• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
What is their ultimate goal though? Do they think someone else will dub Dragonball in English? Or any other of the Funimation Animes? This is like Saw in stupid. They are still sawing on their legs while Jigsaw just put the key right in front of them and walked out frustrated.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I do like how context doesn't matter when it's not R. Broly.
Yeah it's bizarre.

And like you said I've seen people today trying to bring up the jelly bean thing too and it's like...

No. That was a separate investigation. And he wasn't fired for it. He was fired for the next one. Stop spreading this nonsense. I literally had to correct some friends earlier who got misinformed.
Weren't those takes just joke takes that they did for fun.... times were different back then.
With regards to the f-slur it doesn't really excuse it and Sean should apologize. The rest, yeah, it's just raunchy dubbing of a r34 comic meant only for the ears of the workers. Like shit, I sometimes read wacky r34 comics out loud for laughs with my friends, the dialogue is fantastically outlandish.
That was their only other post in the thread.
Oh I know, I'm sure they were acting in bad faith in their later post, just, if we were already giving benefit of the doubt, lol.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's the law that if someone you know does something bad, then anything you did bad is no longer a problem

Bing bang boom Vic is innocent

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Vicstans are so lame, even their bombshells are lame.
Even in the worst possible light, it just means shitty people will be fired and Funimation will have to hire different talent.
It changes nothing about the creepy pedo's lolsuit and how that fuhrer is never getting VA work again.

Misogynist using he same 2014 method or taking irrelevant shit to smear people to explain why their non existent grievances should be taken seriously.

I call that the Al Sharpton's gotcha.
"Gotcha! Al Sharpton is a creep so you're a hypocrite!!!!
what do you mean you don't care to defend this creep?".

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Trolling huh, that's pretty sad to try to paint me that way.
If that's the case, then please elaborate on your position so we can have a conversation about this. This is a discussion forum. Do understand this is a heated topic and people are concerned because you haven't actually said anything against Vic or Nick, the former of whom this topic is actually about, and the latter of whom this topic has become about due to his involvement. What Sean said is wack, no question... but Vic and Nick, who this topic is about, have done far worse.

Last edited:

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I guess if you're still pretending all Vic ever did was make a joke about a piece of candy, then these offensive jokes make him look like a saint.

I'm starting to believe you don't know that you can quote and reply to people directly to engage in a discussion with others instead of sharing your observations at large and then disappearing. You know how a message board works, right?

ScarletJon

Prophet of Truth
Jun 25, 2018
Has anyone actually seen the #iStandWithVic hashtag on Twitter?

It's actually quite absurd how many people are just using these leaked auto clips to somehow make a case for Vic here. It's really quite disturbing how far a quite a substantial amount of people are willing to defend this guy.

More importantly I wish we could find out who the hell leaked this, because they're definitely trying to create (as mentioned above) a smoke screen distracting people from the actual claims.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

If you're really that concerned over this latest turn of events then feel free to bring it to light with a thread of its own instead of further derailing this already gigantic and hard to follow thread where the current news will just be buried by further belligerent insanity from Vic's zealots or some big news from the case itself by tomorrow.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Feel free at any point to prove that you aren't by answering any of the questions that have been asked of you. Or at the very least elaborate on your point.

Otherwise yes. You are going to be painted as a troll. Because if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Lol
You're really not as clever as you think you are. I love how you come back JUST to complain about the mod warning. It just reads like "Wahhh they've got me pegged!" Better than the other guys so far anyway.

Has anyone actually seen the #iStandWithVic hashtag on Twitter?

It's actually quite absurd how many people are just using these leaked auto clips to somehow make a case for Vic here. It's really quite disturbing how far a quite a substantial amount of people are willing to defend this guy.

More importantly I wish we could find out who the hell leaked this, because they're definitely trying to create (as mentioned above) a smoke screen distracting people from the actual claims.

Yeah I was thinning about this too. Chuck Huber maybe? Definitely an insider here.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
btw here is a adv films dub with its same crude style of comedy dub from early 2000s

Fun fact: Vic Mignogna did a small role for one of the episodes of that show, and was later quite upset when he "found out what kind of show it was". Quoted from a VA panel from 15+ years ago so my memory might be off. Nobody was sure what he was upset about, but considering his part was comedic also all we could come up with was he was offended by the show making fun of the (dub invented) religious character. Who is probably the one using the f word in that clip (can't watch it now).

