• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
Same here. I'm in limbo as got the confirmation of the DD being setup even though it stated declined , but I didn't ever put details into the Smyths website for the console so I don't know what is going on. DD not showing in my Bank yet either.

try doing what Winstano said

As for the direct debit, I wouldn't panic. It's just for new klarna accounts, it won't take anything out unless the purchase completes. Go to klarna.com and check your new account on there, mine doesn't have any purchases on it

dotnetguy

Jul 12, 2020
Glad to have got this over with this morning, apparently people in the US trying to pre-order on Microsoft Store are getting a 503 error, the site has completely fallen over. Ouch. Traffic must have been crazy.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost impressive how much they've fucked this up, was all ready to give smyths my money but will likely just stick with amazon now

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost impressive how much they've fucked this up, was all ready to give smyths my money but will likely just stick with amazon now

Same here, it's been a total mess and all I come away with is a ding on my credit report and needing to check I don't get charged in November.

If this had gone smoothly I was all ready to recommend All Access to everyone I know but it's been a disaster in every conceivable way and I think I'd tell someone to stay away now.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Same here, it's been a total mess and all I come away with is a ding on my credit report and needing to check I don't get charged in November.

If this had gone smoothly I was all ready to recommend All Access to everyone I know but it's been a disaster in every conceivable way and I think I'd tell someone to stay away now.

Yep. Zero interest in going through this again.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
People. Stop trying Smyth's if in UK. it's totally sold out. Initially of X, but now both it seems.

Unless the website is lying.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Still seeing Series S available at some places like Amazon. I thought they would be gone this late in the day.

Has Microsoft made a lot of the S or is it just not selling as well as the Series X and PS5 ?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
This is some House of Cards style situation.

There was a fuck up with Klarna, so both GAME and Smyths took down AA online. Looks like there's still a fuck up, and that's why GAME only offered it to existing customers, not out of some fucking loyalty. I'm guessing both GAME and Smyths knew that even though they went live, that they wouldn't be able to accept orders, due to Klarna fucking up.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
honestly who even knows. I won't be using them for anything again, easily the worst website I've ever tried to buy someone from.

Yeah. I'm trapped though. I got All Access last year before it was famous and started playing arenas.

So unfortunately I'm stuck with them unless I want to be paying for 2 plans at the same time.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I definitely think the taking down of Smyths and Game have to be related to the Klarna issue in some way. They obviously were having problems this morning when Game kicked it all off and they pulled the plug realising Klarna couldn't keep up. MS probably compensated them both for keeping their websites down for the best part of the day, but then they rushed back into it and hence this cock up.

Klarna have told me that you don't get a black mark on your credit history for a rejected credit application, unless you try again, which sounds like bullshit to me. I'm going to check Experian.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
That might explain why they're refusing people. Not because our credit isn't good enough but because too many people are putting in credit requests. Might be worth waiting a few weeks for things to calm down or for Microsoft to use someone else like Clearpay.
For what is essentially a credit-driven fixed term contract, I wouldn't even trust Clearpay with it.

It's why Apple use Barclays for their financing and iPhone Upgrade Program mechanisms.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely think the taking down of Smyths and Game have to be related to the Klarna issue in some way. They obviously were having problems this morning when Game kicked it all off and they pulled the plug realising Klarna couldn't keep up. MS probably compensated them both for keeping their websites down for the best part of the day, but then they rushed back into it and hence this cock up.

Klarna have told me that you don't get a black mark on your credit history for a rejected credit application, unless you try again, which sounds like bullshit to me. I'm going to check Experian.
My issue is that I believe that they knew they wouldn't be able to process new applications; GAME decided to play dirty by acting like they were being loyal to existing customers, and Smyths tried to cover it up by keeping their mouths shut.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK

Frontieruk

Oct 25, 2017

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a thread anywhere that the US launch pre-orders are being discussed cannot find anywhere
www.resetera.com

Xbox Series S/X Preorder Mega Thread (Worldwide Preorder Details in OP) - Starts Sep 22nd

Launch date: November 10, 2020 Stock tracker: https://www.stockinformer.com/checker-xbox-series-x-console https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-xbox-series-s-retailers Worldwide preorder info: Worldwide All-Access info: All Access available for preorders on September 22nd from the...

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Smyth's have just obliterated any good reputation they had after today. What an absolute mess All Access has been.

Someone I know had a credit check done BEFORE the site checked stock and told them there were no consoles left. Why on earth doesn't it check stock before it does a credit check and potentially affects people's credit ratings? It should go: Check stock > if stock, reserve console for set period (say 15 minutes) > perform credit check > if passed, process payment.