• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, most of comments on Renfamous's pinned tweet are otherworldly. They're all from a horde of screeching babies who are fascist but totally not fascist. Right down to "hating hate speech is hateful itself! Isn't that a paradox?!" and "why are you trying to eliminate free speech??", i.e. "arguments" that have been shut down years ago. Is being dense a prerequisite to being hateful or something?
Reading the comment section has generally given me an aneurism. These people are some of the dumbest fuck ups I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
D2eNXIoXcAAxBYw.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/charleshaley89/status/1110011268067397633
At this point i paid for an over glorified marketplace

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I dunno, I'd equate it more to the "Blue lives matter" crowd (not that they're much different) since it has that same one sided "Oh yeah? Well I firmly believe THIS side and your side isn't important at all" way of thinking.

Also, nice post at ANN, Mewshuji . Was just having a look see how things were going over there and saw your post. Way to sum it up. Reminds me of this someone made. Sums up your post in flowchart form.

Ah, thanks dude!

Wow, most of comments on Renfamous's pinned tweet are otherworldly. They're all from a horde of screeching babies who are fascist but totally not fascist. Right down to "hating hate speech is hateful itself! Isn't that a paradox?!" and "why are you trying to eliminate free speech??", i.e. "arguments" that have been shut down years ago. Is being dense a prerequisite to being hateful or something?
Just muted someone after realizing I'd get nowhere with them. Looking at his timeline....

Yeah. Yeah it is.
At this point i paid for an over glorified marketplace
I mean, TFS will still be there, at least due to their inability to pull out without having a huge troll target on their backs?

Ehhhhh.... :<

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Oh I know, and that's what I meant. My "ehhhh" was because I realize it's probably actually an empty comfort for those afraid their money's gone to waste/supporting a creep.

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
Something seems wrong with Twitter embeds sitewide this morning, but clicking them still takes you to the source tweets just fine.
You can click on the 'This tweet is unavailable' text and see the tweet.
They're old tweets, but Shatner didn't like a fan project repeatedly trying to make it look like Shatner was involved/approving, and Vic was apparently claiming that Shatner mentored him to play Kirk in it. In the replies, Vic claims he really did, and that Shatner's twitter account is run by someone else who has a grudge against him.

The tweets are showing up now, on and off. So weird. Thank you for letting me know.

My heart really goes out to Monica. I'm very curious as to what announcements the convention plans to make.

If it's really true that Vic and his lawyer friend bullied the con into being a guest again, no one is gonna want him at their con. And if he does the same to Funimation, he's gonna be too much of a hassle for what he's worth in the vo industry, not to mention his sullied reputation. There are plenty of newcomers alone as well as other established talent that aren't a liability they could easily hire instead. VAs are a dime a dozen. He isn't special and needs to stop digging a deeper hole for himself. But will he? Probably not. He's still a delusional diva who thinks he's above everyone. Any normal person would have stopped by now or stayed low for a time. Or you know not be a creep to begin with lol

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Someone tweeted Kameha Con about adding Fantasy Soft as a guest. Wasn't that the StandWithVic affiliated anime company that we were making fun of earlier because it's named like a '90s eroge company? Are people actually trying to make this into Vic Con?

Killer Tofu

Feb 18, 2019
Someone tweeted Kameha Con about adding Fantasy Soft as a guest. Wasn't that the StandWithVic affiliated anime company that we were making fun of earlier because it's named like a '90s eroge company? Are people actually trying to make this into Vic Con?

It's almost like they forgot this is a DBZ con. Not a Pro Vic Con.. though that seems to be what it is now that VAs are dropping.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, thanks dude!

Just muted someone after realizing I'd get nowhere with them. Looking at his timeline....

Yeah. Yeah it is. I mean, TFS will still be there, at least due to their inability to pull out without having a huge troll target on their backs?

Ehhhhh.... :<
Yeah i forgot about tfs being there

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Kameha Con is in Texas, right? This is a bit of a tangent, but hate speech is kind of meaningless in the US anyway; the protection on free speech is too broad and unlimited for it to be enforceable. In fact, it's been explicitly stated multiple times by the Supreme Court that hate speech is as protected as other speech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.A.V._v._City_of_St._Paul

In the context of Vic and his lawyer, it's all meaningless babble. There's no legal consequence to be achieved by debating the definition, they're just empty words being thrown around to decide the narrative by brute force.

Last edited:

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On this subject, does anyone know why Google News keeps recommending me articles on Chrome that's IN FAVOUR of Vic? The only things I've read on this subject have been on here, MarzGirls twitter, etc, yet Google Analytics seems to slip in articles about how these people are getting "Owned" and and how Vic's fighting back, etc. I know this shit happens on YouTube but really, now spreading into the news sources area?
Same here. The only stuff I've read regarding this is from this thread here.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Every organization should have a dedicated person on staff to determine if something is a "Big yikes!"

Oct 26, 2017
Just remembered about when a small con in my community was up to no good (nothing of this caliber, just literally overcharging people for every little thing), we had an cosplay/geek event in a park nearby in protest. It actually was a lot of fun and the aforementioned con no longer exists.

