• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Huge apologies from me an Englishman to anybody who is upset with this blatent propaganda by petty minded closed off people.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Such an embarrassment. I'm honestly ashamed to be British where we have twats like this living amongst us thinking this sort of stupid stuff.

The fact they linked it to WW2 / Germany just goes to show they are aiming at the older generations with their advertisements. Whilst I will forever be grateful to all the soliders who put their lives on the line there shoudn't be this xenophobic shit spouting out in modern times. Sigh.

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't fathom being on the same side as people who think like that.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Such an embarrassment. I'm honestly ashamed to be British where we have twats like this living amongst us thinking this sort of stupid stuff.

The fact they linked it to WW2 / Germany just goes to show they are aiming at the older generations with their advertisements. Whilst I will forever be grateful to all the soliders who put their lives on the line there shoudn't be this xenophobic shit spouting out in modern times. Sigh.
I don't think it's just the older generations though - some of you the younger ones will have this mindset too.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a friend in the UK that thinks along those lines.

I hadn't spoken to him in ages. When we finally reconnected not too long ago, I brought up Brexit and what a mess it was.

He went on this rant about how Germany - having lost two world wars - was now trying to take over the EU by other means.

I haven't brought it up again cause I really like him and don't want to give up that friendship.

I actually posted his comments at the old boards (just before the thread got locked). Here's what he said:
your friend seems like a loonie conspiracy theorist. when someone shows you who they are, don't ignore it.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
As a German I don't find it insulting as it's a term more related to both WWs. Still whenever someone here in Germany resorts to insult another nation by using derogatory slurs it's usually being used by bottom feeders. So that's unsurprising.
Hopefully this has some consequences as hate speech should never be allowed but I doubt many Germans will find it offensive.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the BBC will be covering this... by inviting Farage on for another chance to spew his bile without any form of fact checking or challenge.

FWIW, I did a quick search and can't really see much of a mention of this on any of the established broadcasters (Sky/BBC/ITV/Channel4)

They've possibly taken a decision to just not report on it/avoid amplifying a tweet from an organisation who have no real role to play in the current situation.

I actually mentioned earlier that Leave.EU love to do outrageous stuff like this because it gives them attention.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, I did a quick search and can't really see much of a mention of this on any of the established broadcasters (Sky/BBC/ITV/Channel4)

They've possibly taken a decision to just not report on it/avoid amplifying a tweet from an organisation who have no real role to play in the current situation.

I actually mentioned earlier that Leave.EU love to do outrageous stuff like this because it gives them attention.

to be fair, the news today has been dominated by the Turkey military action, Barnier saying that no deal is likely, and the incident of the US diplomat wife killing the motorcyclist.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
to be fair, the news today has been dominated by the Turkey military action, Barnier saying that no deal is likely, and the incident of the US diplomat wife killing the motorcyclist.

Yeah, the news cycle recently has been incredibly fast moving.

Probably leading editors to (understandably) be very selective with what's covered

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This past weekend I was enjoying my self in London and thought about how sad all this bullshit is. What a shame.