• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I've been really enjoying Loki, it's easily been the best of these shows so far to me. I hope they nail the finale.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. Wandavision made nine episodes feel like 20 and Falcon was borderline unwatchable with the Flag Smashers dogshit. This is their first solid show.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Loki is superior to both WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Solider (assuming it sticks the landing with this last episode).

I really had zero desire to rewatch a single minute of WandaVision or Falcon, but I've watched each Loki episode twice, and have watched certain sequences multiple times. It just feels more "Marvel-ly" than the other two shows, with better stakes, greater mystery, and better writing.

Sylvie is also amazing and I want to see her become a regular in the MCU.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
How would we rank the three shows so far?

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Wandavision
Loki

I haven't seen any of them.
Loki
Falcon
Wanda

I feel like when people praise WandaVision they have selective amnesia and completely forget all the inert Sword stuff. Falcon had a villain problem due to Covid but at least it was mostly consistent scene to scene.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
We just watched the latest episode. No one, not Netflix, Amazon, Peacock have even close to the production values and budget to what I just saw. Insane.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving it so far. Prefer it to Wandavision and Winter Soldier.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loki
Falcon
Wanda

I feel like when people praise WandaVision they have selective amnesia and completely forget all the inert Sword stuff. Falcon had a villain problem due to Covid but at least it was mostly consistent scene to scene.

No amnesia necessary, the time in the Hex was more than good enough to overlook it, shit was batshit in the best way (until Loki came along)

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
It's fantastic. Marvel's best series and a promising look after the growing pains of WV and FATWS

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly out of the three loko has been the worst for me personally. But I do enjoy these series that they are doing and want moreew

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
No amnesia necessary, the time in the Hex was more than good enough to overlook it, shit was batshit in the best way (until Loki came along)
It's a close 2 and 3 for me. All the Westview stuff is awesome it's just all the Hayward SWORD camp stuff drags the show down.

All I know is that when a new Cap film is announced I'll probably rewatch FaTWS warts and all vs Wanda where I'll just watch the highlights.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Although I've liked all three of the MCU shows so far and am excited about the future of the new(ish) characters they've introduced in each show(Agatha and Scarlet Witch from WV, and Falcon Cap and The Agent from FATWS), Loki is by far the best show of the three.

Wandavision was great for most of it, but really flopped at the end. Hopefully Loki can stick the landing.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
big let down for this image if you saw the episode last night
Loki-What-did-you-expect-loki-disney-43737014-540-280.gif

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
That's wild. And I actually think Hawkeye could be even bigger. An OG Avenger plus the addition of Hailee Steinfeld could end up being a big draw, and if the series carries the tone of Fraction's run; look out. I'm hoping all these lead into big time numbers for Ms. Marvel since she'll be the first one to not really have movie history to build off of unless Carol shows up in an early episode.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first D+ show that I'm actually watching all the episodes the day they release instead of letting 2-3 build up because I'm so invested in it. It's been one of my favorite things to watch in a while.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
That's wild. And I actually think Hawkeye could be even bigger. An OG Avenger plus the addition of Hailee Steinfeld could end up being a big draw, and if the series carries the tone of Fraction's run; look out. I'm hoping all these lead into big time numbers for Ms. Marvel since she'll be the first one to not really have movie history to build off of unless Carol shows up in an early episode.
MCU Loki is a far, far more popular character than MCU Hawkeye, original Avenger or not. I don't think anything announced will touch these numbers, but I wouldn't count out the possibility of Ms. Marvel surprising and exploding.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly out of the three loko has been the worst for me personally. But I do enjoy these series that they are doing and want moreew

Yea I am sort of with you so far. I fell off after ep 2 and need to go back, but of the shows I'm kind of surprised how little I am engaged with it so far.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense considering Disney+ keeps growing and Hiddlestone is popular. Hope Ms Marvel can be even bigger.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Correct Ranking.

Covid really screwed over FatWS. It's too bad we never got to see its true potential.
But ALL of these shows could have used 1-2 more eps. Hopefully Marvel listens to feedback and lets these series breath a bit more.

I agree with both the ranking and the need for a couple more episodes. I think Marvel may be intending to avoid episodes dragging on too long like some of the Marvel Netflix shows but I think they overcorrected. In my opinion, eight Loki-sized episodes would be a great middle ground.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Couldn't finish TFATWS and thought it was cringy and awfully written. But Loki? Wonderful from the first episode to the last, and can't wait for the finale.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WandaVision was alright, thought it dragged the story on for a little too long and really didn't go anywhere in the grand scheme of things, but it had some fun getting there with an interesting premise. Haven't watched FATWS since it looked pretty unappealing.

Loki is however fantastic, I cannot stress how surprised I have been with the quality of the writing and overall production values, it feels true to the character and it has a lot of fun telling it's convoluted parallel dimension story, it's really unlike the vast majority of TV shows out there.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
The real news here is the numbers for Sweet Tooth. I have lived in fear it would get cancelled but this has given my heart some rest.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
100% deserved. Series feels like a good long movie. Also made me laugh for real last episode and not just smirk.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Opening 'weekend' (weekend starts on a Wednesday)

that will give it a natural boost and pro rata may not be higher/much higher than others that opened on a Friday