Could be a fun option for those wishing to make a statement against Kamehacon.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Just remembered about when a small con in my community was up to no good (nothing of this caliber, just literally overcharging people for every little thing), we had an cosplay/geek event in a park nearby in protest. It actually was a lot of fun and the aforementioned con no longer exists.

I would not be surprised if that's pretty much exactly what the guests that are leaving had in mind.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Monica Rial is basically doing this.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Anime News Network got a copy of Con's contract and under the actual terms the Con actually wan''t allowed to rescind the invitation to Vic.

...however neither party shall be in breach this Agreement if there is any total or partial failure of performance by it or its duties and obligations under this Agreement occasioned by any act of God, fire, act of government or state, criminal act of any third party, war, civil commotion, insurrection, act of terrorism, embargo, labor disputes of whatever nature, adverse weather conditions, event cancellations, and any other reasons beyond the control of either party.

It's a case of specific wording. Though I think most people who weren't narcissist would see the writing on the wall and bow out instead of trying to strong arm his way back to being invited.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
ANN obtained a copy of the Kamehacon contract: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...esponds-to-recent-guest-cancellations/.145005

ANN had the contract reviewed by a lawyer familiar with contract law and their opinion was, as the provided version is worded, it leaves the convention open to a lawsuit in the event that Kameha Con cancels a guest's scheduled appearance for a reason outside those stipulated in the contract. Section 4.2 provides reasons that are interpreted as outside either the event or the contracted guest's control but does not offer staff management a catch-all to cancel a guest outside of those parameters. The lawyer asked not to be named in this article.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Anime News Network got a copy of Con's contract and under the actual terms the Con actually wan''t allowed to rescind the invitation to Vic.

It's a case of specific wording. Though I think most people who weren't narcissist would see the writing on the wall and bow out instead of trying to strong arm his way back to being invited.

I feel like you could make an argument against Vic under the reasons listed for potential cancellation there. Vic being outed as a sexual predator was out of Kamehacon's control.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you could make an argument against Vic under the reasons listed for potential cancellation there. Vic being outed as a sexual predator was out of Kamehacon's control.
They probably could, but going to court is also expensive and I doubt a con in its second year has that kind of money.

I remember blackface lawyer making a claim that the con runner thought about cancelling it all together due to the "bullying" from Monica and Chris. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually in reference blackface lawyer and Vic's lawyer threatening legal action.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Vic's only hurting himself with this short term "Victory". He makes himself look more like a slime ball, he's making it less likely that future cons would invite him, he could potentially kill Kamehacon, he's dropped his chances of ever working with Fuini again from zero to below zero and this might actually lead some of his victims to finally take him to court.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
And I think most people in Vic's situation would've started lying low hoping for this stuff to past. I don't think anyone could've predicted just how much of a delusional narcissist the guy is.
I'd say that when you get away with being a shithead for so long you tend to feel invincible...*looks at trump*

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Vic being there is also a safety concern, if he were to sexually harass or assault anyone wouldn't the con be liable because they knew? And if any fights break out because of him aren't they also liable?

Oct 25, 2017
Vic being there is also a safety concern, if he were to sexually harass or assault anyone wouldn't the con be liable because they knew? And if any fights break out because of him aren't they also liable?

That's what I was saying. I actually think he'll tone the creepiness down for this con.

But what about fights? What about his "fans" showing up just to start shit?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I was saying. I actually think he'll tone the creepiness down for this con.

But what about fights? What about his "fans" showing up just to start shit?
A lot of people are selling their tickets too because they no longer want to go, I imagine a lot of alt-right shit heads are buying those up.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If they did lock themselves in the room with Vic - which is a really unfortunate lack of foresight - then any future con would probably have to be an outright response to this one. Make it extremely clear what direction they actually want to take.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If they did lock themselves in the room with Vic - which is a really unfortunate lack of foresight - then any future con would probably have to be an outright response to this one. Make it extremely clear what direction they actually want to take.
I'm still not sure they even plan on doing any future Kamehacons after all this.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
And I think most people in Vic's situation would've started lying low hoping for this stuff to past. I don't think anyone could've predicted just how much of a delusional narcissist the guy is.
Just as I wasn't surprised when these allegations came out after my various run-ins with Vic over the years, I'm also not at all surprised by any of his behaviour over the past two months.

I am, however, surprised the Republican party hasn't come calling with a recruitment offer given the cult of personality Vic's built for himself and the delusions of grandeur this man has.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
How would you respond to both sides have their faults?

First, point out that there's no actual reason that both sides have to have their faults or be equally bad; it's just an easy feel-good statement to avoid having to evaluate them or acknowledge what the faults are.

Second, point out that one side is knowingly defending and enabling a known and repeat sexual predator, attacking those who point out behaviour that has been known for years, and spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories so that he can continue. Note that this is primarily based on misogyny and there's no actual well-intentioned agenda or goal to achieve. Note that several of the sex predator's colleagues have supported the allegations, but they're being attacked as well; if that side are fans of the anime industry, they're attacking it rather than defending it.

Third, point out that the only real fault that's come out of the other side is a "false swatting accusation", which seems to be an simulated break-in meant to look like a swatting. Ask if someone mistaking a damaged home for a swatting is comparable to the deliberate harm above.