• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference between the Lite and Full versions?

Lite doesn't have the offline modes "Master League" and "Be a Legend" and only a limited selection of teams for Exhibition-matches. It does however include the complete MyClub-mode (basically the PES-variant of FIFAs Ultimate Team), so if you're interested in that you are not missing anything.

wighti

Dec 24, 2017
What's up with the restrictions? They haven't made a non-censored version of the games? Atleast Heavy Rain had some nudity and or sex in it if I remember right.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Horizon Chase Turbo is fun as fuck.

Wait, I mean... WHAT'S THIS INDIE TRASH, LOL SONY PS+ IS GARBAGE NOW!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Lite doesn't have the offline modes "Master League" and "Be a Legend" and only a limited selection of teams for Exhibition-matches. It does however include the complete MyClub-mode (basically the PES-variant of FIFAs Ultimate Team), so if you're interested in that you are not missing anything.
You also can only select between the easiest and hardest difficulty in exhibition

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the first page shitting on the selection was about the quantic dream games and I didnt even bat an eye lmao.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I have to say, I'm still pretty fucking annoyed about this.

There have been plenty of months where the free games offered have had no appeal to me at all and I didn't complain or moan or anything.

Then, when a game comes along I actually look forward to playing, so many people whine about it that Sony actually change the game to something else at the last possible minute, meaning I miss out.

So yeah. I'm salty as fuck about this.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I'm still pretty fucking annoyed about this.

There have been plenty of months where the free games offered have had no appeal to me at all and I didn't complain or moan or anything.

Then, when a game comes along I actually look forward to playing, so many people whine about it that Sony actually change the game to something else at the last possible minute, meaning I miss out.

So yeah. I'm salty as fuck about this.
That's not why they changed it. It was probably an issue with Konami backing out at the last second or other licensing issues. Sony does not care what players think about the monthly games because they're not the reason people subscribe to PS Plus (it's the online paywall).

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
I actually wanted PES so I was suprised to see Detroit ready to download.

Played 4 or 5 scenarios and wow, this is much better than Heavy Rain. Really enjoying it. The graphics are incredible and I think they nailed the atmosphere.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That's not why they changed it. It was probably an issue with Konami backing out at the last second or other licensing issues. Sony does not care what players think about the monthly games because they're not the reason people subscribe to PS Plus (it's the online paywall).

Actually. As a ps+ subscriber since the PS3 days.. the monthly games are the ONLY reason I even bother

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Horizon Chase Turbo is great, but I think it's crap to put Detroit in a flash sale to lure in buyers then 15 days later give it away for free. Conveniently, 14 days is also the limit to get a refund.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
No complaints this month. Had always been curious to try out Detroit : Become Human. Just finished my playthrough and definitely a very good experience.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Hmm. I had no idea what Horizon Chase Turbo was, got the impression it was a mobile game ported to console, so didn't add it to my PS library. But so many people in here seem to like it. And it does look a lot like the old Top Gear SNES games. I'll have to grab it I guess.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Konami have come out and said that it had nothing to do it them, Sony was the one who pulled out in the last second.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
People are saying that it may be the August games, but it could also be an error related to EA Access.

August-PS-1.jpg

August-PS-2.jpg

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
EA already confirmed that it was a pricing error.

August better include Gravity Rush 2!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
August better include Gravity Rush 2!

It would be somewhat odd for them to give Gravity Rush 2 with PS+... a year after the online servers were removed. It'd get some form of backlash, I'm sure.

As someone who's played it, the single player absolutely stands up on its own content and the online content is minimal, but I would imagine Sony would want to avoid drawing attention to the fact that the servers were shutdown; they'd fear posts along the lines of "...so what is PS+ funding, again?".

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
No, with EA Access there's no way we'll see EA titles on Plus.
EA games routinely appear on Games with Gold. NHL 19 was one of the games in June. Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 appeared in March. Battlefield 1 in November.

I don't think that a random guess of NFS for August is likely to be correct, but I also don't think it's correct that there'll never be another EA game on Plus.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
EA games routinely appear on Games with Gold. NHL 19 was one of the games in June. Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 appeared in March. Battlefield 1 in November.

I don't think that a random guess of NFS for August is likely to be correct, but I also don't think it's correct that there'll never be another EA game on Plus.
I never saw an EA games on PS4 anyway, except for Plants VS Zombiw which was for an event lasted less than 24 hours.