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Concern trolling, inflammatory generalization, modwhining and threadwhining
If that's the case, then please elaborate on your position so we can have a conversation about this. This is a discussion forum. Do understand this is a heated topic and people are concerned because you haven't actually said anything against Vic or Nick, who this topic is actually about.
My position is on this case that, Vic i believe has done some wrong(personal opinion). At same time im for due process and I want to see some evidence against vic. I can't live by the "listen and believe" only despite that personal opinion. That said, Ive observed a lot of this thread. The one thing I will say is that throughout this process, imo a lot of folks in this thread seem to be willing let shit go or dismiss things as not "relevant" for their own convenience. As long as the "prize" is got. This has led to what imo has been shitty behavior being accepted when things look in the wrong. I decided to say something about the Ron Toye thing first cuz to me, that was disturbing. And still is. This latest thing with the va yeah it comes off as a joke but im willing to bet if that came from the "other side", a lot of you, no almost all of the people here who are not really neutral(or at least not really trying to be) would be singing a different tune. Their seems to be no self reflection. Since ive been accused of trolling, i'll make this one post of my stance and move back on to the other stuff I enjoy about this site and never bother with this again.

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Fun fact: Vic Mignogna did a small role for one of the episodes of that show, and was later quite upset when he "found out what kind of show it was". Quoted from a VA panel from 15+ years ago so my memory might be off. Nobody was sure what he was upset about, but considering his part was comedic also all we could come up with was he was offended by the show making fun of the (dub invented) religious character. Who is probably the one using the f word in that clip (can't watch it now).
Yeah, this was brought up way back in the beginning. He plays, surprise, a creep that kidnaps women. Go figure. There's an episode where the cast quietly calls him out too.

I haven't heard anything about Vic himself denouncing the role though. That's new.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
My position is on this case that, Vic i believe has done some wrong. At same time im for due process and I want to see some evidence against vic. That said, Ive observed a lot of this thread. The one thing I will say is that throughout this process, imo a lot of folks in this thread seem to be willing let shit go or dismiss things as not "relevant" for their own convenience. As long as the "prize" is got. This has led to what imo has been shitty behavior being accepted when things look in the wrong. I decided to say something about the Ron Toye thing first cuz to me, that was disturbing. And still is. This latest thing with the va yeah it comes off as a joke but im willing to bet if that came from the "other side", a lot of you, no almost all of the people here who are not really neutral(or at least trying to be) would be singing a different tune. Since ive been accused of trolling, i'll make this one post of my stance and move back on to the other stuff I enjoy about this site and never bother with this again.

If you have been actually following the case and this thread then you would know that emotions run hot in here and have for a while, that there is a lot of evidence agaisnt Vic and that no one in here is trying to be neutral about Vic or the situation around him.

I suspect you already knew this as this kind of whiny "I don't have all the facts but you're mean to me so I'm taking my ball and going home" rhetoric is nothing new to this site or this thread.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
The mental gymnastics of assuming people in this thread have to care about what kind of person Sean or Ron are to care whether or not Vic is a predator who makes women actively less safe in public and private spaces.

It's a weird mentality that assumes the men are the priority and if they are made impure we will no longer care, when I've frankly never cared about them. I care about the children Vic makes feel unsafe.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
At same time im for due process and I want to see some evidence against vic.
there is plenty of evidence against him already.

Since ive been accused of trolling
you were accused of trolling because that's what you were doing. You are still doing it in fact judging by the tone of this post.

i'll make this one post of my stance and move back on to the other stuff I enjoy about this site and never bother with this again.

"I'm just gonna make this one post so I can pretend that i tried and then run away because I know I can't actually defend the point i just made up on the spot because I got called out"

Good talk. Bye.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
My position is on this case that, Vic i believe has done some wrong. At same time im for due process and I want to see some evidence against vic. That said, Ive observed a lot of this thread. The one thing I will say is that throughout this process, imo a lot of folks in this thread seem to be willing let shit go or dismiss things as not "relevant" for their own convenience. As long as the "prize" is got. This has led to what imo has been shitty behavior being accepted when things look in the wrong. I decided to say something about the Ron Toye thing first cuz to me, that was disturbing. And still is. This latest thing with the va yeah it comes off as a joke but im willing to bet if that came from the "other side", a lot of you, no almost all of the people here who are not really neutral(or at least trying to be) would be singing a different tune. Their seems to be no self reflection. Since ive been accused of trolling, i'll make this one post of my stance and move back on to the other stuff I enjoy about this site and never bother with this again.
I honestly think saying that seeing Vic brought to justice for all the stuff he's done against women over many MANY years as "clamoring for a prize" is really disgusting.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The mental gymnastics of assuming people in this thread have to care about what kind of person Sean or Ron are to care whether or not Vic is a predator who makes women actively less safe in public and private spaces.
No didn't you hear, the only thing he did was make a joke about a jellybean, so he totally have the moral high ground here.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this was brought up way back in the beginning. He plays, surprise, a creep that kidnaps women. Go figure. There's an episode where the cast quietly calls him out too.

