• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not someone who pays especially close attention to the different users on this site to where I can identify everyone and attach them to their presence elsewhere online, but I assume that GuerrillaDawg from the old site and on Twitter – where we followed each other and exchanged tweets every now and then – is the user Dawg. I learned a few days ago he has passed away.

Here is an article from the site he wrote for confirming it (in Belgian).
www.4gamers.be

Vaarwel, Dawg, vriend en collega

Het is met een zwaar hart dat we jullie het nieuws brengen dat Wim, beter bekend als GuerrillaDawg, overleden is. Hoewel hij al een tijdje niet meer heel actief was binnen 4Gamers, was hij in de be...

Maybe I have people mixed up, maybe there is already a thread I couldn't find through search, but I thought I had to try to let people know about this tragedy. RIP

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
It's him... I couldn't help but cry all morning when I found out... rest in peace, my friend.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I learned that earlier, yeah. RIP.

For those who don't remember him, he was the guy who made the MGS:V poster made up of various user avatars of our community back in 2015, and sent it to Kojima as a show of thanks from fans.

If anyone has the poster as an image file, could you share it here? I can't find it.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
He was one of the nicest and funniest people on the old forum, here and twitter. I was out of words when I learned about this. RIP dawg, you gonna be missed.

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favourite users from the old place, he was so kind and funny. Rest in peace

Oct 30, 2017
I followed him on twitter solely due to his presence on the forums. Was shocked and saddened to hear he passed. We had a few conversations on the price of rent in our respective countries. Nice guy. So very sad.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man...this hits hard.
I just...

Rest in Power.

Man life is is precious, make sure you live it to the fullest...can't believe it.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
I remember him a lot from the old GAF days, I didn't realize he had made the transition over, I don't think I ever saw him on this side.

Such a tragedy to be taken so young. RIP

Oct 25, 2017
I followed him on Twitter a couple of months ago through mutual--even I wasn't in their circle of friends-- he began to about struggle with something and I reached him and told that everything was ok and greeted him as a stranger. He followed me and so I followed him back. We don't talk really much, but a few replies from him.

RIP to my stranger friend.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
One of my first follows when I started using Twitter more and decided to follow people from the old place.

Didn't interact with him much compared to 5-6 years ago but he was always so kind and funny. His tweets were always a joy to read.

RIP

DrAmazonMD

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
Wait didn't these assholes ban him for saying a statue of Triss was hot? Fucking clowns.

Rest in peace my friend

Vally

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I knew Dawg from the old forum and will always remember fondly all the good times in the MGS community.

Lately we didn't talk that often, but I was always happy for him whenever he posted something on facebook/twitter and he seemed to be doing well. So when I heard he passed away it hit me a lot harder than I could have anticipated. We always take life for granted :(

Rest in peace, friend.

For those who don't remember him, he was the guy who made the MGS:V poster made up of various user avatars of our community back in 2015, and sent it to Kojima as a show of thanks from fans.

If anyone has the poster as an image file, could you share it here? I can't find it.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Yeah, learned about that this morning. He was one of my first Twitter friends. Didn't interact with him too much the last few years as I haven't been very active on Twitter but he was always really nice and funny. Sad to hear about his passing.

RIP bro.

Oct 25, 2017
I learned that earlier, yeah. RIP.

Man that takes me back, and tells me why the name was so familiar. Hope he's at peace, it's a tragedy to go too soon.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been absolutely heartbroken ever since the news broke last night. He was a close friend of mine and quite a lot of members of the MGS community.

Several of us talked to him basically every single day for over half a decade. He became like a brother to all of us. He was kind, very approachable, hilarious, and a god at trolling for all good fun. Rest In Peace, dude. We love you.