• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is projected to be leading by 50 delegates. That's not as much of a margin as one would expect given the blow out nature of the results.

www.nytimes.com

Live Forecast: Who Will Win Super Tuesday? (Published 2020)

The Times plans to publish estimates around 7 p.m., Eastern.

That margin can be overcome. However, there are many caveats to this:

*Bernie undeniably got a lot of early votes when the momentum was up in the air and he lost a ton of late voters to Biden once the momentum switched.

*Biden has been showered with positive news media all day long which will continue into next week.. Sanders the opposite.

*The demographics seem fairly locked in, with AA voters breaking for Biden as well as older voters. He even enjoys superior gender balance. Young voters didn't show up for Bernie and they arent going to be showing up for future states.

*Bloomberg dropping out favors Biden more than Warren dropping out favors Warren.

*Endorsements are going to start rolling in for Biden now that he has shown his electability and it's going to snowball.

*The future states are more friendly to Biden ESPECIALLY in light of today's results.

I think Sanders should stay in and show just how many delegates he can accrue going into the convention. Maybe get a sweeter deal with Biden since they still like each other. A 35-40% section of the Democratic party shouldn't be ignored.

Warren.... should have dropped out 3 days ago. Bloomberg should never have entered the race.

Obama was ahead of Clinton by 13 delegates after Super Tuesday in 2008 (which didn't include California at the time). If Biden really does end up 50 delegates after tonight, that will actually be hard to make up. Sanders has some good states coming up but so does Biden.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Jesus Christ.

The hyperbole about Biden's mental capacity is appalling, from what is supposedly a progressive (games) forum. I honestly hope the people who say this kind of thing (and the "Biden is senile" shit) end-up having kids and overhear them saying these kinds of things when they're in their 70s. "Dad can't put together a competent setence. He must be senile!".

Have some fucking empathy, and some realisation that mental facilities lower as you get older, and that that can be worse in some than others (ie. your 90 year old gramps who's as sharp as he was 50 years ago is not representative).

Edit: Maybe the fact that I'm on the older end of this forum is why I pick up on this? Urgh. I dunno.
It's because people still remember this guy:

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Isn't Cuellar the exact type of Democrat one wants to primary (really conservative voting record it a safe/mostly safe Blue seat)? If not him then who? Nobody?

Not when you don't control redistricting and are replacing a Dem in a pretty swingy seat (D+9) with a far left(as opposed to just progressive, which would be OK) replacement.

Slackerish

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I don't believe Biden gets SS protection?

He got 6 months after leaving office as vp, could request more, but believe that requires Trump signature. Obama ok it for Dick.

Usually, if the crowd size becomes an "issue" at campaign events, he would request SS protection, but like above requires Trump's ok. Bush did it for Obama in 08 and Obama did this in '16 for Bernie and Trump.

After getting the nomination, he'll automatically get protection until the day after election if he loses, like McCain/etc; or forever keep it if he wins. Hillary always had protection since she was first lady.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
Sad about Jessica Cisneros tbh.

Yeah I get Pelosi's concept but thought she picked wrong still because it's a safe seat. Safe seats are the ones I'm fine with AOC and her group targeting because it's a logical way to speed up the leftward movement as you try to bring other people in on the fringes first as moderates and then inching them more liberal.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
This race is still close so while I think Bernie blew his chance tonight he is going to want to run this to the convention again. Maybe Joe can give him some concessions up front so he would drop earlier
Bernie could get a single delegate and he would still drag it all the way to the convention.

There's nothing you could give him that would get him to stand down. It would just make him scream all the louder.

The only thing I can think of is Leo McGarry dying on election night during the 2006 presidential campaign. And he was only a vp.
At least we've got tons of good candidates for the VP slot. They're basically interchangeable at this point.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Lisa Desjardins @LisaDNews

BLOOMBERG REASSESSING? NEW - Read and RT this.

From a source familiar:
- Bloomberg, team will reassess the delegate math based on what happens tonight (+ it's young).
- THIS. If it's clear Biden has a path to majority of delegates, Bloomberg will consider supporting.
And...

From source familiar:

- If it's not clear Biden can get majority of delegates, Bloomberg wants to stay in
- Bc they think he helps take votes from Sanders AND
- If it's a brokered convention, Bloomberg stays in to fight, influence there.​

10:34 PM - Mar 3, 2020

Oct 25, 2017

From a source familiar:
- Bloomberg, team will reassess the delegate math based on what happens tonight (+ it's young).
- THIS. If it's clear Biden has a path to majority of delegates, Bloomberg will consider supporting.
And...

