• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Performance seems a little rough on a 3080. Maybe its CPU intensive but, I ain't seeing it. Hopefully as it progresses performance gets ironed out, seeing a lot of dips to 30-40 and then back up to 80-90.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
It's always wonderful to see these little games that no one had ever heard of from small studios gain traction and blow up in popularity on Steam.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing it recently with some friends and think it's really fun. Reminds me of The Forest in that it's a relatively more focused coop survival game with clear goals, minus the horror of course. I definitely see some Dark Souls and Breath of the Wild influence too.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow! Is this developed by Coffee Stain or just published by them? Deep Rock is one of my all time favs at this point.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been keeping my eye on this, very tempted to bite right now. It looks really fun, but I definitely want to convince some friends to get it with me.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
How is this solo? My group hates survival games. Unfortunately I love them. I'm a big fan of the Raft and The Forest which I mange ok with Solo.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone playing this on a 3x series card and NOT getting constant frame rate dips into the 40s?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Performance seems a little rough on a 3080. Maybe its CPU intensive but, I ain't seeing it. Hopefully as it progresses performance gets ironed out, seeing a lot of dips to 30-40 and then back up to 80-90.

Ok good.

It seems that all 3x cards have massive performance issues with the game.

I dropped everything to low and ran it at 720p and was still getting constant drops into the 40s like every 3 seconds

People with like 1060s can run the game at 70-90 fps at 1440p with everything on high

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
How is this game solo? I don't like playing survival games with others (I know, this borders on heresy or something) but this has definitely caught my eye.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
How is this game solo? I don't like playing survival games with others (I know, this borders on heresy or something) but this has definitely caught my eye.
Very doable. But it will def be a lot grindier as you need to gather a good amount of materials to take on harder content. Upside is if you ever decide to play co op you can just in anyone's game with your existing character and take it back and forth.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How is this solo? My group hates survival games. Unfortunately I love them. I'm a big fan of the Raft and The Forest which I mange ok with Solo.
This isn't really a survival game honestly. You don't have to worry about constandly dieing from like hunger or something.
Food and such makes you stronger but that's kinda it. It's a really cool co-op experience where you linearly progress through the world and tech you use.
I'd honestly say this is exactly the kind of "survival game" that people who don't like them would enjoy cause that's how it is for me.
I hate all the bullshit survival stuff and this game just doesn't have it.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
damn, well the trailer certainly had everything I could ever want to play, and I love the weird psudo ps1/minecrafty graphics. Is this the co op skyrim I've been lusting after for years? Lol. Question is, is the actual gameplay any fun?

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I've been playing it with a friend the past couple of days. It starts out fun, will need to see where it goes. Not about to put it on the "next big thing" pedestal, but its definitely been enjoyable so far.

As the materials needed are starting to ramp up for things and the game opens up more, the type of grind will show itself and I think thats where a lot of its success will come into play. As well as what they develop to keep people interested once they reach the end.

I will say, performance is all over the place for my friends. Settings that don't change things in-game (or if they do they aren't noticable), weird almost adaptive v-sync things happening. I've fortunately had no concerns, but being in the same discord with my pals its interesting to say the least.

Oct 28, 2017
Do you need to use the m+k any time in the game? Menus or anything?

Couch pc gamer here lol
It definitely seems to have some functions that you cannot use with a controller. I haven't found a way to

- Open the map (Keyboard: M)
- Drop Items (Mouse)
- Split item stacks (M+K)

with a controller so far... which is a bummer.

I also had to switch bumpers and triggers, feels more natural (attack with trigger, really?)

Maybe it's because I play with PS4 controller and of course they only support the xbox controller... who could possibly use a PS4 controller, right?

Edit: Also character creation didn't react to some button presses for me (confirm for example). Wasn't a good first impression I've to say.

Edit2: I will never understand why for a lot of developers good controller support doesn't seem to be a top priority... I mean, one of the main methods your players interact with the game seems somewhat important, no?

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely seems to have some functions that you cannot use with a controller. I haven't found a way to

- Open the map (Keyboard: M)
- Drop Items (Mouse)
- Split item stacks (M+K)

with a controller so far... which is a bummer.

I also had to switch bumpers and triggers, feels more natural (attack with trigger, really?)

Maybe it's because I play with PS4 controller and of course they only support the xbox controller... who could possibly use a PS4 controller, right?

I've definitely opened the map on the controller. I would do it accidentally all the time... I think it was either on Dpad or the Y button.

I haven't figured out how to drop anything using the controller though

Can you repair tools? Or once they are worn out they are useless?

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Is there loot or is it all crafting?

