• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly they don't even have to place dirt. They can release complete fabrications and nobody can really argue.
True, but in that case a visible confirmed hack gives whatever fabricated or altered garbage they give to Wikileaks a sheen of "plausibility"

So the hack is still a way to place dirt, but like, in our minds man
*hits blunt*
*inception horn*

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Only boring straight young men specifically 'hate' or are averse to selfies, I'll have you know. Some of my male friends, who are both straight and young, take all the selfies, not just some. My other male friends, who are (again) both straight and young, merely settle for some instead of none. Like, I thought the problem nowadays is that young straight men are considered to be too metrosexual.

As a matter of fact, I am the exception to the selfie, social media and fashion culture among my straight male friends and lovers.
America has something close to this!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The suits, and the hats, and the yells, and the mustards, were never campaign ending/actual faux pas, it's just that the US hadn't yet grasped that there is no bottom to how low things can go. It was quaint and foolish, but now it's hell and we can never stop it.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Bernie/Warren thing will be interesting to navigate. Bernie's campaign manager came out and said it was all a complete lie. Now it comes out that it might just be a contextless conversation that happened. So, not a lie after all....

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A separate thing, but it's interesting to see the polls fluctuate for everyone but Biden and Bernie. Like wild fluctuations from 8 to 27. The people want another option, they just don't know which yet.

Oct 26, 2017
Just remembered how Chelsea Clinton was blamed for the New Zealand terror attacks 10 months ago because she tweeted that Ilhan Omar was leaning into Antisemitic tropes.

That was probably the straight-up weirdest non-Trump news cycle of the last couple years.

What far right New Zealand mass shooter is reading Chelsea Clinton's Twitter.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Someone make the Australia fires stop so my mother stops texting me depressing videos of koalas being rescued.

Tonight is going to be a massive shitshow with this... incident the past day, but for once I think it's a thing that should be covered I guess? We're sorta entering YOLO time to try to disrupt the general order that things have been in the past couple months. Biden can just keep cruising on the Luigi Ice Strategy and take a nap through the whole thing probably.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Only boring straight young men specifically 'hate' or are averse to selfies, I'll have you know. Some of my male friends, who are both straight and young, take all the selfies, not just some. My other male friends, who are (again) both straight and young, merely settle for some instead of none. Like, I thought the problem nowadays is that young straight men are considered to be too metrosexual.

As a matter of fact, I am the exception to the selfie, social media and fashion culture among my straight male friends and lovers.

America has something close to this!
I'm guessing those people are old, I still can't believe someone actually said straight men hate selfies because it's a gay/feminine thing.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Just remembered how Chelsea Clinton was blamed for the New Zealand terror attacks 10 months ago because she tweeted that Ilhan Omar was leaning into Antisemitic tropes.

That was probably the straight-up weirdest non-Trump news cycle of the last couple years.

This part of your sentence is ambiguous, and your point still stands, but just wanted to clarify that shooter was actually Australian.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left

Many have said it was unfair to connect Chelsea's words to the massacre in Christchurch. To them, we say that anti-Muslim bigotry must be addressed wherever it exists. This is not about left and right. This is about people who do and do not have power, and how those with power use it. A global environment of hatred and vilification against Muslims created this killer. Spurred on by professional bigots, anti-Muslim hate now permeates our culture and politics, and everyone, as a matter of urgency, should consider the role they play in enabling it. That includes Chelsea Clinton.

The reality is that many people aren't doing enough to fight anti-Muslim bigotry. We need people to understand that you cannot be racist against Palestinians, and vilify people who promote their cause, while also being in solidarity with Muslims. You cannot contribute to the anti-Muslim, anti-Black, and misogynistic abuse of Rep. Omar while also being in solidarity with Muslims.

To Chelsea Clinton: We hope that our intentions in confronting you are now clear. We believe that you still owe an apology: not only to Rep. Omar, but also to Palestinians for using your platform to defame their cause. As an Israeli national and a Palestinian, we want you to know that it is dangerous to label valid criticisms of Israel and its lobby as anti-Semitic. We know that this is a tactic to silence us and deny us our free speech.

Unfortunately, people have cynically seized on this confrontation to divert attention from the conversation we need to be having about anti-Muslim bigotry and white supremacy. People have subjected us to a relentless bullying campaign, death threats, and threats of sexual violence. In their haste to defend Chelsea Clinton, people continue to vilify a Muslim woman for speaking her truth.

But we are not deterred. This is a turning point, and white supremacy and anti-Muslim bigotry must be defeated. It begins with keeping our own accountable. Our hearts are with the Muslim community and the victims' families. We will continue to fight for justice for everyone.

Seems pretty easy to understand to me. Didn't Trump attack Ilhan Omar too.

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To be fair, Warren's better at this than just-chilling-in-Cedar-Rapids Hillary was. But it's not enough. She's not reaching as far as she could. If she's truly serious about this, she needs to stream on twitch on the regular. Play something relatable like, oh I don't know, Sekiro while discussing her policies. She needs to post reaction videos on youtube (it's your gurl, Liz), where she reacts to Trump's and friends' statements or just bad opinions in general. She could also try authoring some fanfiction, expanding on progressive values by the by.

