• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a surprise if you've been paying attention.
Come on. I have been paying attention. At the same time, if you told me I largely will not be allowed to leave my apartment again until sometime in August (which I know is not actually the case here but this was the hypothetical premise this convo was happening under), I would still think, fuck, really?

It's one thing to understand a possible scenario intellectually, it's another to actually live it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
He must be shook, ive never seen him this collected. Hes still a joke, but something has seriously changed since yesterday.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Trump temper-tantrums the Senate into actually doing some shit if he's finally understood how mega-fucked workers and industries are because of this thing.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I really do wonder if someone in his family or circle has it, so it's hit home. Or something like that article about Mar A Lago being epicenter is hitting home.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the conference now and Trump sounds completely different from anything ive ever seen from him. Hes actually reserved and not being an actual asshole when reporters ask tough questions. What did they give him lol.

Makes you wonder if he hasn't contracted Covid-19 like we thought might be a possibility from the Bolsonaro meetings.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching this first TaleSpin again now that I have Disney+, and man, Shere Khan tries to put human pilots out of business by replacing them with low-cost robot pilots while Rebecca's kid worries about her family being poor and a bunch of out-of-work pilots drown their sorrows at Louie's.

This show was bringing the heat in 1990, shit.

Also, Tony Jay is a fantastic voice actor.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I'd speculate that maybe Trump has been informed that his base could be disproportionately affected if he doesn't help them understand how serious this could be but the reality is all he gives a shit about is money so he probably saw some economic data.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly this is the most professional I've seen him in ages. Something got him to change. Probably the tanking market.

They're directly talking to his skeptical followers here with that "15 Days to Slow the Spread" thing. He finally understands how serious this is.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Watching the conference now and Trump sounds completely different from anything ive ever seen from him. Hes actually reserved and not being an actual asshole when reporters ask tough questions. What did they give him lol.
Hopefully a positive test result.
Maybe they switched his adderall with molly?
Speaking of Molly...
Watching this first TaleSpin again now that I have Disney+, and man, Shere Khan tries to put human pilots out of business by replacing them with low-cost robot pilots while Rebecca's kid worries about her family being poor and a bunch of out-of-work pilots drown their sorrows at Louie's.

This show was bringing the heat in 1990, shit.

Also, Tony Jay is a fantastic voice actor.
TaleSpin is good shit. That said, the Disney+ episode ordering is all over the place.
From Here to Machinery is actually episode 5.

The 4-part pilot premiere episode, Plunder and Lightning - which was originally presented as a full-length movie with additional scenes (NOT found on Disney+) - can be found at Episode 34.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly this is the most professional I've seen him in ages. Something got him to change. Probably the tanking market.

They're directly talking to his skeptical followers here with that "15 Days to Slow the Spread" thing. He finally understands how serious this is.

they're ahead of the curve.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Eli Stokols @EliStokols

Trump, moments after declining a chance to take a shot at Cuomo, says that he "would disagree with" statements by Devin Nunes and the Oklahoma governor urging people to go out to eat, which are antithetical to health guidelines.

What is happening?!​

4:10 PM - Mar 16, 2020

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
July or August huh? Wow this is ultra-mega-fucked. My kids apparently won't be going to school ever again.

I sure fucking hope some lessons are learned by this dumbass country and humanity as a whole after this, we're fucking lucky this shit isn't more fatal than it is! Image if it had like, a 25-50% fatality rate? It would be chaos, the world would cease to be.
Just watch Contagion... that movie isn't really that heightened, apprently

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fricken France is canceling all bills related to housing and also rent for the next month or 2. We need that here.

Oct 25, 2017
TaleSpin is good shit. That said, the Disney+ episode ordering is all over the place.
From Here to Machinery is actually episode 5.

The 4-part pilot premiere episode, Plunder and Lightning - which was originally presented as a full-length movie with additional scenes (NOT found on Disney+) - can be found at Episode 34.

I assumed that they just started with an episode that showed all the important characters, which this episode did, and went back to Rebecca buying Baloo's poorly-run business later on, but yeah, bad episode order makes sense.

"Hellfire" is a top three Disney movie villain song largely because of that dude.

If they were actually serious about people staying home they would pay people's rent and shit. Im screwed.

Is DeSantis proposing anything down in Florida for y'all re: expanded unemployment, eviction freezes, or anything like that?

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno...he may also think the country and states won't have enough energy and resources to go after him once he leaves office. Those pardon tweets suggest an effort there may be coming, even if it means leaving this cleanup to pence while getting pardoned at the federal level.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno...he may also think the country and states won't have enough energy and resources to go after him once he leaves office. Those pardon tweets suggest an effort there may be coming, even if it means leaving this cleanup to pence while getting pardoned at the federal level.
Are you suggesting he'll resign and have Pence pardon him? LOL no.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
He already did that on twitter then deleted it today.
He deleted the tweet saying Cuomo can do more?

I dont see this version of Trump lasting longer than this press conference, but man I hope this doesnt change people's minds lol. Please tell me the press doesnt start that Today is the day Trump became President shit lol.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Bernie will drop this week. No need for shenanigans.
Honestly it's a really tough position that he's in because his number one agenda is universal public health care and there's never been a more important time for it. I think Biden would do well to push hard on the importance of universal health care with at the very least a very strong public option. The sooner we can shore that up, the better. If there's ever a time where people will be ok with changing the country's health care system, it's now. Ideally, they'd have a heart-to-heart where Biden pledged to adopt a certain number of progressive items and put a few progressives into his cabinet and Bernie could drop out while becoming the mouthpiece for improving the nation's healthcare under a Biden administration.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
He deleted the tweet saying Cuomo can do more?

I dont see this version of Trump lasting longer than this press conference, but man I hope this doesnt change people's minds lol. Please tell me the press doesnt start that Today is the day Trump became President shit lol.
Pandemic + recession will happen no matter how he acts. He'll still lose.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
My bureau is in chaos right now as we shut down. I feel bad for the directors, they're trying to figure out how to keep things moving on a skeleton crew and not let the wheels of government come to a complete halt.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Katie Hill tested positive for coronavirus (edit: sorry, exposed to). Hasn't this woman had a hard enough year already?!

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
DeSantis seemed like he was taking things seriously at the start, but there hasn't been much of anything from him in the past couple days.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very thankful my job and the company I work for are resilient to all this, but I'm feeling for friends at my previous employer. They provide business intelligence services for the restaurant industry and I suspect this is going to destroy them.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it's a really tough position that he's in because his number one agenda is universal public health care and there's never been a more important time for it. I think Biden would do well to push hard on the importance of universal health care with at the very least a very strong public option. The sooner we can shore that up, the better. If there's ever a time where people will be ok with changing the country's health care system, it's now. Ideally, they'd have a heart-to-heart where Biden pledged to adopt a certain number of progressive items and put a few progressives into his cabinet and Bernie could drop out while becoming the mouthpiece for improving the nation's healthcare under a Biden administration.

I do wonder if this pandemic contributes to an impetus for universal health care next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.