Oct 28, 2017
I've definitely opened the map on the controller. I would do it accidentally all the time... I think it was either on Dpad or the Y button.

I haven't figured out how to drop anything using the controller though

Can you repair tools? Or once they are worn out they are useless?
You can repair at the work bench, for free even, as it seems!

Took a while to figure that one out, too. You have to switch to the work bench "tab" and then hit the R3 (Stick) button and it automatically repairs one of your damaged items in your inventory.

Please let me know how you opened the map when you do it again.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Is there loot or is it all crafting?
Not much loot as far as I can tell. Sometimes I found a chest in a ruined building with some coins and materials in it.

I wish there were more "secrets" to find, seems a little generic (procedural) so far... granted, I've only finished the first biome, so maybe there is more later.

Last edited:

rac

Oct 25, 2017
this looks interesting
there different types of builds? any magic?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Building your own castle/town with friends and defending it from enemies sounds cool. I want a game like this that has Mount and Blade combat/number of combatants.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Ok good.

It seems that all 3x cards have massive performance issues with the game.

I dropped everything to low and ran it at 720p and was still getting constant drops into the 40s like every 3 seconds

People with like 1060s can run the game at 70-90 fps at 1440p with everything on high

Didn't look but maybe it's using unity? Unity seems like it runs like shit on 30 series.

Truezeldafan

Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I am pleasantly surprised with this game even as someone not a big fan of survival/crafting games in general.There's something about it that has gotten its hooks in me, at least early game.

If theres a resetera group or something, Im def lookin for peeps to play/chill with! I am kinda clueless but having a blast haha.

Also it seems to play pretty well for me on the shield through GeforceNow. Nice change of pace when i am not at the comp desk. Controller support isnt perfect but definitely works. (back opens the map for me on xbox controller)

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Since there are dedicated servers, but you can only fit up to 10 players in each map, how does it work?

Is it persistent like other survival type of games where you leave the game and your base is there waiting for you to come back, or is it like a "session" type of thing? You enter, play, end session and everything resets?

Oct 28, 2017
Playing co-op with my wife now, we are having a blast. The game gets a lot of seemingly unimportant details just right. Even collecting berries is somehow satisfying. The forest looks great, lush and green, but important things are kind of color-coded (mushrooms = red, birds = white etc.) so they stick out.
When you both go into your beds, you can skip time... there is a lot of smart design here.

Even found out how to use some functions I thought were not supported with a controller:

Drop items with right trigger + A.
Left trigger + A -> splits item stacks.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Number 10 on Twitch with over 66k viewers.

This game will get plenty of sales.
Yeah obviously without PvP not sure how long it will stay big with these steamers but at the very least some have put many hours into it and they are still having fun. The challenge keeps ramping up and I don't think I've seen anyone get past the swamp biome yet.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Interesting. Coffee Stain seems to have a good nose for coop games. Deep Rock Galactic is fantastic too

That's where I know them from! I was wondering after watching the trailer.

This looks awesome! It also goes for a very specific aesthetic - something like a mix of a high end PS1 game or a late 90s PC RPG with modern effects and a huge scope. I love the looks of it. Hope my friends are into it as well, maybe we'll jump in.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it already had PvP?
It's opt in and with the small server size(10 people) it's just not really something that's being done outside of some goofy moments. I only mention PvP cause that's what keeps games like Rust relevant on twitch for years. Unless they start doing some Viking RP views will slow down when most of the content has been beaten.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
All my pc friends are playing this, I am loving this so much. Fantastic game. Going to be huge. Would be great if it came to consoles as well.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It has over 90,000 users playing right now. Yep, it's a hit.

I haven't played this, but it's on my wishlist. Sounds like a fun game for couples to play together. It also looks like it has an interesting graphics style. It has fancy lighting and effects, but unfiltered low-poly models?

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It has over 90,000 users playing right now. Yep, it's a hit.

I haven't played this, but it's on my wishlist. Sounds like a fun game for couples to play together. It also looks like it has an interesting graphics style. It has fancy lighting and effects, but unfiltered low-poly models?
Yeah it's deceptively pretty.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Game is an absolute pleasure to play so far.
The exploration and finding new resources and such is rewarding and every time you move your "technology" forward feels great

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I would describe this game as lite Morrowind atmosphere, with lite Minecraft + Dark Souls gameplay.

I was actually having a lot of fun playing it I didn't realize I played it like 6 hours straight. Just the base building, resource gathering, crafting alone is fun.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Also the game is absolutely gorgeous. The lighting is top tier. The thunderstorms and the giant waves they create are just amazing.
The game has this weird like, mythical feel to it. It can look super realistic with the lighting and such and then you see the low poly models and the pixely textures and it just feels otherworldly but GOOD.