• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love that for Bloomberg Biden's team could at least point to Climate and Gun activism, while with Tulsi the nicest thing Biden can say is "she's a vet."

Oct 27, 2017
Jamelle Bouie of the NYT, always on point

VfWJti9.gif

This happened under Obama too, Democrats backing away after 2010, and especially 2014 using approval ratings from the ebola crisis as an excuse.

These things need to begin to be seen as the emergency relief and assistance it is, and not merely a "benefit" from a liberal government. "I don't want to give $1000 to a millionaire" when the tax code changes are already doing this anyway, is such a non-point.

Oct 25, 2017
People are out here losing their homes missing rent and mortgage payments in the next two weeks, and Schumer and Pelosi are worried about getting hit with racist "funding the Welfare queens" attacks.

Jesus Christ, the leadership is too old and too white.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I really think that he's just an idiot racist. He would have started this sooner if it were completely on him. This is definitely miller's work, he is Goebbels after all.
You're probably right, there's a reason why Miller has survived in the WH so long when everyone else burned out/got backstabbed, and it's because his racist views align so perfectly with Trump's. Miller is probably the son he wishes he had.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
When this is all over we need a 9/11 commission type investigation and report.

I was thinking this a couple days ago; it needs to be done. And a big part of why is that these kinds of commissions are not just about looking at the history or assigning blame, but they also carry with them recommendations on what can be done to mitigate future incidents.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
I have hope Pelosi will come around without the mean testing shenanigans but I have no hope for Chuck.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are out here losing their homes in the next two weeks, and Schumer and Pelosi are worried about getting hit with racist "funding the Welfare queens" attacks.

Based on what Wonderment recounted about Schumer's media appearance last night, it seems he might have a case of Kamala Harris Social Media Team syndrome on this one. (UI is about to be overloaded and needs assistance, sending checks to working people month after month doesn't make a lot of sense.)

Oct 25, 2017
People are out here losing their homes missing rent and mortgage payments in the next two weeks, and Schumer and Pelosi are worried about getting hit with racist "funding the Welfare queens" attacks.

Jamelle's right in that it's them being paralyzed by the Reagan era and not donors. Whoever replaces them can be older but just not from the era when Dems lost all power and had to be anti poor to get back.

The Meagan Days and other TYT folks are acting in usual anti Dem bad faith, but Jamelle's usually pretty measured in his critiques.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
The followup question from her is almost as bad as the first

Trump takes a wild anti-media "question" from far-right sycophantic network OAN, bashes the "so negative" Wall Street Journal, the New York Times that he "barely reads," and the mainstream media generally as "corrupt."

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what Wonderment recounted about Schumer's media appearance last night, it seems he might have a case of Kamala Harris Social Media Team syndrome on this one. (UI is about to be overloaded and needs assistance, sending checks to working people month after month doesn't make a lot of sense.)

Unemployment definitely needs an infusion of funding, but people need immediate monetary relief here, so downtalking giving cash out is a terrible look.

Even an argument where we send checks for three months and then re-assess in the summer would be better.

Jamelle's right in that it's them being paralyzed by the Reagan era and not donors. Whoever replaces them can be older but just not from the era when Dems lost all power and had to be anti poor to get back.

The Meagan Days and other TYT folks are acting in usual anti Dem bad faith, but Jamelle's usually pretty measured in his critiques.

Sure. I think I criticized Jamelle for an argument he made about the Democratic Party being outflanked to the left on this a couple of days ago, but if he wants to criticize the leadership specifically, that's another story. I definitely agree with his assessment about why the leadership is cold on handing out cash.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I mean $1000/$2000 checks aren't going to help much if they're not targeting those actually being affected. I'm not losing money right now but tons of service industry people in my area are, so how is me getting an extra couple thousand dollars cool?

The best way to help folks being impacted by the virus is to immediately beef up unemployment insurance and other social services. Right at this moment all the usual restrictions on applying for unemployment benefits should be waived.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
WTF is this Chloraquin bullshit. Spreading false hope.
Chloroquine and hydrochloroquine are anti-malarial drugs, but used for quite a few different things, one being auto-immune diseases and immunodeficiency. Scientists in Brisbane have been having early success with using it as a treatment.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
i wish anyone in the media had any amount of self worth to actually not be a useless microphone holder

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Chloroquine and hydrochloroquine are anti-malarial drugs, but used for quite a few different things, one being auto-immune diseases and immunodeficiency. Scientists in Brisbane have been having early success with using it as a treatment.
Key word early. He's going to make people think a treatment will be down the street at CVS within the month.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

As Tump accused major U.S. news organizations, to which millions of Americans are turning during a national emergency for accurate & factual info about the pandemic, of dishonesty and "siding with China," VP Pence, Dr. Birx & the surgeon general stood by and did not correct him.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean $1000/$2000 checks aren't going to help much if they're not targeting those actually being affected. I'm not losing money right now but tons of service industry people in my area are, so how is me getting an extra couple thousand dollars cool?

The best way to help folks being impacted by the virus is to immediately beef up unemployment insurance and other social services. Right at this moment all the usual restrictions on applying for unemployment benefits should be waived.
You get it to people that are doing fine as well in hopes they spend it. You want it going into the economy.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Key word early. He's going to make people think a treatment will be down the street at CVS within the month.

Well, the drug is already widely in use, so if it is actually effective, then that's great and an "easy" fix. The issue is production, because it's not like acetaminophen or something where there's piles of it just sitting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.