• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
McFaul is fucking pissed off at that tweet saying a low level diplomat is somehow responsible for Somalia and that tweet is "outrageous'

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
CNN fawning over the testimony, and talking how triggered trump is on her testimony. And they all agreed the tweets were intimidation.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

Brett Baier on Fox News: Schiff — by casting Trump's tweet against Yovanovitch as witness intimidation — was essentially adding an article an impeachment "in real time."

10:41 AM - Nov 15, 2019

Dan Zak @MrDanZak
https://twitter.com/MrDanZak/status/1195367053026304001
Chris Wallace on Fox News: "If you were not moved by the testimony of Marie Yovanovitch, you don't have a pulse. … This wasn't just testimony about the past; this played out in real time. … It seems to me that this has been very powerful testimony this morning."

10:44 AM - Nov 15, 2019

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@kylegriffin1
Schiff on @MSNBC just now: "We saw today witness intimidation in real time by the president of the United States, once again going after this dedicated and respected career public servant ... We take this kind of witness intimidation and obstruction of inquiry very seriously."

10:50 - 15 Nov 2019

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
CNN fawning over the testimony, and talking how triggered trump is on her testimony. And they all agreed the tweets were intimidation.
You got me to turn on CNN for maybe 5 seconds. It's hilarious how much SNL's parodies of CNN panels are virtually identical to the real thing.

It's about damn time Democrats started weaponizing Trump's tweets.
I feel like they've read Trump's real-time tweets into the record in hearings before but I can't remember the situation...maybe Russia/Mueller ones?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
There's a convenient Senate exit to save face
ha yeah, I was just about to post the same. Trump will never fire Pompeo, he's one of his biggest sycophants ("a heat-seeking missile for Trump's ass" is probably the most apt descriptor used for anyone in this administration), but running for Senate in Kansas is an easy way to neutralize that liability while allowing Pompeo to continue climbing the ladder. He's not exactly been subtle about it either...

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Schiff to Republicans:

giphy.gif

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@MLevineReports
"As someone who was working in the White House during Somalia, which was one of the major crises of the Clinton admin ... [the idea] that somehow a junior foreign service officer could have anything to do with the situation in that country is beyond absurd."

—@GStephanopoulos
10:56 - 15 Nov 2019

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So Yovanovitch was responsible for Somalia, wow. She was 28 years old, presumably a junior employee then, and it was all her fault. Interesting.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@MLevineReports
"As someone who was working in the White House during Somalia, which was one of the major crises of the Clinton admin ... [the idea] that somehow a junior foreign service officer could have anything to do with the situation in that country is beyond absurd."

—@GStephanopoulos
10:56 - 15 Nov 2019

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, listening to the phone calls on C-SPAN during the intermission... Wow.

Obviously Republicans think this is a sham, but so do independents, and so do many democrats. Wow.

Need to see some polling data soon. Getting a little concerned.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
"I disagree with the tweet. I think Ambassador Yovanovitch is a public servant, like many of our public servants in the foreign service," GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik says to @byrdinator of Trump tweet this AM going after Yovanovitch
11:05 - 15 Nov 2019

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017

Obviously Republicans think this is a sham, but so do independents, and so do many democrats. Wow.

You're basing this opinion on self-reported party ID from CSpan callers? or some other data?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

The New York Times @nytimes

Conservative allies of President Trump have settled on a message to dismiss the impeachment inquiry against him: They're not calling it a "witch hunt" or a "coup," but a distraction, borrowing from Democrats' playbook in the impeachment of Bill Clinton https://nyti.ms/2r0XWPl

10:53 AM - Nov 15, 2019

Hard to make that argument when Trump is so fixated on it himself!

I think you need to put yourself in the mindset of people who call into C-SPAN during the day and realize these people are nuts

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
@mkraju
· 55s
GOP Congresman Mike Conaway unmoved by Yovanovitch's testimony. "I don't think It sets a precedent," he said of the circumstances surrounding her ouster. "She serves at the pleasure of the President - and he didn't trust her."

Manu Raju

@mkraju
Rep. Ted Yoho said while he may not have enlisted Giuliani if he were POTUS, he was skeptical of Yovanovitch's testimony that she was smeared falsely
11:07 - 15 Nov 2019

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

I haven't heard a single C-SPAN call that was even halfway coherent. They're in no ay reflective of the general public.

Also, I dare say that Schaffer's has handled everything perfectly so far

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Some guy on PBS is saying Pelosi is going to regret having the Intel handle the Impeachment hearings.

dude, what.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017

Have you never heard CSPAN cranks that pretend to be something they aren't? Don't get bamboozled by the trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.