• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Could we not just post trash Twitter from trash people? It adds nothing to any discussion.

Some things (most things, I'd argue) aren't worth sharing.

These are going to make some amazing data animations in a few months to show how, and if, qualrantine/closure orders had any efect.
Terrifying and fascinating at the same time.

But I think it's going to suffer from GIGO. There's simply too little data, and now that we're backing away from testing, it's going to remain that way.

It does give a better appreciation of just how massive the problem is, though.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Powerful "this is a Wendy's" energy here.

ET0I4_SWoAAXPCp

what the fuck are Republicans, misguided angels?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Which is why we do sort of need Biden to get out there and comment on the situation because the media will actually do the work for him and repeatedly cover whatever he says about it where nobody cares at all if Schumer gets into it with Collins
Seriously. Although I don't see anyone covering Bernie's videos on TV. Hopefully they will with Biden.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why we do sort of need Biden to get out there and comment on the situation because the media will actually do the work for him and repeatedly cover whatever he says about it where nobody cares at all if Schumer gets into it with Collins
Nobody actually cares what Biden says. If he did interviews on 5 networks, people would still ask where Biden's been for the last week.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Really need to stop worrying so much on what someone's approvals are right now. The situation is extremely fluid and will remain so for awhile. It's practically useless.

Disconnecting from the normal political fixes has been great for my overall mental health during this. There are so many other better things to focus your time on right now.

Oct 27, 2017
The mapping conventions all these orgs, and media, are using - with the ever-enlarging circles overlaid on maps - reminds me more of the global thermonuclear strike scenarios from media and movies of the early-to-mid-'80s. The size of the diameters of the circles themselves, representing the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in an area, have no geographic coverage correlation the underlying land mass: areas outside a circle also have coronavirus cases.

We also now have sidebars on media broadcasts and videos showing the number of cases and deaths.

The combination of the maps and live counts, on all the time, is sure to soothe people's nerves.

Oct 25, 2017
Some of yall are worried too much about optics.

Right now. I don't want to see Pelosi or Schumer constantly in front of a camera. They should be negotiating and giving us updates which they have been. They can't MAKE the new or media do anything.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of yall are worried too much about optics.

Right now. I don't want to see Pelosi or Schumer constantly in front of a camera. They should be negotiating and giving us updates which they have been. They can't MAKE the new or media do anything.
So the reason things are bad this time w/ negotiations miiiiiight be that Pelosi passed a messaging bill while leaving actual negotiation to Schumer.

While this likely will lead to more effective messaging it's probably got a big tradeoff due to swapping Pelosi for Schumer.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
It's only good if people know why we blocked it. People think this is the "free checks from the government" bill, so it's not great right now.
Pelosi is out there hawking her own checks. Everyone wants checks. We
stop freaking out about trump's approval

we're in the middle of a crisis, there's going to be a rally around the flag effect. we've seen this in every other country too -- Conte and Macron and Johnson's numbers all shot up too. it's ephemeral.

Ephermal Fantasia was a game on PS2 and it was BAD

Jun 6, 2019
Trump's job approval also up to 46/48 but...

It's all due to Democrats. His ratings with Republicans and independents are about the same. It's a little illusory because those Democrats will never vote for him.

It really is amazing how Trump's approval is only creeping up and up since Charlottesville. First he would hover in the high 30s, then around 40, now he is in low to mid 40s constantly. By the end of the term he will be in the mid to high 40s.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That's my worry too. I just think we could have hundreds of mini Wacos on our hands, along with full blown looting if there isn't some sense that things are under control fairly soon.
www.theonion.com

Violently Bored Americans Begin Looting Puzzle Stores

NORTHWOOD, NH—Isolated and desperate for a fun new hobby or pastime in the face of social-distancing measures implemented to fight Covid-19, hysterical mobs of violently bored citizens have begun looting puzzle stores across the country, sources confirmed Friday. “People were grabbing up the...

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
That's my worry too. I just think we could have hundreds of mini Wacos on our hands, along with full blown looting if there isn't some sense that things are under control fairly soon.

Every-time my cameras go off at my house I'm afraid. Luckily I live a 5 minute drive away from work, but still.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
You guys are overestimating the impact of hour by hour political news cycles. We're in uncharted territory, but I think the Democrats are reading this better than the GOP:

Being blamed for shaving off another 500 or 1,000 points from the Dow for another day or two isn't going to matter to the average person. I think the Democrats have learned from the 2009 stimulus bill that it doesn't matter if they look bipartisan or not if things are shit during a Republican President, Republicans are blamed, and the same went for Obama and the Democrats in 2009-2010, especially if the stimulus bill does little to address actual Americans and their livelihoods.

It's honestly just better to do the right thing and fight for what you believe in. This isn't going to be the last stimulus bill. This thing is going to dominate the rest of the 2020 election and beyond, and there are going to be countless pieces of legislation that are going to be fought over and be called "THE ONE, the most important one".

Status
Not open for further replies.