Not sure how she should go about courting older men, though.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
To be fair, Warren's better at this than just-chilling-in-Cedar-Rapids Hillary was. But it's not enough. She's not reaching as far as she could. If she's truly serious about this, she needs to stream on twitch on the regular. Play something relatable like, oh I don't know, Sekiro while discussing her policies. She needs to post reaction videos on youtube (it's your gurl, Liz), where she reacts to Trump's and friends' statements or just bad opinions in general. She could also try authoring some fanfiction, expanding on progressive values by the by.

Not sure how she should go about courting older men, though.
She should run on the old person purge, anyone hear new American pass time?

Last edited:

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Huh, they found nothing bigger than that to stop Bernie (from losing) ? I don't know, attack his policies if you disagree, but this drama is frankly ridiculous.

Deleted member 28564

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
She should run on the old person perge, anyone hear new American pass time?
Things either got very historical or very grim with that.
theatre-perge.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
True, but in that case a visible confirmed hack gives whatever fabricated or altered garbage they give to Wikileaks a sheen of "plausibility"

So the hack is still a way to place dirt, but like, in our minds man
*hits blunt*
*inception horn*

This is where playing the Russian game would be useful.

Plant a bunch of plausible but verifiably false info in the hacked documents which implicate Putin and his orbit, then let them do the dirty work of denying it and making clear the cache is unreliable and probably doctored.

Welcome to InfoWars, but with fewer gender-changing frogs and goblins

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Just because Biden got more recent good polls for IA NH doesn't mean that Sanders isn't and hasn't been surging.
He's improved his standing in Iowa marginally above his prior peak performances.
He's gotten his standing in NH back to where it was for much of 2019.
He hasn't made a meaningful dent in SC.
And he's a couple percent up in his national averages.
By that measure Biden is surging in NH.

He's yet to achieve the levels of support in either state that either Biden, or Warren during her summer of success before she flopped, enjoyed.

The same barriers to Sanders winning the nomination remain, i.e. expanding his base.

It's still Biden's game to lose.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's improved his standing in Iowa marginally above his prior peak performances.
He's gotten his standing in NH back to where it was for much of 2019.
He hasn't made a meaningful dent in SC.
And he's a couple percent up in his national averages.
By that measure Biden is surging in NH.

In the span of a month he gained over 5 points nationally. Raw % gains when it's a 4 way race will be understating the shifts. Relative Position is a thing.

And Biden very well could be surging based on recent polling, but it needs to be confirmed. Right now things are going to be volatile as many undecideds are tuning in for Iowa.

Last edited:

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
In the span of a month he gained over 5 points nationally.

And Biden very well could be surging based on recent polling, but it needs to be confirmed.
projects.fivethirtyeight.com

National : President: Democratic primary Polls

The latest political polls and polling averages from FiveThirtyEight.
Lol Biden is not "surging". Biden has basically been remarkably stable. Single polls fluctuate.

Sanders has gained a couple points nationally over the last two months.
He's about two points up on what he was at 6 months ago.
He's still below his pre-Biden entry highs.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Neo Liberalism as soon as Sanders started surging

Bernie's not special, when a candidate looks like a front runner everyone takes shots. Of course, sometimes that isn't required. I remember Bernie supporters, and some Bernie staff like Sirota, trying to take out Beto when he entered the race because he might be competition over the youth vote.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
projects.fivethirtyeight.com

National : President: Democratic primary Polls

The latest political polls and polling averages from FiveThirtyEight.
Lol Biden is not "surging". Biden has basically been remarkably stable. Single polls fluctuate.

Sanders has gained a couple points nationally over the last two months.
He's about two points up on what he was at 6 months ago.
He's still below his pre-Biden entry highs.

The way you look at races is going to lead you astray because you bake in missing what those numbers mean in the context of now. The composition of the race Pre-Biden is completely different than Post-Biden. Speaking of Biden went from appearing to be 3rd/4th in Iowa and at the cutoff mark, for instance, to now appearing to comfortably leading outside the MOE based on an A+ pollster. High MOE on state level polling (and a lack of polling) makes it all a little murky. Hence why we need more quality state level polling. Selzer, within basically the same period, returned different results.

Last edited:

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
The race has basically been stagnant since the summer outside of Warren's rise to a clear second place followed by her fall back to third, and Pete's rise from the pack of leftovers to a clear forth place.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
The way you look at races is going to lead you astray because you bake in missing what those numbers mean in the context of now. The composition of the race Pre-Biden is completely different than Post-Biden. Speaking of Biden went from appearing to be 3rd/4th in Iowa and at the cutoff mark, for instance, to now appearing to comfortably leading outside the MOE based on an A+ pollster. High MOE on state level polling (and a lack of polling) makes it all a little murky. Hence why we need more quality state level polling. Selzer, within basically the same period, returned different results.
Lol, I'm aware the pre-Biden actually entering polling is not a useful comparator.
Things fluctuate, but the overall race is not particularly different than 6 months ago nationally.
Nobody is surging right now.

The only meaningful things that have happened are:
The race has basically been stagnant since the summer outside of Warren's rise to a clear second place followed by her fall back to third, and Pete's rise from the pack of leftovers to a clear forth place.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
While Bernie saying America is too sexist to vote a Woman to become president would be a valuable conversation for the Country to fucking have...

Americans dont self reflect and consider their moral standing and it would be silly for him to open that can of worms while trying to reach the endgoal of defeating Donald Trump as a team

Its gonna be the "Hillary called me Deplorable" moment but not "Bernie things Americans are Sexists"

Doesnt matter if its true as disdain is clearly a stronger motivator than moral self reflection and enlightment

Status
Not open for further replies.