• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So...huh.

An anonymous millionaire (and presumably, a guy who's perhaps too much of a PUBG/Fortnite fan) is attempting to organize a real-life Battle Royale game on a private island. It (probably) won't involve actual murder (airsoft guns and target vests will substitute for the Grim Reaper).

Stop me if you've heard this one before. A 100 people are dropped onto an island and must scavenge for weapons to use and take out the competition to become the last person standing. Now, what if it was real-life and hosted by a millionaire?

An unnamed millionaire is apparently trying to kickstart plans to host a real-life battle royale on a private island. Apparently you can just buy one of those on HushHush.com, an "Amazon for millionaires," which is probably why I've never heard of it. The millionaire is also looking to hire a game developer to help design the invite-only battle royale.
The concept is still nascent and Moneybags von Fortnite is asking for game designers to apply for the job of helping plot out how this live-action faux-murder festival would actually play out. (But maybe keep in mind what happened to the guy that designed the Spencer Mansion in Resident Evil.)

Strand me on a deadly island with only a pot lid if old.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't wait for the twitch stream! invite all the famous twitchers and throw them out of planes

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finally. And of course, it needs to be televised, or else what's the point.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't trust him.
220px-Most_Dangerous_Game_poster.jpg

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, the items for sale on hushhush.com are a lil' pricey

Imagine buying one of these ugly-ass watches

screenshot2019-04-09a3ujlb.png

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the game version of Fyre Festival? Can't wait for the post mortem documentary.

Oct 25, 2017
Rich people reveling in their savagery and finding the closest thing to being able to murder someone they can? Word

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The concept of adding a $95M property to your cart is so incredibly bizarre to me. The banality of that is out of this world.

OP
OP
Hailinel

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
what happened to the mansion designer?
Hint: If you designed a mansion loaded with weird-ass puzzles, death traps, and a secret laboratory for a bioweapons magnate, would you expect the guy paying you to let you just walk out once you were done?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where we dropping boys?

One member says as the other two are too busy screaming on the way down

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Would need a lot more than 1 mill. Wait do they have explosive collars? Why not just watch the movie anyway?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
So it says I can return this island within 14 days of delivery, but like how do they fit it in my mailbox

screenshot2019-04-09a1iji2.png

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Finally the sequel to that Steve Austin and Vinny Jones film Condemned we've all been waiting for.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
That website lol...I dig the add to cart for a 65 mil estate. 14 day return policy too! What a time to be alive for rich fucks :p

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
Use money to help advance research on medicine or Buy a Island to make a IRL Battle Royale?
Hmmm.... *2 minutes later* Battle Royale seems to be the best use of my money! Yup!

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's surreal to be looking at watches where they cost more than my entire net worth. I can't even imagine being 'fuck you' levels of rich to where you end up browsing private islands on a site like that.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
No one will survive/be in a condition to continue because no one will actually be able to skydive and land the parachute properly without training lol