• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vans or Converse?

• Vans

Votes: 170 55.4%
  • Converse

Votes: 137 44.6%

• Total voters

Include

Oct 25, 2017
I have both but if I had to choose one I will go with Vans as the style and comfort suits me better.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a year. Have opinions changed? Let's find out. I added a poll finally.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I like Jordan's, Addidas skate shoes and Doc Martens.

Yeah! :D I go with Etnies skate shoes for casual walking/parkour/summer weather, and Church Monkey Docs for more formal events and winter weather. I had a pair of dress shoes, but I'm not even sure if I've still got them - last time I wore them was when I got married a little over 4 years ago now. My Docs are a good replacement for them.

ViewtifulJux

Oct 25, 2017
I like the look of Converse but they aren't wide enough for my feet, so I just wear Vans Authentics. If I size up on converse they look comically long.

Sykdom

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
California
Yeah! :D I go with Etnies skate shoes for casual walking/parkour/summer weather, and Church Monkey Docs for more formal events and winter weather. I had a pair of dress shoes, but I'm not even sure if I've still got them - last time I wore them was when I got married a little over 4 years ago now. My Docs are a good replacement for them.

Those docs are legit. I want to buy them now 🤣.

My go to docs right now are

images

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I'm shocked that vans is winning this. Legit would have thought it'd be 80/20 converse over vans

I wouldn't buy either these days. I think they both just represent old ass people like me trying to be hip. Not that all people who wear them are losers like me but just if a loser like me wears them then they strongly evoke that try hard oldster

My least favorite converse thing is weddings where the groomsmen where converse all stars. I'm sorry in advance to those who had that for their wedding, it's just not my bag.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I sometimes wonder if me wearing Converse for a while when I was a kid contributed to my bunions. I don't wear either brand now because I gotta shell out more money for shoes that don't destroy my feet.

May 24, 2019
The only casual shoes I've worn since I was a child are Chucks. Did they discontinue the Chuck IIs? I liked that insole.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Surprised by the votes. Chucks are iconic. Although if this is a comfort poll the og chucks are trash. Lol

The chuck iis are a lot more comfortable but don't look as good.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Not a big fan of either, but Vans, easily. I think Converse are ugly. But if you really want to step it up, I would suggest Common Projects. I own these and think they're about as comfortable as any shoe I've worn. They also go nicely with just about anything, especially if you're wearing shorts.

Common_Projects_1528-7547-Black-A_1024x1024.jpg

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of either, but Vans, easily. I think Converse are ugly. But if you really want to step it up, I would suggest Common Projects. I own these and think they're about as comfortable as any shoe I've worn. They also go nicely with just about anything, especially if you're wearing shorts.

Common_Projects_1528-7547-Black-A_1024x1024.jpg
They are aslo in a completely different universe in terms of price.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I've been Team Converse for a while, so I'm going with that one.

I've never owned any Vans though, so I could probably be convinced. But they make me think "sk8erboi" with all that comes with that, so my default impression isn't great. >.>

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't they make the classics as comfortable as the 2s? Who would complain?

Wore Converse throughout high school and college and longer, but my feet couldn't take that shit much longer. One long mall walk fucked me up for a while. Now I just get Nike running shoes.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Not a fan of canvas shoes. I had some Larry Johnson cons in Jr High, but 95% of the time I'd take vans

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I like both. Converse work better as everyday shoes. You could own one pair and it'll last a long while and looks fine no matter how banged up it gets. Vans tend to be more pristine looking

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Picked Vans, since that's what I'm seemingly forced to wear now if I want a similar shoe style as the Etnies I used to get regularly. Etnies changed their shoe size a few years ago though to where now everything is super slim and painfully tight to wear for whatever reason.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Vans of Converse. But DC rules all.
Tried some Etnies recently but have a hard time with them.