• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You misspelled Warren.
She's more likely to endorse Warren.
Warren doesnt even have a plan for Healthcare. The very tweet I quoted is regarding big money in the political system. Warren wants to allow big money pouring into the DNC if shes nominated. Warren agrees with Trump's military budget, nominated multiple trump cabinet picks, supports Israel over Palestine, etc.

So AOC endorsing Warren at this point would just be an unprincipled act, that she would absolutely deserve ire.
"It'd just a little airborne, it's still good, it's still good."
yeah I dont know what that means

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It is kind of funny that 3 years ago, Warren was seen as a progressive darling because she implied that Sanders lost the election due to rigging. Now she's Shillabeth cause she's doing better at winning people better than Bernie.

Also, I have a feeling that if Bernie wins the election, his supporters will totally turn on him when he doesn't make the sweeping changes he promised in 8 seconds when he's sworn in.

Oct 25, 2017
I was impressed with what I heard from Booker today on npr on criminal justice. I actually think he's probably the best VP pick as it stands. He is well spoken and he doesn't come across as being full of shit. I think a Warren Booker ticket makes the most sense currently unless she pulls someone better out of a hat who wants the job.
He has corruption scandals. Warren has to stay away.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AOC will do the rounds and rallies with whomever becomes the nom

honestly I think it may be best if she doesn't if the nom is warren. I dont really think she has much pull with diehard Bernie stans but she makes it too easy too polarize warren even further. This is anecdotal but I have a work bud who I had considered very much on the same page as me but he said warren is a gun to the head candidate line Hillary was. I also think there's a boomer contingent that is just straight up weird about electing a woman even if they are pretty much lifelong dems. We may only be talking about like 5% of our base but that actually does matter. I think warren can pull moderate dems who perhaps do watch Fox News here and there, and id say it's smarter for AOC to just stay away from it. Omar here in MN kind of has the same effect. She will easily win her seat but honestly I don't want her to endorse anyone here either.

like basically there are dumb, racist, misogynistic people out there but there is a significant enough percentage of them out there who will and do vote for us if you're somewhat careful about what buttons you don't push. It does suck but at the same time I'd rather not lose states in the Midwest we cannot afford to if we can help. Like there is an actual balancing act in play that we can shit on all we want but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Like that's kind of what politics is. You do have to cater a bit. They are the folks that you cater to on the campaign trail and then forget about them with policy. They'll forget about the policy within 2 years too because they aren't really paying attention and they actually are the types to maybe change their minds on things over time.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
It is kind of funny that 3 years ago, Warren was seen as a progressive darling because she implied that Sanders lost the election due to rigging. Now she's Shillabeth cause she's doing better at winning people better than Bernie.

Also, I have a feeling that if Bernie wins the election, his supporters will totally turn on him when he doesn't make the sweeping changes he promised in 8 seconds when he's sworn in.
Remember, the only barometer of "is person a progressive" is if they blindly support Bernie Sanders. Everyone else is either a centrist, a moderate, establishment, neoliberal, or all of the above.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see AOC helping the candidate in any states that we need to win. she doesn't even seem popular among POC in polling either. It's probably best she stays home lol.

She will probably do events on her own though for congressional races.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): trolling
Warren doesnt even have a plan for Healthcare. The very tweet I quoted is regarding big money in the political system. Warren wants to allow big money pouring into the DNC if shes nominated. Warren agrees with Trump's military budget, nominated multiple trump cabinet picks, supports Israel over Palestine, etc.

So AOC endorsing Warren at this point would just be an unprincipled act, that she would absolutely deserve ire.
youre braver than me g. i just come here to do oppo research

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
What is it with Trump's crime buddies and Ukraine? It's like they're smart enough not go straight through Russia, but too stupid to stray far from it.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey has invaded Syria, and Syrian government forces are moving to confront the Turkish troops. This is an act of war, but in 2019, it's yet another day. Weird times.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
To me it feels like someone else is driving White House policy at the moment. Either they tranq'ed the idiot and locked him in basement, or they're openly revolting.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, Police Unions continue to be dogshit (referencing the union in Texas and the Fort Worth murder-by-police).

