, 2019

I took his roles and position with only allegations. Ha!

What roles? Had Rial ever voiced a man? XD These people are ridiculously inept.

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
How is it over for Vic? By not speaking against this? If so, then good

It's called "Damaged Goods". Nobody wants to employ a second/third rate Voice Actor with only 1-2 notable roles if it comes with the following.

- The realistic chance of sexual harassment of coworkers/fans
- Complete Diva-Behaviour
- A cultlike fanclub
- An entourage of racist and/or sexist fanboys
- A toxic Youtube-Lawyer turning everything into a pissing contest

Unless this is exactly the kind of people you want to attract.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yes. I'm sure Toei will look at these randos sending in conspiracy theories and go "mhmm we should indeed cease all business with Funimation and instead spend tons of money doing this internally because of this".

like... lol

I don't think Bamco was making this kind of flippant decision there, exactly

Doctor_Y

Avenger
Mar 14, 2019
Ah, yes. I'm sure Toei will look at these randos sending in conspiracy theories and go "mhmm we should indeed cease all business with Funimation and instead spend tons of money doing this internally because of this".

like... lol

I don't think Bamco was making this kind of flippant decision there, exactly

"Hello Funimation? Yes. Toei here. Yes. Please fire the voice actors of Son Goku, Vegeta, Videl, Freezer and Bulma and employ the voice actor of Broly again. We are sure nobody will notice."

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Was curious if there were any juicy comments and see this.

What roles? Had Rial ever voiced a man? XD These people are ridiculously inept.

This will never not be the dumbest conspiracy theory to arise from this shitstorm; yes, a woman was certainly gunning for Broly -- a distinctly masculine role dreaded by Vic himself for the endless screaming required -- for all these years.

There's no way these doofuses don't know how stupid that sounds.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
How is it over for Vic? By not speaking against this? If so, then good

Hes a C-list celeb who pretty much relied on anime dubbing for work at this point, and right now no anime company is going to hire him. He has nothing going on and with most cons dumping him, he's losing another primary source of income.

All this drama is around a bottom of the barrel voice actor

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I will never understand the "Monica Rial is stealing his roles" accusation. Common sense should dictate "she's a woman, who would she even play outside of child-like characters?" And Vic doesn't really play "child-like characters".

He's also phoning in his Rohan Kishibe performance pretty badly. Here's him delivering an iconic line, kind of poorly.

It's pretty simple. They start at the positron of 'Vic is innocent', and then try to make the facts fit that conclusion. Problem is, he's so clearly guilty that any attempt to do so leads you right down this path of ridiculous conspiracies.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
I'm kinda trying to ask around, but does anybody have the first inciting source of the information that Toei is pissed at Funimation? I just wanna know if there's any legitimacy to where that came out of.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda trying to ask around, but does anybody have the first inciting source of the information that Toei is pissed at Funimation? I just wanna know if there's any legitimacy to where that came out of.
Looking at tweets, it seems like there was a slow transition from "Toei would be pissed if they knew what Funimation was doing with their product," to "As a conservative Japanese company, Toei would definitely be pissed at Funimation for starting this drama," to "Toei is 100% pissed."

Racketeer also apparently "hinted" that Toei was aware in one of his recent streams, and shitty Youtubers took that and ran with it.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Considering the crazy treatment of that actor caught with cocaine, I doubt that Toei would do all it takes to get Vic back.

Very doubtful.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Looking at tweets, it seems like there was a slow transition from "Toei would be pissed if they knew what Funimation was doing with their product," to "As a conservative Japanese company, Toei would definitely be pissed at Funimation for starting this drama," to "Toei is 100% pissed."

Racketeer also apparently "hinted" that Toei was aware in one of his recent streams, and shitty Youtubers took that and ran with it.
The "People are saying..." source.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only time toei I think put their foot down on something with funimation was that scene that originally had team4star actors in it.(the hercule vs cell movie in buu arc for Kai)

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Only time toei I think put their foot down on something with funimation was that scene that originally had team4star actors in it.(the hercule vs cell movie in buu arc for Kai)
and wasn't that mostly because toei doesn't like TFS because they're a popular unofficial dubber for one of their biggest properties

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

First time I've heard of this, and now I'm sad. I do like accuracy, but for a gag bit like that, I think it worked well. No Fun Allowed dot png.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Hes a C-list celeb who pretty much relied on anime dubbing for work at this point, and right now no anime company is going to hire him. He has nothing going on and with most cons dumping him, he's losing another primary source of income.