I haven't heard anything about Vic himself denouncing the role though. That's new.
The impression we had was it was the rest of the show that bothered him, he knew what the role was. Probably the other VAs giving him shit later, now that you mention it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
There are some testimonies we have you can look at. Thats evidence. If thats not good enough for you... like what do you want a video or some sick shit?
He doesn't care about evidence. The disgusting people who are defending Vic could be shown a live feed of Vic admitting to all his crimes and they would just turn around and cry that he was forced to do it and that he doesn't really mean it.

They don't care. They just want to defend him. Reality be damned.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Just realized my own post isn't true because he also admits to the hair pulling and the attempt at incestuous sex and...

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The only thing he admits to is the jellybean so it's the only thing that counts. That's how evidence works.

Ohh is that what's going on? It's the only thing he's openly admitted to?

I was wondering why Vic stans were acting like that was the only thing he's done. I guess all the other stuff is considered definitely untrue unless it's caught on tape?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
And the most fantastic part of it all?
Vic's guilt is irrelevant, he's the one suing other people.
Like it's not even important if he's really a creepy pedo or not.
He's the guy suing other people, he has to prove that he was wrongly impacted by the defendants.
Even if Vic is Jesus incarnate and innocent among the innocents, it still changes nothing about this lawsuit.
I'm saying that the defendants don't even have to prove that Vic is a creep for the lolsuit to end badly for the creepy pedo.

The extra layer of fun in the lolsuit is that Vic is a goddamn disgusting creepo who should voice pedo bear in his next appearance.
And we know that for sure because of this lolsuit.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get how Vic had such a rabid cult even before the woman haters latched onto his defense.

Like, I love FMA but I wont watch the dub because I think Vic sucks as a VA

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I still don't get how Vic had such a rabid cult even before the woman haters latched onto his defense.

Like, I love FMA but I wont watch the dub because I think Vic sucks as a VA
FMA is a reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good show, like goddam Arakawa is a genius.
And of course people ascribe Arakawa, the animation team and the localization people's work to the goddamn voice actor.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Ohh is that what's going on? It's the only thing he's openly admitted to?

I was wondering why Vic stans were acting like that was the only thing he's done. I guess all the other stuff is considered definitely untrue unless it's caught on tape?

As I understand it, it's something he did in a very public setting with fans as witnesses and admitted to well before the trial so it kept being framed as the only thing he'd ever done to Monica and proof that she just can't take a joke.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wait I didn't see this before, did you just edited this in? So fucking gross and transparent af.
Yeah he came back and edited his post instead of actually trying to back it up.

Notice how he says he can't "live by the "listen and believe" only" and yet he is very clearly listening to and believing what Vic has to say on the matter while ignoring the what the victims have to say? And then he has the gall to say this thread has no self reflection? Really? lol

Neoriceisgood

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
My position is on this case that, Vic i believe has done some wrong(personal opinion). At same time im for due process and I want to see some evidence against vic. I can't live by the "listen and believe" only despite that personal opinion. That said, Ive observed a lot of this thread. The one thing I will say is that throughout this process, imo a lot of folks in this thread seem to be willing let shit go or dismiss things as not "relevant" for their own convenience. As long as the "prize" is got. This has led to what imo has been shitty behavior being accepted when things look in the wrong. I decided to say something about the Ron Toye thing first cuz to me, that was disturbing. And still is. This latest thing with the va yeah it comes off as a joke but im willing to bet if that came from the "other side", a lot of you, no almost all of the people here who are not really neutral(or at least not really trying to be) would be singing a different tune. Their seems to be no self reflection. Since ive been accused of trolling, i'll make this one post of my stance and move back on to the other stuff I enjoy about this site and never bother with this again.

You've been accused of trolling cause you popped into a long and controversial thread, throwing a few vague accusations of people being hypocrites around. It's shitposting 101.
For someone who manages to get that sore and sensitive over a person calling you a troll you sure don't mind going around making broad vague claims about other people.

If you're that easily offended, maybe don't pop in threads just to insult people? Clearly you lack the composure required to act that way.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah he came back and edited his post instead of actually trying to back it up.

Notice how he says he can't "live by the "listen and believe" only" and yet he is very clearly listening to and believing what Vic has to say on the matter while ignoring the what the victims have to say? And then he has the gall to say this thread has no self reflection? Really? lol
It's different!
Vic is a guy, we all know that men are the most trustworthy people around.
Especially rich men.