• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wild Arms was free, I guess I must have bought it some time ago. I think that's the only one on the list so far.

still debating paying the upgrade fee. I was only really interested in PS1, 2 and PSP stuff and so far the list isn't great.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm... i know for a fact that I own Jumping Flash on PSN because it's literally installed on my Vita. Wild arms and Syphon Filter both show up as downloadable to me because I own them, but Jumping Flash does not?

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
I gave in and upgraded to premium because of FOMO. I streamed ac: Valhalla and resistance 3. The image quality on both was a big step down, but the controls didn't feel too sluggish. There was some weird artifacting but it wasn't too distracting.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
They capped it. People in Japan last week complained enough so they capped it. People in Japan were stacking til 2034 and upgrading. To benefit from It you're gonna want more than 2 years of essential
wait, they capped it?
what about who has PS Now before the new service and have Plus until 2025?
still capped?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Twenty-Two, Sony still hasn't figured out how to stop sending the "Thank You For Your Purchase" e-mails when downloading a Plus game.

I can't.

People who never before subscribed to PS Now about to find out how much worse this can be.

Imagine this but with a service that has 700 games on it that you can play at your leisure rather than two a month. Yeah...

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
They got rid of Katamari Forever.

It was on Now quite literally forever. And it's gone now.

The unimaginable bastards.

81ZZiTA0z9L._SL1500_.jpg

For real. That and the Sly Collection being gone is a real bummer.

So strange that some stuff got unceremoniously delisted, considering Premium's PS3 selection is essentially a rebranded PS Now

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
for anyone curious, Motorstorm RC is the complete edition with ALL dlc cars and both expansions.

(it also has just miserable screen tearing)

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Nice contribution to the thread.
Thank you.
I don't think a rollout of this size has ever gone perfectly for any company. The fact that it's not a complete disaster is kind of surprising to me.
I am also surprised. I have been using PlayStation's online offerings since I first used a nickel to screw the PS2 network adapter onto my console to play SOCOM. Those early days were expected to be rough, but the troubles I've had with partying up, using voice chat, etc. on PSN in recent years have been (IMO) inexcusable. "Garbage" might have been a bit hyperbolic, but I always assume their online stuff is going to be more problematic than it should be in the modern era.

gjmptwaen

Aug 8, 2020
wait, they capped it?
what about who has PS Now before the new service and have Plus until 2025?
still capped?
capped as in 150 is the most they will charge to upgrade to premium. Before they capped it it would be like $600 to upgrade an account with 10 years of plus. Now even if you have 10 years it only cost 150 to upgrade all of it

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
I thought the 1080p upgrade for PS3 games last year applied to PC as well? I haven't tried myself since then personally. But on console, PS3 streaming is no longer limited to 720p.
Oh you might be right then, I haven't tested any PS3 games on PC yet. I streamed Tokyo Jungle on PS5 last week and the macroblocking was really bad, just assumed it was because it was lower bitrate 720p. Is it just for PS3 games that natively supported 1080p maybe?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I only have to pay $36 for the year for Extra... and I get access to Spiderman. So I guess that covers the cost. Plus Im excited to play Stray for "free"

Just very curious to see when we can expect more and what this will look like in the coming months.

Like Horizon... how much longer until it appears on Extra? Ill assume at least a year. I have no interest in paying premium price to access older games, though Id be interested in a select few if they had at least 60 FPS. But Im not that big of a gamer anymore to waste time going through a back catalog.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
I really like how Microsoft handled BC titles, in that once they were added to the program, if you had purchased them before they would automatically appear in your library. I'm hoping that same functionality is planned by Sony for the future but just not yet implemented.

Now it's a bit of a pain, as I have to search the store for specific games I've purchased to download. I'm speaking specifically about the PS4, as I don't have a PS5.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Oh you might be right then, I haven't tested any PS3 games on PC yet. I streamed Tokyo Jungle on PS5 last week and the macroblocking was really bad, just assumed it was because it was lower bitrate 720p. Is it just for PS3 games that natively supported 1080p maybe?

yeah they're not upscaling anything. But if the game ran at 1080p on PS3, it'll be 1080p streaming to your PS4 and PS5 (and presumably PC too but I can't personally confirm that). I think it was just around this time last year that they upgraded PS3 streaming from 720p.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Is it normal for PS+ to have an extreme lack of notable RPGs? I'm just now subbing after a long PS hiatus and I expected.... I dunno, more? No persona 5 royale? No ff7 remake? Huh? 🤔

Returnal is cool. Spiderman is locked at 30fps so that's a no go for me. Having miles morales is great, but I'll wait for the remastered Spiderman to play that next.
I mean, they have 6 Final Fantasy games on the service right now. Just not 7R. Also quite a few PS3 era JRPGs that are of varying quality. I wouldn't be surprised if Persona or FF7R show up here eventually considering they've already been part of PS+/PS+ Collection (vanilla P5).

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they don't just release an update with PS3 emulator and get it over with? I have a massive PS3 physical games collection that would make me the happiest ever to be able play it on my PS5.

Work on it Sony!
Because PS3 emulation is still incredibly difficult even with powerful hardware.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Well this sucks trying too stream Dark Sector and it just bugs out and sends me back to the Home Screen. So far streaming seems decent not the best picture quality but it works. First time trying it.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just buy the PS1 games or do I need a premium sub to purchase them? It's all I want excluding checking out the odd PS3 game on streaming

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Does the PS+ Streaming app work on the entire library of games in the OP?

I want to play Miles Morales lol

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
If it was, wouldn't it just say unavailable? There are other things on the store you can't buy individually, but they just don't let you buy it, not have some jacked up price.
I think it's some kind of display error. Where are you seeing that price. In the PS app it just says that it's available with premium subscription.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Thank you.

I am also surprised. I have been using PlayStation's online offerings since I first used a nickel to screw the PS2 network adapter onto my console to play SOCOM. Those early days were expected to be rough, but the troubles I've had with partying up, using voice chat, etc. on PSN in recent years have been (IMO) inexcusable. "Garbage" might have been a bit hyperbolic, but I always assume their online stuff is going to be more problematic than it should be in the modern era.

I can't say I have had the same experiences as you, but it could be a NAT issue. Or maybe just bad luck.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Does the premium tier only give access to classic games and game trials? They're not going to add any PS4/PS5 games that are exclusive to that tier right?

There are some good classic games I'm interested in, but I think I'd rather buy them outright if I want them than subscribe to the higher tier service.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
The list doesn't do anything for me just yet, but I certainly believe it will change.

I hate that you can't straight out buy certain games though. That really sucks that they are behind a service.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
had a bunch of stacked ps plus until 2024 and it cost me 150 to upgrade to premium. figured i might as well try it. i hope they add contra shattered soldier for the ps2. i always wanted to play it but never got a chance.