All this drama is around a bottom of the barrel voice actor

No. He's not. He's a C-list voice actor.

Calling him an F-list celeb would be too generous.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

I'm trying to imagine old conservative Japanese businessmen hearing that Funimation changed the voice of one of their characters from one grunting American guy to another grunting American guy, then boiling over with rage.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of specific instances like the Team Four Star thing Toei doesn't really give a fuck what Funi does with DB as long as it makes money. If all the script changes don't bother them why would they care about Funi kicking out a nobody? Toei doesn't give a shit about Vic.
The fact that the shitty 30th anniversary remaster is selling and the TV ratings being unaffected show how little damage this has cause the IP (if any) in the west, so Toei has no reason to even touch this with a 10 foot pole.
Kamehacon is basically Vic's last desperate attempt to stay in the lime light, by the end of the year he will have faded into irrelevancy, and that's assuming nobody takes him to court.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of specific instances like the Team Four Star thing Toei doesn't really give a fuck what Funi does with DB as long as it makes money. If all the script changes don't bother them why would they care about Funi kicking out a nobody? Toei doesn't give a shit about Vic.
The fact that the shitty 30th anniversary remaster is selling and the TV ratings being unaffected show how little damage this has cause the IP (if any) in the west, so Toei has no reason to even touch this with a 10 foot pole.
Kamehacon is basically Vic's last desperate attempt to stay in the lime light, by the end of the year he will have faded into irrelevancy, and that's assuming nobody takes him to court.

Oh boy, that is this weekend isn't it?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
They're now saying Toei is gonna replace Sean and Monica. Like, even if Toei is pissed about this what would that solve?

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the crazy treatment of that actor caught with cocaine, I doubt that Toei would do all it takes to get Vic back.

Very doubtful.
Right? If anything they would've disavowed him way faster than Funimation and RT did.

Everyone I saw talking about it said they heard it on one of blackface lawyer's livestreams.

I will never understand the "Monica Rial is stealing his roles" accusation. Common sense should dictate "she's a woman, who would she even play outside of child-like characters?" And Vic doesn't really play "child-like characters".

He's also phoning in his Rohan Kishibe performance pretty badly. Here's him delivering an iconic line, kind of poorly.
Vic has been phoning it in for a while. He uses the same voice for practically every character he does, which is basically just his normal speaking voice.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last few days I've seen a couple of the loons on Twitter make reference to April 15th as being something important to do with this whole shitstorm (One nut referred to it as "judgement day" lol). Is something actually happening that day or is it just more bullshit?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i assume that's when they think that the 'court papers' for Vic's supposed lawsuit will be served

Oct 25, 2017
They're now saying Toei is gonna replace Sean and Monica. Like, even if Toei is pissed about this what would that solve?

Toei: What? We don't even have any power over that. Hey Funi, are you keeping Sean?
Funi: ... Yeah. Unless he decides to leave, we're keeping him.

Right? If anything they would've disavowed him way faster than Funimation and RT did.

Everyone I saw talking about it said they heard it on one of blackface lawyer's livestreams.

Vic has been phoning it in for a while. He uses the same voice for practically every character he does, which is basically just his normal speaking voice.

I hate those voice actors. I know people give Sabat grief for using the same voice but he can change it up. There's a distinct difference between Hero All Might and regular All Might.

I will admit, he was okay in Episode of Sabo, but I will not shed a tear when his replacement voice takes over for the proper Dressrosa arc. I mostly bought that to hear the other voices since Funi hasn't gotten to that point in the anime (Bartelomeo was fucking golden)

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
honestly the only character that I associate closely with Vic's voice is Ed...but i'm sure i'll get over it if FMA is ever redubbed

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last few days I've seen a couple of the loons on Twitter make reference to April 15th as being something important to do with this whole shitstorm (One nut referred to it as "judgement day" lol). Is something actually happening that day or is it just more bullshit?
It's the Monday after Kamehacon, when the con will apparently be suing Monica and the other VAs who dropped out. Prepare for mountains of incel rage when that obviously doesn't happen.