From source familiar:

- If it's not clear Biden can get majority of delegates, Bloomberg wants to stay in
- If it's a brokered convention, Bloomberg stays in to fight, influence there.

what will his influence be? making sure no one raises taxes on the rich? lmao

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Yeah I get Pelosi's concept but thought she picked wrong still because it's a safe seat. Safe seats are the ones I'm fine with AOC and her group targeting because it's a logical way to speed up the leftward movement as you try to bring other people in on the fringes first as moderates and then inching them more liberal.

No seat is safe in a state where GOP is going to draw the districts in 2020

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
I live on Cape Cod. We are, basically, ice cream central (hard ice cream dominant, naturally). Here in MA, we buy milk from cows outside the state, cause our dairy cows have to provide the cream we need for ice cream. We buy our ice cream from local ice cream places. Practically no one sells anything vegan.

Feels weird to have more vegan options in FL but good to know!

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Mini mike it's obvious Biden can get the delegates if you drop out now.
Plus Bernard is already on record saying whoever has most delegates should be the nominee.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Biden is projected to be leading by 50 delegates. That's not as much of a margin as one would expect given the blow out nature of the results.

www.nytimes.com

Live Forecast: Who Will Win Super Tuesday? (Published 2020)

The Times plans to publish estimates around 7 p.m., Eastern.

That margin can be overcome. However, there are many caveats to this:

*Bernie undeniably got a lot of early votes when the momentum was up in the air and he lost a ton of late voters to Biden once the momentum switched.

*Biden has been showered with positive news media all day long which will continue into next week.. Sanders the opposite.

*The demographics seem fairly locked in, with AA voters breaking for Biden as well as older voters. He even enjoys superior gender balance. Young voters didn't show up for Bernie and they arent going to be showing up for future states.

*Bloomberg dropping out favors Biden more than Warren dropping out favors Warren.

*Endorsements are going to start rolling in for Biden now that he has shown his electability and it's going to snowball.

*The future states are more friendly to Biden ESPECIALLY in light of today's results.

I think Sanders should stay in and show just how many delegates he can accrue going into the convention. Maybe get a sweeter deal with Biden since they still like each other. A 35-40% section of the Democratic party shouldn't be ignored.

Warren.... should have dropped out 3 days ago. Bloomberg should never have entered the race.
Bernie was expected to pick up more delegates today as recently as yesterday.

Stuff absolutely can move around. It doesn't happen randomly though.

But now Bernie needs to do something to dig himself out of a hole.

If you take out Warren and Bloomberg before today, I don't think things look much different.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

From a source familiar:
And...

From source familiar:

- If it's a brokered convention, Bloomberg stays in to fight, influence there.

Boi, you ain't influencing anything with your weak power level.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
If Biden doesn't have the delegates Bloomberg's like 40 delegates by then won't mean anything, Biden will need them from Bernie.

Not much of a plan Mike.

Oct 27, 2017
I live on Cape Cod. We are, basically, ice cream central (hard ice cream dominant, naturally). Here in MA, we buy milk from cows outside the state, cause our dairy cows have to provide the cream we need for ice cream. We buy our ice cream from local ice cream places. Practically no one sells anything vegan.
This is so so off topic, and I don't know where they get their ice cream from, but I have yet to find a chocolate peanut butter swirl as good as the one served at the Brewster Scoop.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Does Bloombito really think he's taking votes from Bernie? He's not really in that lane...Thought the whole point of his candidacy was bc he thought Biden couldn't pull it together.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Alex Clearfield @AlexClearfield

Story of the night continues in Massachusetts. Sanders simply isn't hitting his marks in rural areas, in this case the Berkshires. Biden is up by nine points with half of Berkshire County, which is overwhelmingly Democratic, reporting.

Biden also running up the score in the Irish-Catholic towns south of Boston. Warren in real danger of not being viable in #MA08 and #MA09.​

10:44 PM - Mar 3, 2020

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
If Bloomberg had dropped and backed Joe, this would be over. Not tomorrow. Not next month.

Today.

If he stays in this shit, he's staying in it for himself. Arrogant prick.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Alex Clearfield @AlexClearfield

Story of the night continues in Massachusetts. Sanders simply isn't hitting his marks in rural areas, in this case the Berkshires. Biden is up by nine points with half of Berkshire County, which is overwhelmingly Democratic, reporting.

Biden also running up the score in the Irish-Catholic towns south of Boston. Warren in real danger of not being viable in #MA08 and #MA09.

10:44 PM - Mar 3, 2020

not a good look for liz. she should drop immediately.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah Warren has to drop out. Can't lose your home state and likely come in 3rd and try to think you have any ability to significantly influence policy at the DNC.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Cape Cod sounds rad. I'll add it to my list to visit sometime.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see. Bloomberg no longer viable in NC, giving Biden more delegates; Sanders potentially falling below 15% in AL, giving Biden all the delegates; TX being a draw at best for Sanders.

MS, FL, and GA on the horizon for Biden, plus several states that should now be much friendlier to him (MO, OH).

Status
Not open for further replies.