• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
The ongoing revelation of a fair amount of the Sanders 2016 vote actually just outright being anti-Clinton is heinously depressing.
  • Free 1-Up Mushrooms for every person who is deeply ill
  • Use imprisoned Koopa Paratroopas to facilitate low-cost city-wide transport for everyone
  • Increased funding for space travel to find other galaxies
  • Recognizes that the rent is too damn high in New York Donk City and other cities, will work to create federal legislation to change zoning code regulations
  • Increased research into FLUDD to clean plastic from oceans

I'd vote for him.
You're forgetting dissolution of the Chain Chomps along the southern border and reducing the Bullet Bill budget.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Will Biden's huge strength from boomers be able to offset potentially poor youth turnout in the GE?

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I was never on the "Trump is scared of Biden that's why he tweets so much about Bernie being screwed over" train, but there's no way Trump doesn't see Biden's primary numbers and realise he's almost certainly lost.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
I continue to be surprised how much Hillary was hated by the Democratic portion of the party. I knew the general election issues were obvious, but my goodness. I feel like this makes Bernie look like even worse of a 2016 candidate by proxy somehow haha.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
I was never on the "Trump is scared of Biden that's why he tweets so much about Bernie being screwed over" train, but there's no way Trump doesn't see Biden's primary numbers and realise he's almost certainly lost.

He'll escalate that rhetoric to high heavens to drive a wedge in the Dem electorate. Elizabeth Bruenig will probably become a fan overnight.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to be surprised how much Hillary was hated by the Democratic portion of the party. I knew the general election issues were obvious, but my goodness. I feel like this makes Bernie look like even worse of a 2016 candidate by proxy somehow haha.
I don't think it was that she was hated going in. It was more of that fake scandals, conspiracy theories, and negative rhetoric were really easy to stick to her because of decades of smear campaigns and the fact that she was a woman.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
I think that without the decades of hate against her being stirred up by the GOP...another woman would have done slightly better.

30 years of being trashed by the right wing media machine + being responsible for her husband's mistakes + Benghazi + E-MAILS. There was a ridiculous amount of baggage on Hillary ON TOP of her being a woman.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Yeah this primary is over. The fact I had to root for Joe Freaking Biden in the end kills a non-insignificant amount of me inside. Liz got done dirty.
Hindsight is always 20/20 but I wish we recognized just how much middle America hates Hillary. That hatred carried Trump into the White House.
Clinton 2008 was probably the best shot at a female president for at least another generation, we can see now, which is a shame.
Yep. Shit really sucks, in more ways than one.

Although I guess silver lining is that Biden isn't bleeding the votes that either Hillary was or Bernie is
We won't see 'til November just how much of the dem vote was truly lost in some of the rust belt states or if it was mostly just anti-Clinton, but, yeah, it's not much of a consolation.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
She ended up with something close to 12 million less votes than Obama got in 2008 (iirc). I still remember being worried when i went to vote in 2016 and was in and out in less than 10 minutes. In 2012 at the same location I waited in line for 2 hours. I thought it was just the impact of MD implementing early voting but it was clearly much more than that.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Will Biden's huge strength from boomers be able to offset potentially poor youth turnout in the GE?

If he effectively messages the major difference between democrats and republicans during the election. Easy argument to be made for how nearly everything Republicans have done goes directly against young people.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This is my take. It's time to unify the party.

As hard as it is, if @SenSanders genuinely believes Trump is an existential threat to the country-outside the normal confines of politics & policy- he should concede after tonight & make a full throated effort to unify the anti-Trump effort. Bc he will not be the nominee.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ongoing revelation of a fair amount of the Sanders 2016 vote actually just outright being anti-Clinton is heinously depressing.

It kind of highlights how much this country is also, not to be alarmist, quite doomed to handle a 21st century world. If his vision of America is so boosted because of anti-Hillary, we have to wonder if there really is an America at all to save from the perils it uniquely faces when compared to the rest of the world. Perils and problems handwaved and normalized by remarks from people like Clinton and Biden.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man was Clinton a bad candidate. Both her and Sanders exposed by Biden.

I bet if we had a better candidate than Biden then he would be exposed as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Now to figure out how much of that anti-Clinton Sanders vote stayed home in the general, and is Biden demonstrating he's making up those numbers in turnout.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it was that she was hated going in. It was more of that fake scandals, conspiracy theories, and negative rhetoric were really easy to stick to her because of decades of smear campaigns and the fact that she was a woman.

She did get a bit of fair criticism from the left, to be totally fair. She made some enemies among black voters with her rhetoric in the '90s.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She wasn't hated going in, but she was by the time the votes started

She left state with a sky-high approval rating, the GOP started up its bullshit machine beginning with Benghazi, and her approval was trash by 2015

dsPNfVq.png

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'd strongly suggest following 538's lead and not trying to extrapolate too much from these numbers to the general. Primaries still have a small fraction of the engagement generals do. State by state head to head polling is going to continue to be a much better data point there.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
Have you been acquainted with a man called Bernie Sanders from 2016? Because he was an asshole about it to the very end.
I like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know Trump was going to win 2016 and hence he continued running. If he made the same mistake again, I'm just going to straight lose all my respect for him.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
It's a bit odd ya. Folks seem to think we are electing a king.

Those studies that people under 40 have much lower patience with either the grit 'n grind of democracy nor faith in its facets like "public servants" and "rule by the majority, respect for the minority" was done no favors by the Individual-1 administration and obstruction as legislation by GOP congresscritters.

twitter.com

Catherine Rampell on Twitter

“Gaetz slept in Walmart lot after potentially exposing Trump to coronavirus https://t.co/4KBoxSjwFX”

Life comes at you fast. One week you making fun of a virus with a gas mask, the next week you sleeping in a Walmart parking lot.

The continual redneck connections this crowd have is alarming, but it fits with a guy from the Panhandle, I guess.

www.businessinsider.com

Michael Cohen reportedly gave a tech firm $12,000 and a boxing glove in a Walmart bag to try to rig polls in Trump's favor

The president's former lawyer reportedly paid a Virginia-based firm roughly $12,000 and a boxing glove previously worn by a Brazilian MMA fighter.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
That would still a pretty huge polling miss if Biden wins by 10 points compared to the 20+ polls were suggesting. Pollsters may have got the right winner (if things end up that way) but what the fuck is with polling there?
Bernie isn't getting within 10 though (hence why he would be shocked), it will likely be over 15% and then you get into margin of error territory

Status
Not open for further replies.