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

1/2 Hour News Hour: Turning Point USA Edition

Totally throwing Rudy under the bus at this point

7VLINCWJXNB5PLVMAPB4JMKDDGDRFQIE.jpg

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it time to break out the "_____ will save Bernie!" chalkboard yet?
It's been at that point the whole time. Guy had near 100% name rec and wasn't going anywhere and had the same message he always had. There was nowhere for him to go.
These sentiments do not apply to the vast majority of Bernie Supporters.
The vast majority of Bernie Sanders supporters aren't the ones who are online talking about Sanders.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
The vast majority of Bernie Sanders supporters aren't the ones who are online talking about Sanders.
Is it fair then to pretend or act like his toxic fans represent the entirety or the majority of his base?

When you have polling that shows that over 75% of Bernie supporters would be happy to vote for Warren, is it fair to say stuff like "for Bernie supporters you can only be progressive if you hate the DNC"? Is it not an enormous generalization?

Ive found some pretty toxic Kamala fans but I wouldnt act like her base is just a bunch of toxic fools because...it doesnt seem like an appropiate qualifier.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

AOC had terrific political instincts. She definitely wouldn't endorse a flailing, toxic candidate such as Sanders or Buttigieg.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
It's a tiny minority of hyper engaged people who are calling Warren a neoliberal shill.

You (confirm) what you want to (confirm). I think its a disservice to generalize and label folks like that. It only serves to foment anger between bases.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
To me it feels like someone else is driving White House policy at the moment. Either they tranq'ed the idiot and locked him in basement, or they're openly revolting.

More like internal polls are showing even his fans don't like the slaughter of allies and ISIS escaping. It's why he's been spinning so hard since he made this fucked up decision and even tried blaming the Kurds for releasing ISIS. And they probably did tranq him because you know he was overridden for once. He's probably going to lash out about it soon because narcissists don't take being reprimanded well.
See also his sycophants (Lindsey) actually thanking him for pouring a bucket of water on the house fire he started himself.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
Is it fair then to pretend or act like his toxic fans represent the entirety or the majority of his base?

When you have polling that shows that over 75% of Bernie supporters would be happy to vote for Warren, is it fair to say stuff like "for Bernie supporters you can only be progressive if you hate the DNC"? Is it not an enormous generalization?

Ive found some pretty toxic Kamala fans but I wouldnt act like her base is just a bunch of toxic fools because...it doesnt seem like an appropiate qualifier.

The problem is the silence of the other Bernie fans.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
The problem is the silence of the other Bernie fans.
Or the behavior of the campaign that reinforces the worst behavior of SOME of their supporters.

Again, I gotta point out....it's always this one campaign that has questionable hires, that constantly have to come out and tell their supporters to stop...it's ALWAYS them. So....at a certain point, the narrative writes itself.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Speaking of AOC endorsing, I wonder who this was directed at!

Oh, that's really gross. Ugh.

Anyway, I was on Kos, and someone had an article about the military approval of Trump. There's a yearly approval poll Military Times does. This is the trend, and the most recent one is from last year. This years should be coming out pretty soon:

approvepollmilitarytimes2018.png

That's hellish for a Republican.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Or the behavior of the campaign that reinforces the worst behavior of SOME of their supporters.

Again, I gotta point out....it's always this one campaign that has questionable hires, that constantly have to come out and tell their supporters to stop...it's ALWAYS them. So....at a certain point, the narrative writes itself.

Just this week, someone from Team Warren who is an official surrogate was found to have posted some pretty despicable things and outright lies.

It's not posted here and I wouldn't have brought it up because I like Warren. This stuff is not exclusive to any candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.