• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

"I was not happy with it," Mr. Trump said on Thursday at the White House. "I disagree with it."
"I didn't say that," he added. "They did."
Mr. Trump's effort to dissociate himself from his own supporters reflected the misgivings of his allies, who have flooded the upper echelons of his team with expressions of concern in the wake of a rally that veered into ugly nativist territory. They warned privately that the president was on dangerous ground, according to people briefed on the conversations.
Among them were House Republican leaders, who pleaded with Vice President Mike Pence on Thursday morning to separate the party from the message embraced by the crowd in Greenville, N.C.
"That does not need to be our campaign call, like we did the 'lock her up' last time," said Representative Mark Walker, Republican of North Carolina, a top official in the party's messaging arm, who attended the rally and tweeted hours later that he had "struggled" with the chant. "We cannot be defined by this."
Still, while they denounced the chant, Republican leaders declined to criticize Mr. Trump.
----------------------------
Still, Mr. Trump's inner circle seemed to appreciate the gravity of the scene on Wednesday night and urge him to quickly repudiate the chant. Ivanka Trump, his daughter and senior adviser, talked to the president about it on Thursday morning, the people familiar with the discussions said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to divulge them.
----------------------------
Even the House's chaplain, the Rev. Patrick J. Conroy, could not help but join the fray. He opened the House's session on Thursday with a pointed prayer: "This has been a difficult and contentious week in which darker spirits seem to have been at play in the people's house. In your most holy name, I now cast out all spirits of darkness from this chamber, spirits not from you."
Mr. Walker said he had raised the issue with Mr. Pence at a breakfast on Thursday, saying the chant was "something that we want to address early," before it became a staple of the president's arena-style rallies. "We felt like this was going to be part of our discussion, to make sure that we are not defined by that."
The repudiation of the chant was widespread, but it was anything but clear whether the condemnations would have any impact on the president's crowds in the future.

CSPAN @cspan

House Chaplain Pat Conroy's opening prayer: "This has been a difficult and contentious week in which darker spirits seem to have been at play in the people's house. In Your most holy name, I now cast out all spirits of darkness from this chamber, spirits not from You."

9:10 AM - Jul 18, 2019

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
"We now have to run away from the monster we cultivated and took advantage of for years." - Republicans

Scum, all of them.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pete's like "My favorite movie is the Criterion Collection." Solid choices all around, but I didn't know a Messam was running.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017

Perhaps not surprising that Marianne's favorite movie is The Mission. Or that Seth Moulton's is ... Star Wars.

Team Kamala here.

Obviously she's using that film to prepare for her eventual debate against Agent Orange:

bs2.gif

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017

She's the bravest person in Congress.

This donation stuff is making me a bit uncomfortable. Had he just included a link to donate to Omar, I'd be totally cool with it. But right now it comes across to me as him trying to attach himself to this woman (and the Squad as a whole from the previous scuffle) who's going through some real shit right now for his own gain. Like "hey Omar is being targeted by racists so you should support her and donate to her... and also to me!" I'm totally willing to give Bernie the benefit of the doubt on this and say he's not trying to do that. But that's the feeling I get from it. :/

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
This donation stuff is making me a bit uncomfortable. Had he just included a link to donate to Omar, I'd be totally cool with it. But right now it comes across to me as him trying to attach himself to this woman (and the Squad as a whole from the previous scuffle) who's going through some real shit right now for his own gain. Like "hey Omar is being targeted by racists so you should support her and donate to her... and also to me!" I'm totally willing to give Bernie the benefit of the doubt on this and say he's not trying to do that. But that's the feeling I get from it. :/
This is at least the second time he's posted it. It's intentional.

Fuck Bernard.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017

CSPAN @cspan

House Chaplain Pat Conroy's opening prayer: "This has been a difficult and contentious week in which darker spirits seem to have been at play in the people's house. In Your most holy name, I now cast out all spirits of darkness from this chamber, spirits not from You."

9:10 AM - Jul 18, 2019

Can you impeach the House Chaplain? Or just remove the position all together.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how the MAGA crowd likes seeing their idol throw them under the bus, or if they can even recognize that is what is happening. As is par for the course with Trump this is elementary school level stuff: "I didn't do it, Timmy did!"

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how the MAGA crowd likes seeing their idol throw them under the bus, or if they can even recognize that is what is happening. As is par for the course with Trump this is elementary school level stuff: "I didn't do it, Timmy did!"

They aren't going to run the story on any conservative outlets especially FOX so any mention of it to them is automatically "fake news"

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
This is at least the second time he's posted it. It's intentional.

Fuck Bernard.
Did he get her permission to post it?

He is using the story to raise money to accomplish the goals Omar is talking about accomplishing and fighting the party and Republicans to bring real change.

It would be in poor taste if it wasn't coordinated.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
this is really the most succinct criticism of pete buttigieg lol
It just reminds me of the thing in theatre where if you ask an actor what their favorite show/role is they'll ramble on with five different answers.

Was in a show a few years ago where that was our icebreaker at the first rehearsal - "what was your favorite role you've played, and what is your dream role" - and the director complimented me on being the only one to have just one answer for each lol.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, I skimmed this thread, retweeted by @emptywheel but the premise is the FBI thinks the evidence they collected is about Stormy Daniels, but the circumstantial evidence (dates, parties involved) makes her think it's about the woman (Katie Johnson) who dropped her rape accusation against Trump

Would make a lot of sense and also hope Hicks wouldn't be lying when she said she didn't talk to Cohen about stormy.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Bernie really is pushing the party further left.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just be happy that this little tiff will be over and the ammo can be pointed back where it belongs. Better to air out grievances/be petty now than a year from now. Though I'm still unconvinced that Bernie's people won't try and pull the same stunt they did last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.